LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Retired (Unofficially)

On Friday, I retired, unofficially.

Some of you may know, that I have been in the Air Force for 22 years. Well, effective August first, I am retired.

I say unofficially for now, because I am on my transitional leave. I had enough vacation time to stop working on Friday and continue getting paid through the end of July.

I'm taking the summer off for the first time since I graduated High School in 1988.

G R E A T !!

Take some time off and enjoy life, but don't fall into the trap of being "other structured." You've spent enough time having someone else tell you what to wear, what to eat, when to sleep, what to think.

Be yourself, whatever whomever you want to be now. Sure you have a pension, but it's not enough if you have wife and kids to put through college. But take the time off. Don't hunt for work yet.

If anything, go for double-dipping: get yourself a nice civil service or local gov't job. Most will let you buy into their retirement system eventually so you get employment credit for your military time, when in a few more years you decide to stop working on a more permanent basis and take life easy.

Try volunteering. You will find you can be more "busy" than you ever dreamed.

A buddy of mine volunteered to be an unpaid bartender at his local golf course. Played all he wanted for free and got to keep the tips.

Do you have a dream job?

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

babylin, you are assuming he was not an officer and/or did not go to the academy.

Absolutely, I think the Air Force is probably the best branch followed by the Navy. It was too bad they were not looking for officers, since they pretty much only take from their academy, otherwise, I would have signed up a year ago.

Retired officers double-dip "all the time"...

I was referring to his second sentence about being ordered around much. I am not going to assume what he has done or where he has been. For all you know, he can be a brigadier general or higher. Well, probably not because then he would not be retiring after 22 years. In any case, he has done the country a great service.

Thanks for the kind words - I was enlisted, by the way, retired as a Master Sergeant.

I don't mention my AFSC, because it's a small one, and I'm fairly well known. I really don't need anyone making the connection and "outing" me here. Although if someone on here did know me and say anything, they would be outing themselves too...

Not that it really matters, my wife knows, and there's nothing wrong with wearing diapers for recreation. My family doesn't know, and there isn't any reason for them to know.

I have a decent job waiting for me, it starts later this summer.

Thanks for the kind words - I was enlisted, by the way, retired as a Master Sergeant.

I don't mention my AFSC, because it's a small one, and I'm fairly well known. I really don't need anyone making the connection and "outing" me here. Although if someone on here did know me and say anything, they would be outing themselves too...

Not that it really matters, my wife knows, and there's nothing wrong with wearing diapers for recreation. My family doesn't know, and there isn't any reason for them to know.

I have a decent job waiting for me, it starts later this summer.

Sounds a lot like my Dad, 'cept he was denied reenlistment for being a drunk- as he should have been :bash: Do take advantage of any 'perks' that await you, and choose the 'one-time' stuff carefully. Veterans have a 'leg-up' on civil-service type jobs and if you has a security clearance it can help you get in many other fields. Also consider doing some volunteer work for other Vets who are all too often in need of assistance these days :( We, as a nation, should treat them better than we do.

Thanks for your service and let yourself relax as much as you want to now that you can!

Bettypooh

I was referring to his second sentence about being ordered around much. I am not going to assume what he has done or where he has been. For all you know, he can be a brigadier general or higher. Well, probably not because then he would not be retiring after 22 years.

Even the highest generals in the service have a boss! Even the Commander In Chief probably gets ordered around by his wife!

• Like 1