LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pc Mover Screw-Up

Got a new Sony VAIO for my beloved and let LapLink's PCMOVER do its magic overnight. Looks like I moved a bit TOO much over. The Sony's drivers and internal settings got fried. Oh well. Thank heavens for recovery sectors! Currently restoring the VAIO to "factory fresh" condition.

Now I've got to go all over re-installing the Windows updates. *sigh*

I recently bought a new laptop. I manually moved all the files I wanted to save from the old laptop to an external HDD. I can move them over to my new laptop whenever I wish. It takes time to do manually... but nothing worth doing is ever quick or easy.

I have a device I bought on qvc called a click free, every once and a while I plug it into my computer and let it update the new things I have saved.

When I get a new computer I just use the image of my old machine for the new one, it's just more or less a external hard drive but it does work well and saved my butt a few times.

What I do with the windows update is pick all the small updates and run them as a group, restart then add the larger updates in groups so it doesn't overwhelm the machine, it works pretty well but takes about the same amount of time.

I was looking at a Vaio it might be my escape from HP land the next time I want a new machine.

• Like 1

I got the Vaio on Yugster (or was is Sale-A-Day.??). Anyway, $1400 list for around $480. Nice box...all our portables are now VAIO. I use one in the house as a media streamer. It's got full 1080p HDMI.

If all else fails, I'll just manually transfer junk over. I've been doing that since, well, since I've been upgrading computers in the 80's!

This can be a pain - but that was a Windoze laptop...I have had to re-install the OS on Linux laptops, worst, I have also done that on dual and multi boot laptops., but I do run backups on things all the time, how often depends on what it is. I just have a script running in the background that will automatically archive what you want, and when and how (for it to work the current user must have the proper permission to access the file) to archive the file. When a connection to my main home network system (it is a actual tower system I built myself, keep updating parts) also running Linux, the laptop files get sent to a "folder" on the desktop system, with it also running the backup script on itself - and then all the backup archives copied to a re-writable CD, some stuff, like downloaded applications, video files, .mp3 and other audio files, pictures, ecx. I may put on a one use CD or DVD.,

Sorry about your misfortune.

Hope you're back up and better.

I should put a Sony on my short list.

Unless you still have probs.

Like to know about it more.

Word of mouth... best form of advertising.

So don't by Acer.

Ok product, but bad C.S.

Everything is the customers fault under warranty.

I'm days away from buying a desktop PC

I_5 second gen. to use as media PC (no gaming)

I can get a Gateway for 450

or a Dell for just under 6 Ben's

(I like saying it like that,,,)

Does the OP or others have an educated opinion about these?

@Kari - no problem with the Sony...it's fantastic. Hassles are coming from moving from a Dell to the Sony. First time around I forgot to say "don't move" to a bunch of Dell-specific apps.

Looks like the move finally came through OK yesterday. I'm doing some final "make sure everything is there" checks now.