LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Do I Meet People?

Guest Penelope

Guest Penelope

I just joined and I tried to go in the chat room but I don't know anyone and people didn't seem super friendly... And I don't know all the abbreviations or how to whisper things... What do I do? I am new to the whole ab/dl community and I am confused and lonely. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. My name is Penelope and I really think I might be a LG. thanks again for helping me :-)

Hi Penelope,

First of all, Welcome to DD! It is a very friendly & informational site in my opinion. Unfortunately I share the same experience as far as the chat room goes eventhough I am a long time member of this site. As for meeting people are you referring to online or in real life? How you do it would depend (no pun intended) on which route you want to take. I don't know if you've taken time to browse the site further, but there is a ton of information & areas to explore! Good Luck & feel free to PM me on the board & and/or ask more questions & I'm sure myself or anyone else would be happy to do our best to Answer.

Rockies Fan.

P.S. The Validating thing means that you are in the stage of being validated that you are indeed over 18+

Well, I'd say that you just met a few...or at least who ever read this post ;) Don't feel like an outsider here. this site, like anything else is only as good as you make it, and you get out what you put in. :thumbsup: as said above, this site is a great resource and full of people with a huge amount of information and experience, so don't be shy or let a bad experience in the chatroom throw you off. we get a L*O*T of traffic through here and.....unfortunately a lot of trolls and others who want to cause trouble or what not :glare: so there is some wariness of new people....though it's not your fault....just blame all the HNG's (errr thats 'horny net geeks") and other trouble makers for trying to create an atmosphere of uncertainty etc.

Just hang out....read...ask questions...and don't worry, we get a lot of people in here and all the questions are pretty much the same so we are used to it ;)

Just remember, it's OK to be a LG, you are who you are and only YOU know what makes you happy and what you want etc. YOu can only find that though exploration and asking questions...

Most of all have fun! :D

Welcome to the site. :) As for Validation, it actually is just the term used for when you join the site first. When you made your profile you gave it a Email address the site then should have sent you a email confirming that you did indeed join and verify the email address. There should have been a link within that email to click so the site would have switched you to "Member" status. Check your Emails and your spam or junk folder for a email from this site if you didn't get it for whatever reason just post back on this thread and I will handle it from there.

Other than that Like duck said just hang around for a bit and post now and then so the members here will get to know you. If you haven't already you might want to make a intro about yourself telling us a bit about you and such in the Newbie section of the forums. that should get the ball rolling as it were. :)

@ Penelope, I remember being lonely in chat for awhile, it sucked. PM me if you feel lonely. :)

Guest Penelope

Thank you every one for all your friendly helpful advice. I chatted tonight and I was excited! Although I must admit I had trouble with the pm thing. Also I do not think I got a confirmation email but I will check again. Thanks again everyone and please feel free to chat with me if you see me online :). Penelope

Okay now your Validated :) If you were having problems before with PM in chat it may be because you hadn't been validated and the chat wouldn't let you PM. Remember the rule when you enter chat, you must ask members first if they would like to chat private first, but I suspect that won't be a problem for you :P

Guest Penelope

Thank u repaid, u r right and I am excited to say I figured it out. Still not totally lovin the open chat, there is so much fighting! But I love the pm's!

• 2 weeks later...

How's the surf now Penelope? Any choice waves??

Not much for online chat myself, but I blame all the internet support sites with their "chat" assistants. I'm glad that you are finding friendlier people and enjoying the PMs.

Aloha and remember to measure your waves using the Hawaiian scale, okay?

Honu