LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Andrew Breitbart Dead, Rip, And Good Riddance

I was reading statements made by people expressing their condolences for Breitbart, his wife, and his 4 kids. Many of the statements indicate that there was some severe disagreement over his positions, but he was good at what he did -- and that's what matters. I agree. I look at his politics. I disagreed with it, but just because I disagree with it doesn't mean I never thought of him as less than a human being. The "good riddance" line is just an emotional knee-jerk reaction to his opinions, but the overarching consideration should be life. Life is precious and life is worth living. His life meant something to many who would never dream of dismissing his death as "good riddance." We should respect those who are now grieving over a life that was taken away from them far too soon.

Sorry, but I think the OP was wholly inappropriate here.

I was reading statements made by people expressing their condolences for Breitbart, his wife, and his 4 kids. Many of the statements indicate that there was some severe disagreement over his positions, but he was good at what he did -- and that's what matters. I agree. I look at his politics. I disagreed with it, but just because I disagree with it doesn't mean I never thought of him as less than a human being. The "good riddance" line is just an emotional knee-jerk reaction to his opinions, but the overarching consideration should be life. Life is precious and life is worth living. His life meant something to many who would never dream of dismissing his death as "good riddance." We should respect those who are now grieving over a life that was taken away from them far too soon.

Sorry, but I think the OP was wholly inappropriate here.

Respect for the dead? They're dead, they don't care. But besides that, he had no respect for the dead, thus the title. If he had respected the dead then he would have at least earned it, but he didn't. So as a message to others, it's a valid point to not respect him. It's a message to people who would be like him, those who would not respect someone else. ;)

You have the right to disagree with the message, but that does not make it less valid.

Respect for the dead? They're dead, they don't care. But besides that, he had no respect for the dead, thus the title. If he had respected the dead then he would have at least earned it, but he didn't. So as a message to others, it's a valid point to not respect him. It's a message to people who would be like him, those who would not respect someone else. ;)

"Why should I respect him for being dead now when he had no respect for the dead?"

An eye for an eye. If you really believe that, then tell me: are you really that different than Breitbart?

You have the right to disagree with the message, but that does not make it less valid.

Never said your message was valid or invalid. I opined that the message is inappropriate. There's something very ghoulish about this thread.

"Why should I respect him for being dead now when he had no respect for the dead?"

An eye for an eye. If you really believe that, then tell me: are you really that different than Breitbart?

Never said your message was valid or invalid. I opined that the message is inappropriate. There's something very ghoulish about this thread.

First, did I ever claim to be better, but I am different than he is. No one is above some petty anger, everyone feels it. As for inappropriate?

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2009/08/26/57997/breitbart-kennedy-twitter/?mobile=nc

Perhaps .... what is appropriate is for people to discuss the double standards in our culture more, not less.

If you really believe that, then tell me: are you really that different than Breitbart?

I think kitten is, yes.

Because kitten's post is very emotional, whereas Mr. Breitbart seems* to have wrecked some people's lives in cold blood and without regard for their feelings.

The writing equivalent of a hitman.

I personally would also say: 'phew, gone,good', but I wouldn't put up a video like the amazing atheist.

It would be a waste of time: no help to former 'victims', not scary to frighten off future 'Breitbarts', Breitbart himself obviously completely unaffected.

If that video would have been recorded a week earlier and sent to him, it would have been more useful.

I must confess that I didn't watch the whole clip; after the 'chair, it's a chaaaaaiiiirrrr' thing I thought it was a bit -coughcough- plain.

Nevertheless, the man did bad by my standards, too. He won't anymore. OK, that.

*I'm in Europe, haven't heard much of this guy, but we have got our own 'opinion-fabricators' here.

First, did I ever claim to be better, but I am different than he is.

You never claimed it, but you act like it.

I'm aware of his statements condemning Ted Kennedy after he passed, but that doesn't justify a posthumous "good riddance."

Did I like the guy? Not really. I'm just thinking of his family and kids.

The Kennedy thing is just one of his rather vile acts, but yeah, it's why people are mocking his death before it's fashionable. It's a statement, a non-violent protest of people like him. TAA and others who voiced out about how callous this was also received death threats from his fans, which is why it's in a lot of venues this is happening.

Guest diaperboykcmo

@Kitty, you really like to hear yourself talk. I notice you go around just saying stuff to stir the pot.

Guess you want attention!

I am not okay with celebrating the death of another person, no matter how much I disliked them.

Many people celebrated the death of Adolf Hitler, Jeffery Dahmer, etc. .... where you personally draw the line is your own decision, others draw different lines. Does that make one line worse than the other? Not really, they're dead, insulting them has no effect on them at all. It is however time we start honoring greatness even after death, instead of tabloid con artists who should be mocked in the way they mocked other people. It's called justice, let the punishment fit the crime. ;)

To clarify, Kitten: I was providing my own opinion. You can celebrate whatever you like. Similarly to me not wishing death on people is me supporting people to do whatever does not harm other people, so have fun with whatever it is that you do. :P

• Like 1

I am not okay with celebrating the death of another person, no matter how much I disliked them.

Yea....no. I am quite pleased to see the death of people who are absolute bastards and firmly believe that 'some' folks out there truly deserve a date with the reaper.

However I admit that I have no idea who this individual was....

Yea....no.

See previous posts. Speaking only of my own opinions. I have no right to dictate yours.

Interestingly, it is perfectly possible to believe that there are points where a person deserves death without making it a gleeful event.

Andy Breiitbart was truely a visionary. Breitbart exposed ACORN's corruption and the government handing out grants to black farmers that didn't own farms. It was Breitbart that showed the SEIU union beating and kicking a black Tea Party member in the head. It was Breitbart that offered 100 grand for a video tape of Tea Party members speaking racial slurs to black Congressman. he exposed the truth about the occutards.

I loved Breitbart's in your face, with the TV camera, politics. I loved his speech a the CPAC.

Rest in peace Andy.

Many people celebrated the death of Adolf Hitler, Jeffery Dahmer, etc. .... where you personally draw the line is your own decision, others draw different lines. Does that make one line worse than the other? Not really, they're dead, insulting them has no effect on them at all. It is however time we start honoring greatness even after death, instead of tabloid con artists who should be mocked in the way they mocked other people. It's called justice, let the punishment fit the crime. ;)

That is not justice, that is revenge.

Those who celebrate anyone's demise are bloodthirsty. This reflects poorly on our community for having such a thread name.

I recommend this thread be buried IMMEDIATELY!

• Like 1

That is not justice, that is revenge.

Those who celebrate anyone's demise are bloodthirsty. This reflects poorly on our community for having such a thread name.

I recommend this thread be buried IMMEDIATELY!

I say leave it up. I support anyone's right to free speech even if I disagree with it! This shows who is tolerant and who isn't

The Kennedy thing is just one of his rather vile acts, but yeah, it's why people are mocking his death before it's fashionable. It's a statement, a non-violent protest of people like him. TAA and others who voiced out about how callous this was also received death threats from his fans, which is why it's in a lot of venues this is happening.

There is a difference with regard to Kennedy. Just ask Mary Jo. Breitbart never killed anyone. As for the person that Breitbart allegedly ruined, she is making more money speaking that she ever made with the government! Who got the death threats?

Honestly, I don't see how it won't become three people immune to facts vs. the rest of reality thread number three after a few more posts. There's really no point to this thread.

There is a difference with regard to Kennedy. Just ask Mary Jo. Breitbart never killed anyone. As for the person that Breitbart allegedly ruined, she is making more money speaking that she ever made with the government! Who got the death threats?

You forgot an 's' after person. ;) Anyone who has stated they don't care about the guy and admonished his words have gotten death threats. In other words: too many to name. Celebrity status is not a career choice, a career is solid employment with a long term goal, celebrity status is just a fleeting and fickle status that makes money based on the whims of what's popular at that particular moment. Just because someone makes a bit of money with fame, does not justify ruining a career that is solid. This is why I started this thread. The US has lost all perspective, and too many US citizens are infected with this short sighted way of thinking it's sad really.