LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

OK- I needed to start this. I consider myself a "reformed Republican". I voted for Reagan and bought in to the whole party line of minimalist government that Nixon, Reagan and others presented. Then the GOP changed, and wanted less regulation in the business world, and more regulation in my bedroom. They sold their soul to the Far Religious Right, and it turned me off. Now it appears the Republican Party had also sold out our entire country to Big Banks, and wow did we get f^&*ed!

Fast forward to modern day, and I am seeing and hearing more from Ron Paul that makes sense than from all the other GOP candidates combined. He has answers for all the tough questions that appear well thought out, and while I do not agree with him on every issue, I do agree with him on all the Really Big Issues.

Anyone else feel this way? Who is your Hero come 2012?

Superman

Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap buildings in a single bound.

Seems like a pretty good hero. Nobody would f*** with us if he were president.

I also like the Green Lantern. Spiderman is cool too.

-piper

OK- I needed to start this. I consider myself a "reformed Republican". I voted for Reagan and bought in to the whole party line of minimalist government that Nixon, Reagan and others presented. Then the GOP changed, and wanted less regulation in the business world, and more regulation in my bedroom. They sold their soul to the Far Religious Right, and it turned me off. Now it appears the Republican Party had also sold out our entire country to Big Banks, and wow did we get f^&*ed!

I am glad some body on the right said this, because us liberals have been saying this for years. While in some areas less regulation is good, deregulation of the banks was a really bad idea. I have noticed the Republican party is more demagogy now especially in this election cycle. Their position is changing and not for the better. This is dangerous, because it will destroy the Republican Party in the end. Though I am sure the Democrats would declare victory, it is bad for us since it eliminates a choice.

I guess my question is not so much what the candidates are saying, but will congress and the senate pass their bills... remember the candidates can promise what they will work on, but if congress and the senate doesn't pass the bills, then nothing gets done... you cannot assume 1 person can change the country, when it takes a whole shlew of people... and also you cannot blame just one person.. because again all those bills had to be passed by a collection of others..... Its far to early on for me to be listening to closely to anyone...

Fast forward to modern day, and I am seeing and hearing more from Ron Paul that makes sense than from all the other GOP candidates combined. He has answers for all the tough questions that appear well thought out, and while I do not agree with him on every issue, I do agree with him on all the Really Big Issues.

Anyone else feel this way? Who is your Hero come 2012?

I generally share your opinions.

Ron Paul, for sure, but I don't know if he's going to be able to make it all the way.

... you cannot assume 1 person can change the country, when it takes a whole shlew of people... and also you cannot blame just one person..

The left doesn't live by this - all I hear on liberal talk radio is "Bush this" and "Bush that" and Ed Shultz saying Bush handed America a "crap sandwich". And Obama's election was supposed to bring on change just based on his becoming President.

The major problem is that both major parties have lost touch with the people and we have polar opposites fighting solely for their ideas to be it.

Pay no attention to the Rush Limbaugh left wing equivalents. A majority of the left knows Obama is far from perfect. One thing I will disagree with is one person can make a huge difference. What you need is a large enough popularity so no one stands in your way lest they be cast out by the people. I believe FDR is a good example of this. I think Barrack Obama showed signs of a similar popularity, but he threw it away when he pursued the health care reform. Now even Democrats go against him, but I still have hope for him. He is still more popular than Congress, but I guess that does not say much, lol.