LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Are Your Pet Peeves?

actually mormons go door to door to invite you to their church .... they only talk more if you ask them questions ..... its the jehovah winesses who are pushy and will even offer to help you with chores all the while trying to push their religion on you

There's so much anger in this thread! *Hugs* all around.

I think that it's more frustration than anger, the 'stupid is as stupid does' thing, and most to do with.....stupid people. :screwy: I see this day in and day out....yes it's frustrating that the human species, of which we are "SUPPOSED TO BE THE MORE INTELLIGENT" (right :P ) do some of the most thoughtless, stupid and brainless things imaginable! I read a quote once that fits perfectly.."the capacity for human excellence is limited, but the capacity for human stupidity is infinite" or something like that, you get the idea. It goes with this link:http://www.ecotopia.com/webpress/Stupidity/

• 2 weeks later...

>.> Couple huge peeves of mine:

1) Being ignored when it is actually pretty important.

2) Americans who don't know how to speak/write english. It isn't that hard, just use a few brain cells and communicate like a human fucking being.

"I don't have pet peeves... I have major psychotic fucking hatreds!" - George Carlin

My biggest pet peeve is parents that assume their kids have as much life experience as most adults. When a child does something wrong, most of the time it's because they didn't know it was wrong. Growing up is about learning from your mistakes. I would bet real money that you didn't know those actions were wrong when you were 12...

I think this is part of the reason I enjoy being a Daddy. Dealing with grown women that actually should know better when they do something wrong and because they're adults, they can be punished and corrected. =)

My biggest pet peeve is parents that assume their kids have as much life experience as most adults. When a child does something wrong, most of the time it's because they didn't know it was wrong. Growing up is about learning from your mistakes. I would bet real money that you didn't know those actions were wrong when you were 12...

I think this is part of the reason I enjoy being a Daddy. Dealing with grown women that actually should know better when they do something wrong and because they're adults, they can be punished and corrected. =)

As someone who didn't have any parents, I can tell you that it is better to have parents that nag than it is to not have them there to correct you. That is why I am an AB, because I was never given any instruction growing up. I just had my teachers and the kids around me. I grew up pretty good, if a little lonely, but I definitely missed out on being a kid for a lot of it. But it is okay now because I have my mommy and she is going to let me get the kid part of me satisfied. ^.^

On topic: Arrogant assholes who hear Andrea Gibson's works and say that she is stupid. Listen to this and try not to cry, especially if you are GLBT or know someone who is.

People that talk slow on a voicemail/answering machine, then turn into a fucking auctioneer when they get to the part where they leave their phone number. I just had to deal with one at work

Got a few for you; OK, a lot. First, some driving ones you don't really see touched on:

People who try to concede their right-of-way. If the right-of-way is yours to take, TAKE IT. Otherwise it just causes confusion and risks a collision. We have right-of-way laws for a reason. If you can't or don't want to, turn on your flashers.

Those who are seemingly terrified of the left lane. I frequently have people persistently tailgate (while I'm going the speed limit in a center lane) and eventually pass on the right, while all the while there's a wide-open left lane not being used for its intended purpose.

On a related note, very frequently those further back going a bit faster will tailgate for several seconds at least, then rapidly change lanes to the adjacent wide-open lane and gun it. This just wastes gas. Why not just smoothly and calmly change lanes as soon as you see that the person ahead of you is going slower? That's what I do.

Those who refuse to pass. If you want to go faster than I am, and it's not a no-passing zone, and no cars are coming, PASS. Don't just persistently tailgate. Passing is allowed for a reason. (Some of these make it sound like I'm Grandpa Grunt on the road, but I'm not: I go the speed limit and don't drive aggressively, with very few exceptions. It saves gas and wear on the car.)

Refusing to park appropriately. Even though correctly parking a car in a stall isn't that difficult a skill to master, the occasional crooked car or too-close-to-the-line can occur. Those can be forgiven; it happens. What's inexcusable is those who willfully disregard marked stalls out of laziness or (more likely) pure misguided entitlement mentality ("so I took up two spaces? Who gives a rat's ass?") and make it impossible to park in the adjacent space or worse yet deliberately take up two spaces although their vehicle doesn't need it. In a busy parking lot this is unacceptable.

And finally, those in a two-way driveway of a business parking lot waiting to turn onto the road, who wait in the middle of the driveway instead of their far right, making it impossible for people to pull into the driveway.

And some non-driving ones:

While at a counter-service restaurant, when the cashier doesn't allow me to finish placing my order and spouts off a total. My local C******* M****** G**** has been especially guilty of this. (The last time I was there they asked, "to-go, right?" My response: "WRONG." I almost never order to-go. Thanks for not giving me the choice...) On a related note, at sit-down restaurants, when the wait-staff brings me the check without asking me if I want to order dessert or anything else. That's grounds for the loss of my business.

Business owners and such who act unprofessionally when leaving "owner's response" comments on review sites like the ones on Google Maps, or the feedback forum or ebay, and similar places. If you want to bring up further discourse on the public internet, you sure as hell had better behave yourself. The occasional grumpy customer on the 'net is a fact of life--deal with it. Reasonable people reading such reviews will be able to separate legitimate complaints from simple grumbling. If a business mouths off to a private individual on the public Internet that's a loss of my business. On the flip side, I'm glad to give business to those who act consistently professionally in their owner-comments.

Somebody brought up English? Ohboy... How about those living in the USA who don't make any realistic effort at all to learn English. Seriously, there's no excuse. In one of my main occupations there are several non-English-speakers. Thing is, I've been associating with them for over three years now. You can't learn at least conversational English in THREE years? I don't buy it. If I were to live in a non-English-speaking country for an extended period I'd make learning the native language an absolute top priority. Surely there are plenty of opportunities for learning English here in the US.

@tunes: I get you! I hate it when people who are going faster than me pull up behind me and refuse to pass. Even when given plenty of opportunity to do so. The worst is the big trucks with bright headlights that blind you even in daylight who stick behind you for miles....then when they do decide to pass, its on a blind corner risking their lives, your life, and the lives of on coming traffic.....

Just this week I had a guy pull right up on my tail when I was driving down the road. Yes, he had pleanty of time to slow down or go around me. Yes, I purposly slowed down the minute he started sitting on my bumper! About 4 blocks down the road I put my blinker on for the gas station to get some gas and he immediatly did so too! I was actually hoping he would pull in behind me for a minute and try to start somethng, but I was in a pretty bulky diaper at the time and though maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea. As it was, he tailgated me with his blinker on up to the gas station entrance, then floored it to go around me in the other lane. Wish there had been a cop following him!

Good ones! Yeah, when I go to Vegas they always try and get you off the street to sell their time shares. I was walking along one day when one of them says to me, "Excuse me..." I quickly replied, "You're excused" and kept walking. The look on his face was priceless!

This is a FABULOUS retort--I don't know how I missed this the first time around!

*files in must-try-this folder*

Another dumb-drivers one I forgot. This is when two lanes are merging and traffic is backed up, usually because a lane is closed due to road work. The sensible thing is to get ready to merge as soon as you see that your lane is ending. But nearly EVERY time a few drivers will continue driving as far as possible until the lane ends, then try to crowd in. There's no doubt they're doing this to get ahead in traffic. It's pushiness and nothing else. This small distance gained just clogs things up worse. Merging cars should act like a zipper being fastened: one car from each lane. This also applies to merging on-ramps when traffic is too heavy for the right-lane drivers to move over a lane and make room.

Karma can be a wonderful companion on the road sometimes. It's already been mentioned how drivers aggressively pass only to get off at the next exit or such. Many a time it's been that I've been aggressively passed, but kept toodling along in my otherwise-empty lane at the speed limit, saw Mr(s). Hotrod blaze on in the next lane over but then stop at the red light ahead--the light that turned green a few seconds before I got there so I barely even had to slow down... :D

>.> Couple huge peeves of mine:

1) Being ignored when it is actually pretty important.

2) Americans who don't know how to speak/write english. It isn't that hard, just use a few brain cells and communicate like a human fucking being.

"I don't have pet peeves... I have major psychotic FUCKING ANNOYANCES!" - George Carlin

first i vary sorry but i have to (seeing as George Carlin was and still is one of my most favorite comedians)

people that cant get quotes correct

“I don't have pet peeves - I have major psychotic fucking hatreds.”- George Carlin

if you need proof

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/78635-i-don-t-have-pet-peeves---i-have-major-psychotic

Youtube comments that ask for a thumbs up. If you have something good to say, SAY IT AND MOVE ON. Do NOT ask me for a thumbs up. Every time I see one of those, I go onto EACH of my google accounts (I have many) and thumbs-down the comment.

Also, facebook assholes who put like my status on every one of their posts.

Also, people who like their own status, posts, videos, whatever. That, in my mind, is being a pure douchebag.

Another big one for me... This one is such a peeve that I HAVE hit someone for saying it in front of me, and I wasn't even in the group that was being targeted... "People who like [something] are stupid."

No. They are not. You are, but they are not. People who like any specific genre of ANYTHING are not stupid. Yes, there are stupid people who like it, but you can't label the entire group. I hate juggalo music. I think it is awful, and I cannot fathom why anyone likes it. However, I know FOR A FACT that there are intelligent people who like ICP. There is a large number of ICP fans that are stupid, but not all of them are. DON'T EVER use a blanket statement that insults an entire group of people around me. I will tear you a new poop chute and cram that bigoted statement so far up there you will be tasting it for weeks.

Here are a few ways to state your opinions without being a stuck up prick:

"I don't like that."

"I disagree with their views."

"I prefer something different."

"That is not my thing."

"Please keep that to yourself."

"I don't understand why they like that."

"Perhaps another day."

"I would rather not."

"No thank you."

"I find that irritating."

"This makes me uncomfortable."

"I would appreciate it if you would stop doing that around me."

"My tastes are different."

"I prefer this, perhaps you would like it."

"Let's change the subject."

PM me any time if you need ways to state your dislike, I have THOUSANDS of them.

Another dumb-drivers one I forgot. This is when two lanes are merging and traffic is backed up, usually because a lane is closed due to road work. The sensible thing is to get ready to merge as soon as you see that your lane is ending. But nearly EVERY time a few drivers will continue driving as far as possible until the lane ends, then try to crowd in. There's no doubt they're doing this to get ahead in traffic. It's pushiness and nothing else. This small distance gained just clogs things up worse. Merging cars should act like a zipper being fastened: one car from each lane. This also applies to merging on-ramps when traffic is too heavy for the right-lane drivers to move over a lane and make room.

I totally hate this! It's one of my biggest Pet Peeves! When this happens, I get bumper to bumper with the car in front of me and refuse to let those people in! I see others feeling the same way! As far as I'm concerned, they can just sit there at the front of the closing lane waiting to merge for the next 20 minutes! Serves them right for scooting way past everyone else to get to the front! Unfortunatly, there is always some "DO-GOODER" who will let them in.

Well....if you follow traffic etiquette...people in the open lane should be letting people into the closing lane in much the same way as a zipper closes. As smoothly and easily as possible. Its when people in the closing lane pull into the open lane in a haphazard pattern that creates all the issues. It really comes down to being patient and calm behind the wheel. If you're the type of person who cannot stand to have people in front of you and you always need to be ahead of everyone else, then you're going to have a bad time.

Really..its simple. Slow traffic in the right hand lane. Stop at stop signs. Know what a yeild and a merge sign mean, and don't drive like a bat out of hell and everyone will have an easier go of it. Don't drive like you own the road and realise that there are people who drive better than you do...and more importantly....WORSE than you do. Cause people to panic and they WILL do something stupid behind the wheel.

Also, people who like their own status, posts, videos, whatever. That, in my mind, is being a pure douchebag.

An equal problem is sites where it's possible to "like" their own things to begin with while logged in. It's easy to hit it accidentally when you think you're reaching for something like an "edit" button. It's possible here on DD and I've almost done it a few times. (So if you see that I've "liked" my own post anytime, this is the real reason.)

I totally hate this! It's one of my biggest Pet Peeves! When this happens, I get bumper to bumper with the car in front of me and refuse to let those people in! I see others feeling the same way! As far as I'm concerned, they can just sit there at the front of the closing lane waiting to merge for the next 20 minutes! Serves them right for scooting way past everyone else to get to the front! Unfortunatly, there is always some "DO-GOODER" who will let them in.

I'm normally not too vindictive on the road but I've done exactly this more than once. As long, of course, as traffic is almost stopped or slow enough that I'm not risking tailgating.

Well....if you follow traffic etiquette...people in the open lane should be letting people into the closing lane in much the same way as a zipper closes.

Not allowing cars to merge is certainly a problem, but (as you mentioned) when more than one driver at a time tries to crowd into the space for ONE car you're leaving ahead of you, that's at least as big a problem. When I see that cars need to merge because their lane is ending, I leave a car's worth of space in front of me while there's still plenty of time, saving somebody from having to wait to the last second. Soooooooooooo few drivers take a hint....

My biggest annoyances are when I'm at work.

First: "Do you work here?" No. Nope, I just walk around in a walmart uniform with a walmart name badge, helping people and stocking shelves because I feel like wasting eight hours of my day five days a week!

Second: "Where are your RCA cables?" RCA is a company. It makes many different types of cables. Yes, I do know exactly which cable you are looking for, but I'm not going to help you until after I've made sure you are aware that RCA isn't the sort of cable you need. What you need we don't even have made by RCA.

Third (non-work related): Alarms. Stupid things waking me up before I really want to get up. The nerve of those things!

Second: "Where are your RCA cables?" RCA is a company. It makes many different types of cables. Yes, I do know exactly which cable you are looking for, but I'm not going to help you until after I've made sure you are aware that RCA isn't the sort of cable you need. What you need we don't even have made by RCA.

im sorry but i have to do it again

when people dont know what they are talking about

let me explain RCA cables are named by the connector which is called RCA(Radio Corporation of America) look here thay are the red/white/yellow/etc. connectors with the one central pin and ground on the outside thay are used for audio/video both digital and analog

Ummm...yea sorry Battlemage. RCA cables are called that in much the same way 'Cresent' wrenches is a standard term for an adjustable wrench, 'Kleenex' for tissue, or even 'Pampers' for diapers.......

Heck...you should be pointing them towards components that have HDMI anyway :P

My Pet Peeves:

Driving-

Parking over the line in a lot. This bugs the hell out of me because it causes something I call "Cascading Parking Failure". They effectively take up two proper spaces, but there will always be someone willing to park incorrectly in the space next to them so that they, too, are over the line. This error can propagate over several spaces if no one corrects by parking closer than usual to them. The worst part is even if the original culprit leaves, there's still cars parked incorrectly and the problem is perpetuated long after the first idiot is gone. Seriously folks, it takes at most 15 seconds to pull your car back and adjust in a parking spot.

Turning on your turn signal when merging after you're halfway into my lane. Please, don't even bother.

Freeway follies. These include: People that speed up when I try to pass them. People that speed up to pass someone, then match speeds when they're right alongside the car they're passing. Zoning out on cruise control set to the speed limit in the fast lane and not noticing the caravan collecting behind you. Accelerating to cut me off when I put on my turn signal after matching your speed.

That last one has inspired a rant: Seriously folks. Relative speed matters more than position on the freeway. Just because I'm in front of you doesn't mean I'm going to "win". Also, any microsecond you've gained on your trip by maneuvering to get in front of me so you can be first will be lost at the next stoplight. If everyone were sensitive to the speeds of people around them, the average blood pressure on the road would go down.