LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Note To Self

Note To Self: Self, Depends suck, they can't hold one of your heavy wettings. Find a medical supply store in OC that sells decent diapers.

Seriously, thank god I sat on a towel. DOes anyone have any reccomendations of store-brand diapers that are better? Or know of a medical supply store in south OC?

Did you flood it all at once, or release slowly? Depend is a thin diaper with a fair amount of SAP and not much of a wicking layer, so they need time to absorb wetness. I think you'd be surprised at how much they'll soak up if given time.

No, I don't work for Kimberly-Clark nor is Depend high on my list of favorite diapers, but I think some of the bad rap toward the product is undeserved. Remember, diapers aren't toilets.

Greets to you in the OC area as well :D I'm in the LA area and a CA native (if it matters) and for the Depends Issue. I used to wear them a lot since they were all I knew of at the time (pre internet) I really liked them, they fit well and held what I did (#1 and #2 :blush: ) But I also knoew I had to be careful so they wouldn't leak.

A possible solution could be check xp medical or bambino for a better product, or if you only can afford Depends, then use a booster from Abena or bambino inside. They are almost a diaper unto themselves :thumbsup: and will double or more the capacity of the diaper you are using....good stuff :D

Anyways, hope this helps and you get things to work how you like.

qwack

What you may wish to try is to double the Depends (since that's what you have) put the first on on, taping it to be smaller (legs higher, waist lower). I use a small screwdriver to poke a dozen or so holes on the plastic of the inner diaper, front to back. Then tape on the second diaper. This will not give much more protection in the event of a flood, but will really help overall capacity. The inner diaper will become absolutely soaked, and then leak into the outer.

Enjoy, but sooner or later you will love some Molicare's or Abeana's.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Did you flood it all at once, or release slowly? Depend is a thin diaper with a fair amount of SAP and not much of a wicking layer, so they need time to absorb wetness. I think you'd be surprised at how much they'll soak up if given time.

No, I don't work for Kimberly-Clark nor is Depend high on my list of favorite diapers, but I think some of the bad rap toward the product is undeserved. Remember, diapers aren't toilets.

However other brands do perform much better than Depends when it comes to floods. I have no problems flooding a Bambino or Dry 24/7 and they'll usually last between 3-4 good wettings before I even consider changing.....

if you do go to a medical supply store, sometimes they can order other products to the store for you.... sorta like site to store shipping like wal mart and stuff has.. if the store sells say some abena products they may be able to order abri form x plus to the store then you pick it up when they arrive.

• Like 1

If you can get to Huntington Beach, check out DMES Medical. They are not a store but will sell in the office. I have bought X-Plus there. They also carry Tena products. If you use cash try to bring exact change since this is not a store and no cash register. It can get a little uncomfortable standing in the lobby waiting for them to find change while also waiting for your diapers.

BC

Check out Goodwill, they have diapers real cheap occasionally. I usually find a couple packs of the 1st Quality brand, which while they don't hold a candle to any fancy ABDL diapers, they hold enough for 2-3 wettings for me. And at around $4 a pack, I don't feel bad about doubling them up for more absorbancy.

Check out Goodwill, they have diapers real cheap occasionally. I usually find a couple packs of the 1st Quality brand, which while they don't hold a candle to any fancy ABDL diapers, they hold enough for 2-3 wettings for me. And at around $4 a pack, I don't feel bad about doubling them up for more absorbancy.

Ditto on thrift stores, it seems I can't suggest this enough, I've picked up purple Molicares for $2.00 a pack before. Good luck

Thank you for the tips. I'm not in a position where I can order off the internet, so I'll have to try doubling up or figure out a booster.

Everytime I've bought Depends they're usually on great sales, on top of the fact that they're already very cheap compared to other brands. Use this to your advantage so you can double-diaper.

I wouldn't mock Depends so easily. They're quickly becoming one of th last plastic-backed diapers with 3 tapes that are easily purchased.

If you want I have a half case or so of the Teddy bear bambino diapers you can have. I don't particularly care much for them. They are size large. Out of the package but sitting in a drawer.

If the OP doesn't want the large Teddy's, I would be more than happy to take them off your hands. Been wanting to try them out and large is perfect. I am in the south LA county area.

BC

It has been said many times that Depends can't compare in performance to premium diapers- not just here but on almost every ABDL site- so I have to wonder why musicaddict expected anything different? Almost as well known is that most adult diapers are designed for the average incontinent who doesn't flood, but leaks smaller amounts more or less continuously. Flooding a non-premium diaper is like loading a five ton boulder in the back of a pick-up truck. Sure, it will fit- but something is most certainly going to fail and it's not the truck's fault!

As someone who uses Depends products regularly I can attest they are, indeed, dependable- within their limits. I don't expect them to hold a flood or more than a couple bladders-full from my small bladder. When I need more than that I don't wear Depends. And kudos to all those here who helped with advice; moreso to those who offered free diapers :) I wish I lived somewhere that had so many options for local pick-up of decent diapers. Most of us are in the same situation, so buying online is the only way we can get better diapers. It's just the way life is in the 21st century so get used to it cause it ain't gonna change!

Bettypooh

It has been said many times that Depends can't compare in performance to premium diapers- not just here but on almost every ABDL site- so I have to wonder why musicaddict expected anything different? Almost as well known is that most adult diapers are designed for the average incontinent who doesn't flood, but leaks smaller amounts more or less continuously. Flooding a non-premium diaper is like loading a five ton boulder in the back of a pick-up truck. Sure, it will fit- but something is most certainly going to fail and it's not the truck's fault!

As someone who uses Depends products regularly I can attest they are, indeed, dependable- within their limits. I don't expect them to hold a flood or more than a couple bladders-full from my small bladder. When I need more than that I don't wear Depends. And kudos to all those here who helped with advice; moreso to those who offered free diapers :) I wish I lived somewhere that had so many options for local pick-up of decent diapers. Most of us are in the same situation, so buying online is the only way we can get better diapers. It's just the way life is in the 21st century so get used to it cause it ain't gonna change!

Bettypooh

Exactly. But I think this is why I am one who does not have problems with Depends - because I know it can't take a flooding, or a continuous wetting outside of a certain limit and don't try to push it. Pushing it causes the leaks.

Thank you for the tips. I'm not in a position where I can order off the internet, so I'll have to try doubling up or figure out a booster.

Try Tranquility ATN. They aren't too bad. Might not be able to flood, but they hold a ton more than Depends.