LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

12 Dead, 58 Wounded In Colorado

I told you to think about what I said before responding. Nine minutes is not long enough as you clearly do not understand what I said. While the exact motivation is not clear, the type of motivation is. Wait a day and don't spend it glued to the television.

This event was a terrible tragedy, and should be treated as such. What I learned from it is that this great Country needs to impose gun control. The Constitution says that we have the right to be armed. I do NOT believe that is true anymore. We have the military & police to protect us. This is not the wild, wild west. And why is a retail store allowed to sell an assault rifle? They only have one use-killing large amounts of people very quickly. God Bless all the victims & witnesses. And may the douchebag who did this die a very painfull death.

I told you to think about what I said before responding. Nine minutes is not long enough as you clearly do not understand what I said. While the exact motivation is not clear, the type of motivation is. Wait a day and don't spend it glued to the television.

Fine, whatever. I'll give in give you the benefit of the doubt that you're simply not explaining yourself well or tactfully. You come off as using the ostrich method to just make the whole thing like it never happened. If that is not your intent, I apologize.

For the record, I haven't been following the story on TV at all. I've been following it online, actually reading the news from actual news sites. There are better things on TV that I enjoy watching more. Like "Disney's Gargoyles." And "Family Guy." And "American Dad." Things that let me escape or make me laugh. Just because we greatly disagree, don't think that you know me. Thank you.

This is a tragedy and my heart goes out to those that lost friends and loved ones.

This horrorific incident is now a media circus. There is no doubt that the anti-gun lobby will be all over this.

At a time like this nobody says anything about the 440 murders that took place in the city of Chicago in 2011. The last tid-bit was Chicago's mayor telling the gang thugs to keep the violence away from children! Something is wrong with this picture!

redneck, I think the difference in this case, for me anyway, is that this wasn't just senseless killing and murdering. This was an act of domestic terrorism, make no doubt about it. A murderer often knows who they're going to murder. Sometimes murder occurs during a mugging, if somebody wants to hang onto their wallet, watch or purse. This guy went into a VERY crowded place with apparently mayhem as his only intent. That's why it's hitting people so hard. What did that 9 year old he shot in the back do to him? What about the 15 people who died? What about the 50 more he wounded? They did nothing to this guy. This guy was out to hurt society at large, plain and simple.

Maybe we need to ban movie theaters and Batman movies since they seem to attract wackos who like to do harm to others.

Gun control does absolutely nothing for anyone, as guns are inanimate objects and can't do anything on their own, but require a "PERSON" to pick them up and load and aim it to do it's work. People control with firearms through mandatory education is a much more reasonable approach to this situation. Though I don't think there isn't really that much gun violence,but what there is gets hugely sensationalized in the media because it's just so "news worthy" :screwy:

I don't like this any more than anyone else, but making mandatory education of gun ownership and putting people though classes to teach not just marksmanship, but RESPECT for both teh weapon and people in general and stress the respect of others and that gun play is a last resort CHOICE, would go a long way in curtailing a lot of this kind of crap.

This obviously was a planned event, to generate attention and what ever other "need' this nutwad has. I read that he's not cooperating with police now also, just to keep the attention thing going.

He needs to be handed a shovel....and be made to dig the graves for the people he killed....and also bury them...one at a time...then face each family member, man, woman and child, and apologize and explain "WHY"....one at a time, to each and every person involved...face to face.... but that will never happen, and evidently he is to much of a coward to do it anyways.

Real brave thing to take up a loaded weapon and use it against unarmed and harmless people in an entertainment situation. I just hope he rots in a dark dungeon somewhere forever :badmood:

• Like 4

I forgot to add that he should then be handed a shovel again, and dig his own grave...and also a hammer to help build the scaffold in front of the theater where he committed this act. There they can sell tickets to his hanging. he wants attention, then he gets it. I'm all for public executions again, so he can have his day in the sun, but not the way he wants it.... he can then be publicly hung by the neck until dead, with a huge audience watching.... then get dumped in the hole he dug for himself.....buried and forgotten....

But I am sure someone would complain that this is "cruel and unusual punishment" but those are the people who fail to consider those left behind by his acts....the parents brothers and sisters, husbands,wives and children who had someone important taken away from them. THEY have to live with that for the rest of their lives, whith out thier permission!

Now tell me what "Cruel and unusual punishment" is again! :P

• Like 2

This event was a terrible tragedy, and should be treated as such. What I learned from it is that this great Country needs to impose gun control. The Constitution says that we have the right to be armed. I do NOT believe that is true anymore. We have the military & police to protect us. This is not the wild, wild west. And why is a retail store allowed to sell an assault rifle? They only have one use-killing large amounts of people very quickly. God Bless all the victims & witnesses. And may the douchebag who did this die a very painfull death.

a gun in my hand is better than a cop on the phone any day.
  • Like 3

I get outraged when freedom of speech or freedom of religion is threatened, so I feel I have to get outraged whenever 2nd Amendment rights are threatened...but I would love to know how it is legal for him to buy 6,000 rounds online...that much ammo all at once seems like it should have sent up some major red flags.

I believe they might have double counted at first. but count is 10 on scene, two at the hospital. And that is 12 two many. Hope the rest make it through this that are in critical condition.. I believe that is at 11. It is interesting to note that Colorado originally had a ban on assault rifles and semi auto shotguns, but rewrote the law in 2007 I believe I read. Now you can own a AR15 type weapon as long as you don't load a 21 or greater magazine. Shot gun with no more than 6 shells.

When I got out of the Marines I bought a Match Grade AR15 rifle. I wanted it mostly because it was the weapon I was used to using. It was on display on a rack with my Military sword and surrounded by my awards and citations. It had a blank mag in it, but I had two 30 round mags for it hidden and loaded. I also had two 100 round drum mags for it. Being slightly paranoid of zombies and stuff. It had the capabilities to go three round full auto, thanks to some buddies from the Marines I knew. I only fired it once through a 100 round mag in the auto mode on a closed range at some attacking milk jugs.

As far as having 6000 rounds (roughly $2500) I doubt very seriously he ordered them all from the same place or same time. The FBI would have been notified of that. It is my belief that for whatever reason the guy snapped. As such with his background and career, I would see no problem with his having bought or owned a firearm. I myself sold my weapon when I became suicidal in the past. I doubt seriously I would have shot anyone else but when things go that far I didn't want to risk anything. I do wonder why he bothered to tell them his place was boobie trapped though? He must have had some slight change of heart in there somewhere? Anyway bless those affected!

• Like 1

yeah orders that large are questionable and send up red flags especailly after colombine and 911. hey am i the only one that thought it was odd two of the biggest shootings happened in colorado? what about the guys in texas? Nothing since the clock tower huh? anyways, some of it was bought from a place in chesterfield missouri, i know that much. but he had to of done several orders over the past few months they suspect that he had been acquiring everything for this. Funny, i would have expected someone to snap in utah, not colorado

Repaid1,

Semper Fi brother! I too have my sword (Mameluke), a Nepolese Kukuri and Operation Iraqi Freedom locking blade; but no fire arms. I agree with most of the opinion express here, especially Square Duck's idea to make punishments more public. Aside from the ground that has already been covered, I wanted to something a little different to the discussion.

All,

What happened was truly shocking and of course the patrons in that theatre will never be the same. What will happen to local movie theatres, the American film industry and all those over paid actors down the hill? If we apply what we saw from the 9-11 response, many theatres will be forced to close. They will either not be able to afford "enhanced security" or suffer too big a loss of ticket sales. I'm assuming it's pretty bad for them given the ages of the children at that late showing and what the rating required them to do at the ticket sales booth. If movie screens close, it will affect the profitability of films and trickle down to all the unionized people currently working in the movie industry. One of America's biggest exports could be positioned for a massive downsizing.

What idiots like this guy never consider is the ripple effect. That also is that say that al qaeda knew the second and third order effects of the attacks on 9-11. Our airlines and part of our economy still haven't recovered from that. Time will tell what the effects of this are to us as a Nation.

• Like 1

your right. should have done it in a church while passion of christ was playing. on a semi related/unrelated topic, remember the tornados last year that wrecked joplin? one hit me and tore the roof ff a church while Passion of christ was playing. Guess god didn't approve of that.

like i said before. I think this jsut justifies the whole pirating thing. that and well who hasn't been pissed off in a theater because some mooks will NOT shut up and put their FEET on the back of YOUR CHAIR let alone ANY chair in there.,.......

This guy fits the definition of a terrorist. He set out to kill and or terrorize many people. He booby trapped his apartment with IEDs. improvised explosive devices.

This terrorist should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I believe this case should call for the death penalty.

• Like 1

....We have the military & police to protect us.....

The Police response to the first phone call was exceptional- the Cops were there within 90 seconds but it wasn't enough, was it? :o The Cops can't be everywhere all the time, and even if they are, they are the first to take cover when the lead starts flying- that is how they are trained ;) They only initiate a response once they feel safe so they will not protect you or anyone else till then- it's up to you to do that for yourself and the Courts have agreed with that principle many times over. Fact is that in the US the Cops are not obligated to protect you- their obligation is to try to protect society in general and no single entity can lay claim to not being adequately protected by them- again this has been upheld in many court rulings <_<

One of my favorite sayings is that when seconds count, the Cops are just minutes away :screwy: The bottom line here is that this terrible tragedy only proves that there is an inherent risk to living, that there is no safe place anywhere out in this world, and that there is nobody who can protect you from a nutcase like this better than yourself, and even then luck will play a large role in the outcome. Welcome to reality.

Bettypooh

if they "up" security at theaters, in all seriousness i will never buy a ticket to a movie again. I will either wait for it to hit DVD or pirate it. I deal with enough malarky at the theater, I don't care to deal with this. I'm just glad i wasn't a big flyer to begin with before 911, now I just ride the bike everywhere I want to be. If I can't ride there, more than likely I won't be there.

Nobody is gaurenteed life, let alone a long one. People are by nature "evil" (and no this is not some religious nonsense just my personal opinion) though it varies from person to person on the degree of such. Anything can happen anytime, anywhere. Just more of a reason to always cherish the time you have this second, and life it like it's your last, well within reason of course. i mean if we TRULY lived like it was our last moment I am sure that the police would have us in cuffs for one thing or another like public indecency lol.