LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Before someone feels the need to "flame" me for posting this,

• This is the "rest of your life" section.

• I don't keep a blog, so I vent here and on my personal F/B page.

If someone chooses to "flame", tell me to quit complaining, Or try to educate me on the real injustice in the world.

• Play fair... Read the whole thing. It's not all just me bitching about my sad little life.

Thanks
:)

Word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

DO NOT buy an Acer or Gateway computer.

The warranty & "Customer Support" is a P.O. Box.

And a nearly impossible to find phone number that is a recorded prompt that NEVER allows the opportunity to talk to a live person.

How do they stay in business???

8 hours ago · Like

3/23/2012 RMA #123456789 (Refund) RMA# Issued

"cust states no physical damage to the pkg or the item, the item was just defective, cust called mfg several times, and each time was referred to someone else stateding that gateway sold thier licenseing and cust was not able to get any difinite help from any one through the mfg."

It's sad that this is almost business as usual anymore.

It took me 10 +/- days to get this resolved.

Guess they assume most people will get tired, go away, etc.

Goes to show, a warranty is only as good as the company.

On a positive...

Kudos's to www.newegg.com for stepping up and basically "eating" what Gateway/Acer would not take responsibility for.

I would highly recommend them and their customer support team.

21 minutes ago · Like

Telling 1/2 the story doesn't really tell anyone what the hell is going on.

What did I leave out?

Sorry to hear this. It seems that in today's world customer service means nothing to most companies :( If you can get past the layers of automated responses you end up with a human reading a script sheet most of the time who is of no more help than the automated responses were :bash: Kudos to New Egg for stepping up to bat :groupwave: and resolving this for you.

Bettypooh

Before someone feels the need to "flame" me for posting this,

• This is the "rest of your life" section.

• I don't keep a blog, so I vent here and on my personal F/B page.

If someone chooses to "flame", tell me to quit complaining, Or try to educate me on the real injustice in the world.

• Play fair... Read the whole thing. It's not all just me bitching about my sad little life.

Thanks
:)

Word of mouth is the best form of advertising.

DO NOT buy an Acer or Gateway computer.

The warranty & "Customer Support" is a P.O. Box.

And a nearly impossible to find phone number that is a recorded prompt that NEVER allows the opportunity to talk to a live person.

How do they stay in business???

8 hours ago · Like

3/23/2012 RMA #123456789 (Refund) RMA# Issued

"cust states no physical damage to the pkg or the item, the item was just defective, cust called mfg several times, and each time was referred to someone else stateding that gateway sold thier licenseing and cust was not able to get any difinite help from any one through the mfg."

It's sad that this is almost business as usual anymore.

It took me 10 +/- days to get this resolved.

Guess they assume most people will get tired, go away, etc.

Goes to show, a warranty is only as good as the company.

On a positive...

Kudos's to www.newegg.com for stepping up and basically "eating" what Gateway/Acer would not take responsibility for.

I would highly recommend them and their customer support team.

21 minutes ago · Like

This is typical for today. The politicians say that we have a service oriented economy but the service sucks! When I was young, there was no such thing as an automated attendant. A real person, that actually spoke English, answered the telephone. There use to be elevator operators, in department stores that knew what floor a product was on and could tell you what was on sale. Cash registers did not have scanners and the person on the register was not an idiot! I wish we could return to those days!

• Like 1

This is mostly because of the management style and structure of technical support, which is this case are called tiers. When you first call technical support, you are not actually calling technical support. Who you are calling is some idiot who really knows nothing, because they are cheap to hire. This is called the tier 1 technical support, and is really the reason why customer service is so bad at pretty much all of these companies, especially Dell and all cell phone companies. The issue is tier 1 techs do not know that much as I generally know more than they do, about, well, everything. If you are lucky, they may have tier 2 or tier 3 technical support service where people actually know things and would be more suited to solving problems I would call the company up for; however, many companies only have a tier 1 technical support including all internet service providers and cell phone companies. In fact, I don't bother calling any technical support unless it is under warranty and I already know what needs replacing/fixing. Still, this system is done because the companies think it saves them money. Well, I think in the long run, it will bankrupt them.

• Like 1

Gateway "back in the day" was pretty good. They were based in SE South Dakota and were damn good machines. They kind of crapped out in the mid-2000's. I used to be a totally Gateway shop. I still have one or two for running "old" stuff. You can get 'em pretty cheap at places like Woot.com or MicroCenter.

• Like 1