LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Bad Back Ouch

wearer24/7

Hi all, I have just had the doctor come to my house about my back. My back went quite dramatically the other day and I am now lying in bed , not able to move. Best part about it is I am having to wear my All Through the night disposable diapers during the day as my partner is out most of the day and I can't change myself. The doctor was great, he didn't judge me he said that Even though he doesn't like me using diapers, I could have a catheter and bag, he thought it is probably better for my recovery time as I won't have to get out of bed to go to the toilet and further endanger my back.

Lesson to be learned here is Don't twist whilst lifting heavy objects.

I'm sorry to hear about your back.

i can relate I have 5 discs in my spine that are degenerating and the pain is really bad because of pinched nerves and is also

a big part of my incon problems.

i hope your back gets better soon.

:(

I know what you mean about having a bad back. I have degenerative disc disease and two herniated discs in my lower lumbar. Did physical therapy a few years ago but my back still isn't that strong. Hope you have a quick recovery!

Paxy :huh:

Oh man...I feel your pain. I threw my back out years ago installing a hydraulic pump and every once and a while it goes out again. Too much pain!!!

Fortunately...knock on wood...it hasn't happened for some time...

I don't really remember a precipitating event (bad golf swing) , but my back has been hurting for the past two and a half years. Today it hurts because it is healing from surgery.

Got out of the hospital last week w/o being able to pee or poop, just passing gas, Foley in. Yesterday the catheter came out and all is working again. I will live in a "turtle back" back brace for the next 3 months. I am recovering...getting better after each walk. Maybe later in the summer I can get back into diapers.

As you lie there totally helpless, imagine yourself as an infant again. I sympathize with what you are going through. Once you can move again there are many exercises you can do to strengthen your core muscles. Keep in mind you never want to experience this again. Best of luck!

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

Another with degenerating disks and bones here :( Over half a life ago I lifted and twisted and dropped like I was shot. Being young and stupid I just gave it some rest and went back to life. Had I gotten treatment I would not be facing disability now- one wrong injury and I'm done, perhaps even paralyzed. The only certainty is that the pain will increase till it becomes more than I can deal with and work; then I'll have to file for disability. I'm not bemoaning my life, just telling the young'uns here to take care of your back or you'll wish you had ;)

Bettypooh

I don't believe the OP at all....

No way there is a Dr that still does house calls!!! :P

but i feel your pain... discovered my DDD when i was in college, was out playing with friends in the pool, went home, and about two hours later bent over to pick up my shoe and BAM! spent the next six hours on the floor before i could finally crawl to the phone!

DDD is actually extremely common.. most likely 90% or more of the people on this board have some form of it, even if it is very mild... but it hurts so bad when the muscles act up and pinch those nerves!

• 2 weeks later...

Staying in bed is the worst thing you could do and I'm really surprised you were told to do that by a doctor. Having done the same two weeks ago I was told to keep as mobile as possible. Advice on the Internet in general states the same.

Get moving!

I herniated my L5 disk a long while ago. I had to go to my doctor but he told me to stay active & even recommended I stay OUT of bed and sleep on the floor while I healed too. He also sent me to a physical therapist to strengthen my back muscles. I slipped it out again a little while ago but went to a chiropractor (not covered by my insurance) for a much faster recovery. My chiropractor recommend against diapers too, but didn't even know why I wear them.

My lesson learned... Pay someone else to tile the floor in my next project (which I did).

I don't believe the OP at all....

No way there is a Dr that still does house calls!!! :P

but i feel your pain... discovered my DDD when i was in college, was out playing with friends in the pool, went home, and about two hours later bent over to pick up my shoe and BAM! spent the next six hours on the floor before i could finally crawl to the phone!

DDD is actually extremely common.. most likely 90% or more of the people on this board have some form of it, even if it is very mild... but it hurts so bad when the muscles act up and pinch those nerves!

You may not believe the OP, but it is true here in the UK you can still get an emergency doctor to come to your house when out of hours.

well since my first day in bed my back has been steadily getting better it's now about 2 weeks since my back went.

Just to fill you in on whats happened I have had inflammation of the spinal cord which has meant that I haven't been able to be moved or stand. I have had to have a nurse come into my home twice daily to feed me and help change me. It's been quite an experience so far. I've done so much reading and have caught up with my course work, I'm doing a degree at the moment, tutors are very understanding and have set up audio links so that I can hear what is happening in class over the net.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody, my back is much better now inflimation has gone down but it has left me with weak leg muscles. I've been told it isn't actually my muscles but in fact the nerves in my back not sending out full strength signals.

I am now mobile again and have subsequently found out that if I was moved to a hospital I could have been put at risk of permanent paralasis. So it was the best place for me, in bed.

I don't usually mess in a diaper but whilst in bed I had to go on several occasions, it made me think about people who are totally incontinent and how they must cope in the world.

I only had this experience for a few weeks and I was glad to be able to get back to the toilet.

I still have to wear 24/7 but I could be a lot worse. I won't change back to not wearing diapers if I could as I am comfortable how I am now, and if ever I have to go in an emergency I will always have my diaper to back me up.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a really bad back, with multiple herniated discs, and it's only been getting worse. Recently, I've noticed that, if I'm in a squatting position, I can't control my bowels. I need to get into a doctor, but thanks to our great healthcare system in the US, it won't be until next month.

I had a boss that always said "you only have one back." I still appreciate the reminders, though I was always careful to lift with my knees.

I'm of the opinion that if you keep the supporting core muscles strong, you're less likely to do damage in the long run, so it's important to WORK them, just not ABUSE them.

Oddly...roller skating is pretty great for the back, so long as you don't fall. *shrug*