LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Little Embarassing

Near the end of the work day, i went into the garage and the mechanic looked at me and said "looks like your boot is falling apart" i looked down and sap/pulp was falling down my leg and landing on my boot. Thankfully it was time to eat so while at the store, i went to the restroom and found the back of my diaper had torn wide open. I took it off and that was the end of it. Thank goodness it was a dry diaper. I felt totally naked w/out a diaper on but it was only for an hour or so. I guess i must have taped it on too tight :(

I once had my zipper poke a hole in a disposable, not something I'd like to do again. :) Since then I always wear boxer briefs over my disposables to help keep them snug. Sure a split would cause a leak in a weird place, but fluff wouldn't fall out easily.

• Like 1

One time the back of my diaper spit open and it was like someone took a knife and cut a slit through it. No wonder the diaper felt so loose and felt like I had air passing through there. I must say that package was defective but about every diaper had something wrong with it. The same thing happened to my ex too when i gave him one of my diapers for him to wear. But it wasn't embarrassing because it happened under my clothes.

A few times I had embarrassing incidents when wearing cuddlz/bambino diapers; I'd sit my butt down and there'd be an almighty BANG...the sound of my diaper bursting. Luckily, nobody ever thought to ask 'Was that your diaper exploding?' :P

• Like 1

I think that this split phenomenon is caused by the wetness indicator strip being printed in too hot. This would make a weak line down the middle of the nappy and a little more than the usual strain would then make it split.

Or has anyone had that happen with a 'plain' nappy without the indicator?

Or has anyone had that happen with a 'plain' nappy without the indicator?

I've had terrible trouble with the plain white Bambinos splitting down the back. No wetness indicator. I think the middle just gets really stressed from being pulled by the tapes, and being stretched as you move.

I love my diaper snug but there has to be room for your body to expand. When I lean forward to get out of a chair I can feel the lower tapes especially getting tighter. Have to have a little wiggle room.

I've had terrible trouble with the plain white Bambinos splitting down the back. No wetness indicator. I think the middle just gets really stressed from being pulled by the tapes, and being stretched as you move.

I've never had that happen with any diaper. Me thinks you guys wewr them too tight...

Nothing more than leaks here so far, but even before I went 24/7 I had read of unexpected problems with wearing and using diapers :rolleyes: and I figured it just goes with the territory :whistling: I hope it never happens to me but I'm not placing odds on my being the lucky one :thumbsup: Especially with MY luck :o

Bettypooh

Darn, there goes that theory...

Another thought just surfaced: the seam of your trousers, the one down the middle of the backside, might rub quite a bit.

I'm just wondering why nappies split (if and when they do) always exactly just there.

A few times I had embarrassing incidents when wearing cuddlz/bambino diapers; I'd sit my butt down and there'd be an almighty BANG...the sound of my diaper bursting. Luckily, nobody ever thought to ask 'Was that your diaper exploding?' :P

I have had a few diapered escapades, most of these were late at night. I did have one incident where I messed and, I actually stained part of the car seat brown. Won't be doing that again anytime soon!

I have found that both plastic, or cloth covered disposables, can tend to split usually along the lines of where the rollers would have been as the diaper is moving throught the automatic manufacturing machine.

my experience has been, that sometimes the diaper gets rolled too firmly between the roller assembly resulting in long narrow weak spots down the center of the breifs usually from one waistband to the other.

I had this confirmed more than once by customer service representatives in the past.

well, have to say i hate that when i wear my super plus molicares to work and i squat or bend down to get something, i have a diaper fart.... in other words air gets in the diaper... i squat or bend down, and the air...is forced out, the resulting sound is like a fart....but it's not me, it's the diaper... do i tell people "oh that wasn't me, it was my diaper" uhm... no. i just blame the taco bell or white castles i didn't eat.

Darn, there goes that theory...

Another thought just surfaced: the seam of your trousers, the one down the middle of the backside, might rub quite a bit.

I'm just wondering why nappies split (if and when they do) always exactly just there.

I agree with your theory. After a while, the padding on the backside will be in 2 pieces from rubbing against the center seam of my pants.

• 2 months later...

I've never had a diaper split on me in 16 years. Maybe you guys really are taping them too tight. I have, of course, had some times where my diaper will get snagged on something (usually my car seat as I grab one from behind my driver's seat to take with me for a change) or caught in my zipper. A little scotch tape makes a great emergency repair, but I can't imagine that wold work for a complete blow out.

• 3 weeks later...

I had a problem with them splitting while I sleep happened with large bambinos and med m4 s. I knew it wasn't cause they were too tight because the LG bambinos are big on me ... Started wearing boxers over the top and haven't had it happen again .. I figure its from the plastic rubbing on my silk sheets ??? Idk lol but definitely sux cleaning all that fluff out of your blankets

We've never had anything like this happen. Tape failure occasionally but never had a total nappy fail liek that. I agree that I think some people are wearing their nappies too tight or perhaps with trousers over the top that are too tight.