LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Black/death/heavy-metal?

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh hells im still going through all the links. so far i like darkthrone the best.

Dark Throne is an excellent band, at least they used to be. Their newer stuff is frankly not that interesting, they have lost the good vibes somehow. If I should recommend albums to buy or download, I would definitely go for "Soulside Journey"(Their first one, they actually played death metal on this one, but of course with satanic lyrics), "Ablaze In The Northern Sky", or their third one( my personal favourite, and, along with Mayhem`s "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas", one of the absolute classics within black metal), "Under A Funeral Moon." Their fourth one, "Transilvanian Hunger" is good stuff as well, and if I remember correctly, I think one of the songs of that album is in the Myspace-link. Cheers!! :beer:

Testament has never been one of my top ten bands, but they have some good songs which I used to listen to when I was younger. Haven`t been following their career in recent times though. Classic Testament, you say? Ala "Practice What You Preach?" :beer:

Tonite from 9pm to midnite central european time a local radio station comes with an AC/DC special. They'll play songs from the new album as well as old hits and not often played perls.

The station has live streaming too at NDR2-Live Streaming

On another note, AC/DC managed to set a new record over here when they sold out all seven dates of their 2009 German leg in not less than 12 minutes. Needless to say that tickets with an original price of 70€ are available now for not less than 300€ on Ebay

Meanwhile AC/DC agreed on playing a couple open airs in Germany to satisfy even more fans

• 5 months later...

Ok, about time this thread got resurrected once again from the dead, he, he.

Anyway, just to get it started again; bought the new Samael a while ago, after being duped into believing that the band had positively regressed back to their old metal haunts. But I should have learned by now; never trust all the blatantly positive reviews, their new one sucked!! I was picturing a return to "Ceremony of Opposites", but hell, what a massive letdown that album was! I can`t remember a single song, every damn song on the album sounded exactly alike. Anyone familiar with Samael?

On the other hand; the new Mastodon was very much to my liking, what a brilliant bunch of musicians those guys are! The new Kreator was very much to my liking as well, allthough not as good as "Enemy of God."

And; on the norwegian side of things; Sarke from Khold and Nocturno Culto from Dark Throne, has joined forces and created a great, hellish and rock and rollish black metal album, definitely recommended! Cheers! :beer:

funny that . I just had Cathedral - Soul Sacrifice cranked up when I turned to this thread.

I am currently getting my cd-collection on to one of my external hdd's and am just halfway through at best. I am at 432 folders and around 3200 files. When this is done i try to find an old mc player with headphone connector so i can get some old tapes copied, including the Prowler - Prowling Death Squad Demo. Really lost sight over this pile of cds :huh:

Really some perls in it. Listened to Stratovarious Hunting High And Low earlier and have Metallica Kill Em All cranked up now. Whiplash now .... yeeeehaaaa ;)

Damn it Abrera you got me hooked on Seikima II . now I have to find a merchants who sells em albums over here. :D: I remember Piledriver as another very good japanese heavy metal band.

Hey guitar_a_goo_goo_ga maybe you should try out Running Wild if ya in some sort of pirate metal phase. Almost every album until including Pile Of Skulls is absolutely great. Even the slightly weaker Blazon Stone.

"Face in the wind, we are riding the storm ...." - rawwwwr - :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

love listening to the music it helps soooooooth me and i like growling and screaming along with the lyrics even the ones that i have no idea what they mean lol. i listen to too many bands to bother listing off the top of my head ill just name off five random ones. Norther, Childtren of bodom, samael, carcass, deathstars, crematory

okay so i named 6

Believer!!

Speak not to me of justice

For none have I ever seen

By God, I shall give as I receive

Betrayer!!

Speak not to me at all

You and this world ripped my fucking heart out!!!!

again!!!!!!

and again!!!

and again.

Just got done spinning Emperor's "Anthems" for the first time in years. What a fuck of an album!

Yep man; those are surely words of wisdom! I agree, an amazing album, would be even more amazing if the sound had been a tad bit better though, among other things, I think the vocals are too low in the mix. For me the perfect Emperor sound is the sound they had on their mini album; as much as I like In The Nightside Eclipse, I can`t help but think how much greater that album would have been if they had continued with that primal sound.

Ok I didn't want to start a whole new thread on death metal and I admit I did not read through EVERY single post of 11 damn pages of responses....BUT....what awesome new death metal bands would you all recommend that have a lot of blast beats, deep growling and of course double bass that is extremely fast. I love old school Cannibal Corpse "the bleeding" and Malevolent Creation "eternal". I tried Nile but they were a little too chaotic for me. I'm looking for more rhythm and not just tons of music crammed together. But I want some new stuff. Thx!! Oh yeah I have a guilty pleasure of listening to Deicide...lol. I love the older stuff.

Oh yeah you can download some cool death metal from this guy:

Death Metal

Ok I didn't want to start a whole new thread on death metal and I admit I did not read through EVERY single post of 11 damn pages of responses....BUT....what awesome new death metal bands would you all recommend that have a lot of blast beats, deep growling and of course double bass that is extremely fast. I love old school Cannibal Corpse "the bleeding" and Malevolent Creation "eternal". I tried Nile but they were a little too chaotic for me. I'm looking for more rhythm and not just tons of music crammed together. But I want some new stuff. Thx!! Oh yeah I have a guilty pleasure of listening to Deicide...lol. I love the older stuff.

Oh yeah you can download some cool death metal from this guy:

Death Metal

I don't get it you say you like blast beats, deep growley vocals and super fast double bass but Nile is to heavy for you? I would suggest that if you like 90's era Death Metal get online and search for bands or albums from that era because many boundaries have been broken in metal since then. Pretty much all of this decades bigger name bands have pushed metal far more faster, heavier and musically technical since the 90's. Its pretty much the standard of metal to always keep evolving and constantly pushing the envelope in one aspect or another.

There is a ton of great "hay day" Death Metal out there to check out. Besides the bands you have already named these are a few other of my favorites from that era that I can think of off the top of my head:

Morbid Angel

Immolation

Suffocation

Incantation

Gorguts

Hypocrisy

And I stress that what ever you find, if you can afford it, please buy it and do not download it for free. Please do your part to support the greatest scene to ever exist. :thumbsup:

Backindiapers; some great death-metal albums for you to sink your teeth into:

Autopsy: "Mental Funeral and "Acts of the Unspeakeable"

Morbid Angel: The first four ones.

Pestilence: "Testimony of the Ancients"

Abscess: Tormented" and "Through the Cracks of Death"

Dark Throne: "Soulside Journey"

Death: "Leprosy" and "Symbolic"

Carcass( grindcore/death): "Symphonies of Sickness" and "Necroticism: Descanting the Insalubrious"

In my humble opinion, this was truly the golden era of death metal, and sadly most bands within this genre nowadays, don`t even come close to the brilliant artistry that these bands displayed. It seems to me that most of the focus now is solely on soulless showmanship, and not on actually creating a song.

That being said; I agree with M 90; have the decency to actually buy the albums, and not do as most of the lazy, thieving and ignorant bastards do. For me, music is the whole package; the cover art, being able to read the lyrics while you listen to it, the sheer delightfulness of putting it back in the rack afterwards, while saying to yourself; "Damn, I`m glad I own that album!"

They think they know who I am

All they know is I love to kill

Face down, dead on the ground

Find me before another is found!

I come alive in the darkness

Left murdered and nameless

Dead unburied and rotten

Half eaten by insects

She was so beautiful

I HAD TO KILL HER!!!!!

Just got done listening to Cannibal Corpse's "The Bleeding" a little while ago. What a fucking classic!

I don't get it you say you like blast beats, deep growley vocals and super fast double bass but Nile is to heavy for you?

No no you misread what I put....I said Nile is too chaotic not to heavy. What I mean by chaotic is they change rhythm every 15 seconds it seems like. It doesn't stay constant enough to bang your head to. I think Nile are very talented but its not music I can remember and scream along to. But I've only heard one cd by them.

But thx for all the other ideas guys. Will check those out for sure. You guys like anything newer like:

All That Remains

Still Remains

As I Lay Dying

White Chapel

iwrestledabearonce (not really death metal but heavy)

Divine Heresy

Heaven Shall Burn

Yeah sorry dude still don't know what you mean I guess we define the word "heavy" differently, ha ha. Try spinning the Nile cd a few more times till you can grasp what's going on because when I first start listening to extreme metal I thought the same as you till I gave the cd's a few more chances. Then once I got the hang of the cd's I fell in love and ended up devoting massive amounts of my life to learning how to play my bass like the talented fucks who play bass in some of these bands.

The last Nile cd I really listened to was "Black Seeds of Vengence" which is quite an epic album. I am just not a huge fan of Nile because I am not really into the whole Egyptian Mythology. I mean I love researching ancient civilization but to get that deep about a not so small fraction of the ancient world in a band just doesn't hold my interest. But its good brutal metal though.

Yeah Whitechapel is pretty cool but don't care much for the other bands you have listed, I am just extremely played out on straight metalcore and I can't stand the actual singing in some of those bands you mentioned. I mean I am all about actual singing but it seems to only work in Black Metal and in one of my all time favorite bands ever Acid Bath. If you like Whitechapel I highly recommend The Red Chord and Through the Eyes of the Dead. I don't really like Iwrestledabearonce but they are definitely an interesting band.

I would say some favorite metal bands of mine over the past decade or so would be:

Pig Destroyer

Necrophagist

Dying Fetus

Hate Eternal

Behemoth

Origin

The Red Chord (especially their first album perfect mix of death and core)

Vile

Vehemence

Cephalic Carnage

and my newest favorite - Obscura

• 2 months later...