LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Have Any Others Come To The Adult Baby Lifestyle Later In Life?

Have any other babies come to the Adult Baby lifestyle later in life like myself?. I was born in the sixties, and as the eldest child, I always had to help my mother care for my younger siblings, there was never really much time for me to be the baby or the little girl, there was always a new baby brother or sister to help care for.

I had my own children at a young age too, and for the last eighteen years I have been a single parent. My children are now all grown up and have their own lives. I have spent much of my life caring for others, and now I have the time and opportunity to be the baby girl that I missed out on the first time round

Lots of love, little baby girl xxxpost-42213-0-40765900-1339032309_thumb.j

post-42213-0-40765900-1339032309_thumb.j

• Like 1

Yes. I was born in the late 1940's and it was somewhere after I was 50. I did have another way of coping before that, but diapers, etc are fairly recent to me.

Find and read Prisoners of Childhood by Alice Miller. You sound like a perfect fit for what she describes. I know the book because it was recommended to me as well. Even if you just look it up on Amazon and read the section available on line.

This book is not at all meant to 'fix' you but maybe it will help you understand yourself, though you seem to have a decent handle on it. It's caused me a lot of thought about my childhood and how it's affected my life. It hasn't changed my feelings about abdl at all, though. It is still a way of coping. I'm glad that you are finally finding your childhood.

Thank you for your kind reply and advice Diaperpt, I have checked out the book you recommended at the US Amazon site(the Uk site does not show samle pages) I found it most intriguing, and will try and get hold of a copy. I am pleased it has helped you understand your own chilhood and your relationship with your parents, and I am pleased too that you still enjoy the Adult Baby lifestyle.

My father was cruel and violent and I soon learnt how to avoid confrontation, my mother was not always able to protect us. I still have a real fear of male anger and aggression. I am so glad that I discovered my love of being a baby girl, and I have embraced the lifestyle wholeheartedly.

Lots of love, little baby girl xxx

hi, and welcome too DD i too came kinda late to this lifestyle, always had this feeling off wanting to be treated like a baby again, nappies bottles ect, i realy tought i was alone with this feelings, till a few years back i moved too london, and saw an news paper artical about adult babies, wow i that's was it i.m an adult baby, took another few weeks till i found the AB nursery that the artical was based on, booked an overnight stay, wow this took a long time i tought sitting in my nappies and baby cloths in a cot, really happy, never looked back since, i now have a collection off teddy bears too, not a nursery but, comfee non the less, your nursery looks soo cute with ur dollies and teddies and crib, it's sooo relaxing being little again nooo worries, or cares just being a lil babygirl again, cuddling and playing, hope yours having lots off fun being a lil baby again,

hopes this helps a lil, chat anytime, if you like.

yours sincerely,

duckling xx

I have a question of those that 'came late'. the phrase tends to refer when you first began the activity rather than when you first felt the drive to do so. Can you articulate for me which it is? Is it that you suddenly became aware of an inner desire to regress or was it a chioce to roleplay the activity and you find you enjoy it or is it something that has always 'been there' but has only now taken shape and form in your life.

love to hear from you all.

For me, I was enticed by diapers and cute little girl clothes since I was about 7 or 8. I suppose the interest came about because I saw how much positive attention babies--especially little girls--received. Not only that, but I saw how passive and non-aggressive the girls in grade school acted. They were allowed to get away with being dainty. Tough gets you hurt, so I decided really fast that femininity had its benefits, especially personal safety. Soon after that, I found out how comfortable dresses are. They're loose and airy. Those feelings stayed with me all my life.

This is quite a profound question as far I am concerned. I was always being told by my mother how grown up I was, how I was never really a baby, how I could drink from a cup at nine months and was potty trained and dry at night by the time I was two. How good I was at helping care for my siblings

I was her confidant, and a conduit for the anger she felt towards my father for his cruelty and indifference. It feels now as though my childhood was stolen from me.

It was only slowly that I realised that what I wanted was to return to that lost childhood. The more I thought about it the stronger the desire became to make it a reality. I think all of these desires had been with me for a long time, I was just not aware of them, certainly not during the years I was caring for my own children, being an Adult Baby then would have been inconcievable to me.

The role of carer has defined me as a person for the greater part of my life. I am now the mother to my own' little' ( a term I have learnt since joining all of you other Babies here on DD), I am responsible for all her needs as she is much too young to care for herself, my life seems to have come full circle.

I was 27 when I first came across a story in a magazine about a woman who put a nappy on her husband. I was immediately hooked but it took me some time before I found another story relating to adult babies. I am sitting here in my hotel room sucking on my dummy with my nappy and snapon pants and I feel great!!

Rosalie, that is a very interesting and appropriate question. While I saw the connection I had with what little baby girl said, I can't speak for all and wouldn't pretend to. It seems though that for most of us (or should I only say 'many' of us?) our connection to abdl grew out of either conscious or subconscious experiences/situations in our earliest years.

I won't over analyze myself - I pay lots of money for someone else to do that! But when I reached junior high school, for some reason I became instantly attracted to the gym suits the girls wore at school. It was not a personal, sexual thing with the girl, but rather I just wanted so much to be able to wear a gym suit. I would get excited if I saw one hanging on a clothes line, or when the girls would bring them to school all ironed and folded, mixed in with their books put under their chairs in classes before they had gym. I'd even get excited just reading the printed daily bulletins in school announcing that girls should take their gym suits home, including their bloomers. Those words would just explode in my head. I'd get a thrill seeing the snaps on the top of the suit, or the white elastic at the waist or the gathered elasticized legs of the bloomers.

Those gym suits were two piece - a skirted top with separate bloomer style shorts underneath. Even the high school cheerleaders used the bloomers under their cheerleader skirts and so this was an extra opportunity to peek, again not with sexual thoughts about the girls, though some were cute!

At the end of 7th grade, I acquired a pair of bloomers - not the full gym suit - and brought them home. Eventually I did a binge and purge and had to wait another couple years before being able to get another pair of blooomers - still dieing to get a full gym suit.

That didn't come until I was in my twenties. Not able to get the same style gym suit, I went after what I could find. I slowly developed a collection of colors and styles. For a long time I was happy with just the gym suit until I began to think that panties would be a more realistic addition - then later a bra and finally breast forms.

A couple binge and purge cycles and more collections until doing internet searches over and over for 'gym suit', 'gymsuit', 'bloomers', I ran across the story "30 Days in Diapers" - which I caught because the guy's girl friend had challenged him to wear diapers for 30 days under her control and she put him into a leotard over his diapers and the leotard was alternately labelled 'gym suit'.

Hmmm...an adult wearing a diaper...I wondered what that might feel like... and then the idea of being forced to wear a diaper caught my imagination and I began to look at more and more stories...

This was longer than asked for, but bottom line, I substituted one coping mechanism for another. I still have a long way to go in therapy and I'm not at all trying to 'cure' my abdl feelings, though that's the outcome my wife wants. My therapy is to get me to a point where I can assert more successfully who I am and what I want over what I should be for other people. What that means for my abdl side is yet to be seen, but I will decide that for myself and not just cave to what others might think for me.

That is truly fascinating diaperpt!! I hadnt actually given any though to the notion of a particular fetish or interest 'transferring' to another object. So for me the question is was the diaper interest latent that the gym clothes covered or did the fetish move from one to the other. And if so, is your fetish likely to move again or are diapers your final destination? I know that having lived with an AB for 40 years, his interests have morphed some but ave always been sissy baby at the core. the variations have been 'variations on a theme'. I wonder if diapers are a variation on your theme of 'girls clothes'.

Thanks!

I have been giving some further thought to Rosilie's question. I began thinking seriously of wanting to live as a little girl about ten years ago, my children were in their late teens and I knew that they would soon be leaving home to live their own lives, and I would be able for the first time in my life to put myself first, to seriously consider what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life. I decided to gradually introduce this desire into my life.

I had, and still have, a collection of beautiful peignoir sets from the fifties and sixties,( the kind the women wear on Mad Men), and many of them are baby doll sets. These look remarkable like little girl's baby dresses, as do most of the other sets too, ( it makes one wonder if the male dominated society of the sixties did not deliberately want to keep women infantalised), I could easily wear these around the house without raising any suspicions that what I realy wanted to be was an Adult Baby.

It was about this time too that I started to collect my little girl sized dolls, dolls from my own childhood, dolls that my parents could never afford, many adult women collect dolls so this was not too unusual either. These actions did raise a few questions from my children but they were, and continue to be very tolerant of my lifestyle.

I had heard of men who wanted to be babies, and I felt alone and ashamed that I too wanted to do this, (I really thought it was only men who had these desires), here I was, a middle aged woman and mother, who wanted to dress in little girl's clothes, use nappies/diapers, dummies/pacifiers, drink from baby bottles, play with dolls and soft toys and live all over again her childhood, but this time an idealised and perfect childhood, a childhood free of responsibilities, a chilhood free of cruelty and the threat of violence, a childhood where everything is kind and loving, where there is all the time in the world.

I would welcome Rosalie's input again to this post, and any other Babies who have want to comment further.

post-42213-0-25461900-1339812957_thumb.j

post-42213-0-25461900-1339812957_thumb.j

i think there is something in all off us, (adult babies) that want's us return too ur baby side again, being lil again never leaves us, till one day we get a chance again too return too that world off babyhood, nappies, dummies, baby bottles, that safe and surcure, babyworld, ur very lucky to be able too return there, sooo cool, it's just prat off who we are, yahh i tought is's mostly men too, now find a lot off girls/woman have there's desires too, to be taken care off, cuddles, love, cute babyhood, hehehe

it's great u have an understanding family, love too be able too return too my babyhood too.

being an adult baby can be lonely, maybe it's more out there now, and people are more unerstanding.

ur's sincerely

duckling xx

• 2 months later...

Rosalie,

In trite psychological terms, I think both the desire for girl clothes, etc and the desire for diapers stem from coping with my mother.

The gym suits and other girl clothes, the curiosity about bras and breasts, etc I think are part of a desire to please my mother. She had wanted a girl, I was the last child and so I was the one who should have been a girl (in my mind). If I could become a girl, maybe I would have made my mother happy.

The girl's clothes, especially the bloomers, filled a desire to have something tight around my middle. Both the bloomers and/or bloomer style gym suits and diapers and plastic pants provide the band of tightness both at the waist and thighs. My shrink associates that desire for tightness with the idea that I didn't get enough close physical contact and comforting (or what I internally wanted and needed as a baby). This fits in well with my thoughts about bondage as well; this is another feeling of tightness and being held, but it also allows me to imagine that I'm being forced to be in girl's clothes and/or diapers.

I'd mentioned above that girl stuff came first when I was in 7th grade and thoughts about diapers didn't come until I ran across that diaper story "30 Days in Diapers." As for the move from gym suits to diapers, there came a purge of gym suits, panties, bras, breast forms while I clung to my diaper things. I accumulated some girly onesies and lots of pink and girly plastic pants. After that purge, I managed to re-acquire a girl's gym suit I could put on over my baby things.

The desire for gym suits is still in my mind, so it has not disappeared at all. Mentally and physically, gym suits to diapers was sort of a variation on a theme. For a while it was a complete replacement of 'material' but even the girl stuff has returned to an extent. To that extent it was simply an expansion of the theme.

If this gives you a sense of what I mean, a good day at home would be starting with a suppository, disposable pierced under thick cloth covered by girly plastic pants; bra with breast forms; with a girls gym suit over the top of that and somehow locked on me with chains. I'd have either a bottle or paci in my mouth at all times.

After the suppository took effect, I'd want out, a good cleaning, then back into very thick cloth and the rest of the outfit once again.

In a fantasy world, I'd love someone (female, I think) to force all this on me...and in addition, lock me in a crib, mitts on my hands, restrained, maybe a hood, forced feeding, etc.

diaperpt

I have just started when I learned my boyfriend talked about his diaper fetish. I am a very mothering kind of person and truly enjoy mothering him. I was a bit shocked at first. I just had no idea he had a thing for diapers. But I enjoy the whole thing plus it works real well with my secret to breast feed. I also enjoy shopping for diapers and such. But most of the day we are working and can not be mommy and little boy.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been night urinary incontinent since I was 12 and totally urinary incontinent since I was 21.

I was 26 before I discovered Adult Baby play as a coping strategy. Before that (1990) I did not know anyone wore diapers for fun, or had fun while wearing diapers.

I played with diapers and plastic pants as an 11 or 12 year old. Did that for a few years. The desire went away with cars and girls distracting me. In my forties I thought I was going crazy when the desire came back. I was having serious issues fighting the urges and keeping my feeling from overwhelming me. Finally my wife had had enough of me and wanted to know what my problem was.

It was so had to talk to her about it. But she told me to buy what I needed, just don't include her......

• 3 weeks later...

It does seem to be that, apart form a few, the AB/diaper interests were latent from early to mid preteens and then erupted some time later. That is certinaly in keeping with results on the survey. Thanks for all the comments.