LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Nice Light Conversation About Politics Lol

So growing up I really never gave a flying F&%$ about politics or what happend our nations politcal system, but idk since i'm a lil bit older now and in the military, I thought it would be in my best interest to actualy do a lil bit of research this election. Since i'll be actualy eligable to vote this time = D. So far I'm thinking of voting for Ron Paul Since I belive he makes a good point on the federal reserve producing money without it being backed up by gold or silver anymore is a big reason for our economic stuggles. Anyway I was wonding on what the ab/dl community thinks about the upcomming election in 2012, and if what others point of view is. Please only legit posts and nothing thats just flat out ignorance = ] .

p.s XD sorry in advanced for my terrbile spelling and grammer.....

I'm paid to fight not to write lol

• Like 1

I'm not convinced that it really matters who you vote for. It's who the Electoral Collage wants to win. More than once, the candidates that won the popular vote have also lost the actual elections.

Out of the Republican presidential candidates, I think Jon Huntsman is the best. Ron Paul would be my second choice despite having his way would kill us in our foreign affairs and I also do not trust other aspects of his ideas, but besides liking some of his other ideas, I also know what he wants to do, and he has shown great consistency.

I think the biggest problem with out current president is he is a poor negotiator. By giving everything the Republicans what they want up front, he lost his leverage. He also lost quite a bit of support after forcing the health care bill through congress. Now, he is not able to pass anything through congress though congress is quite dysfunctional in and of itself.

Still, I would vote for Barrack Obama any day over the covetous Newt Gingrich or the schismatic Mitt Romney.

My only concern is Obama being re-elected. His foreign affairs policies are not the best, and the decision to tell everyone we had killed Osama so soon was very poor. There was a possibility to remove Alkaida or however you spell it entirly, but telling the nation the day after we killed him removed that chance and made almost all of the intelligence found worthless. He cared more about his popularity than he did about the nation in my opinion.

My politics are simple- if they are in office I will vote for whoever else has the best chance of beating them, and I'll do the same next election. All politicians are crooks, liars, cheats, and scalawags and the biggest problem is that we've created a system of career politics. If we never re-elected anyone there would be no power for them to grab and after a while the crooks would get out of the business of politics for more lucrative careers. At least then we might get some decent people to choose from- something that doesn't happen now. In America, politics is the biggest business there is, with more money spent on campaigns and elections than those offices pay in return. As long as that remains true we are screwing ourselves.

Vote them out- all of them!

Bettypooh

• Like 3

I would vote for Obama before I would vote for Gingrich or Romney Google/YouTube up "Gingricn Peolosi" and "Gingrich Shaprton: so: FYI Conservatives, we know who he goes around with. Also how can you stomach a man who blames his extramarital affairs on his "patriotism". So just because he has a glib tongue and says the right things, it's a love affair: Did you ever hear " he talks the talk but does he walk the walk?" ? For those on the Right, Mark Styne ID'ed Newt as in favor of Cap and Trade; and don't tell me you don't know who Mark Styne is. Like it or hate it. At least Barack Obama does that. Then you have Romney who says he believes in "man-made climate change" but he can't prove it. Anyone who admits to believing ANY claim without knowing how come is either a lying fraud or a few rubber panties short of a layette. But then wasn't Romney the guy who when asked "You support the war in Iraq, why aren't any of your sons in the military?" said "well, they're supporting their father's campaign, that's patriotic"? How get-a-life is that? If this were STARSHIP TROOPERS. They would make a movie about him: KLUELESS ON KLENDATHU. Do conservative Republicans want any of those things in the GOP?

Personally, I look at the candidate and their position on things and not so much the party. Some things just make common sense and others do not. There are both good and bad with each party. Right now my problem is with not wanting to eliminate the Bush era tax breaks for the rich. With the inability of both parties to reach compromise on anything, taxes will now go up for the poor and middle class next year. Medicare (which my elderly parents on a pension and social security really need) is in danger of being cut. Yes, we do need to ballance the budget (like Bill Clinton did) but we really aren't asking for a tax increase on the richest people. What is being asked is to return them to what they were taxed before the Bush tax breaks! Think if it! When the costs of everything has gone up over the past 10 years, we are only asking the rich to go back to the percentage of taxes they were paying 10 to 20 years ago! If the country and the economy were prosperous now, it wouldn't make that much of a difference, but with so many poor and middle class families struggling, I just can't see making tax BREAKS for the rich a permanent thing. Sure, some people say that if the rich didn't get these tax breaks they wouldn't be able to hire people, etc etc yadda yadda yadda. Well, when Bill Clinton was in office and there were no tax breaks for the rich, the economy prospered! The budget was ballenced and we even had a surplus! Unemployment was down so not having those tax breaks for the richest people didn't seem to cause any problems! The Tea Party may have good intentions about paying down the deficit, but they are fanatical about things and I believe they just don't see the whole picture. They are dragging down the whole republican party. I did like John McCain but I was never a fan of Mitt Romney. As much as I don't care for him, I care for Newt Gingrich a whole lot less! The one thing about Barak Obama is he is willing to compromise with the republicans. Some may not like him for that, but with two parties in control (one of the house and one of the senate), there has to be some compromise on both sides to get things done to avoid problems down the road. Unfortunatly, so far it appears that the compromise has been all on the democratic side with Barak Obama and the republican party refuses to budge at all. It's not like John Bohener hasn't wanted to do a little compromising, but again, some of his party members and the tea party has ruined things. Same can be said of some democrates.

One more thing I will say before stepping off my soapbox. Some TV networks seem to have a negative effect on the economy. You read in the paper about how the economy is picking up and the unemployment rate has dropped (even if it is only small gains toward recovery), but some TV news stations always seem to focus on the negativity and not anything positive! Even when there is positive gains they twist things to make it appear that things are getting worse! That just makes investors nervous and unwilling to help the market to recover! Since so much is based on how the market is doing, investors get scared off, employers cut back on hiring, people are afraid to spend and it just keeps the economy stagnent! If some TV news staCBStions focused more on all the positives, I feel the economy would recover faster.

Definitely Ron Paul. Polls say he is doing extremely well in Iowa. Something else does too: the yellow journalists are already spinning and attempting to discredit the Iowa Caucus, just in case Paul wins.

Edit: Just in case anyone is wondering... I don't agree with all of RPs views. However, the ones I don't agree with I can live with. I support him on all the important issues. Also, he is an extremely intelligent and level-headed man. I want a president that is smarter at supporting liberty than I am.

"Nice Light Discussion"? About Politics?

Why not tell the truth? I am leaving some hand grenades, AK-47's and nuclear bombs around; first come first seved,. Will send in MASH units and clean-up squads after the Armegeddon (which, no doubt will be heard as far as Deneb)

The one thing about Barak Obama is he is willing to compromise with the republicans. Some may not like him for that, but with two parties in control (one of the house and one of the senate), there has to be some compromise on both sides to get things done to avoid problems down the road. Unfortunatly, so far it appears that the compromise has been all on the democratic side with Barak Obama and the republican party refuses to budge at all. It's not like John Bohener hasn't wanted to do a little compromising, but again, some of his party members and the tea party has ruined things. Same can be said of some democrates.

Yeah, sure, he is willing to compromise, but he has no idea how to negotiate. It's like he was watching Sesame Street when he should have been reading the Art of War. If you are Democrat, you cannot compromise by giving the Republicans what they want first. It is futile, because the Republicans will just ask for more, and that is exactly what they did. Until they get more of what they want, they will continue to obstruct.

Advice of the old. Pay attention to your local congressional and state's senatorial election. These are the idiots that can't seem to understand that they are elected to actually run the country. Compromise is required to do that. Neither party seems particularly good at it for the last 8 or so years. These well meaning people are misinformed that their role is not to promote unwaivering philosophies, but instead to tackle the problems that face this nation.

This year I'm actually considering doing what Bettypooh suggests: vote for no incumbent. Message should be clear. Life is always a matter of compromises.

Rat

"Nice Light Discussion"? About Politics?

Why not tell the truth? I am leaving some hand grenades, AK-47's and nuclear bombs around; first come first seved,. Will send in MASH units and clean-up squads after the Armegeddon (which, no doubt will be heard as far as Deneb)

Woo-Hoo! Free Swag! *swipes everything*

Woo-Hoo! Free Swag! *swipes everything*

Now is that not just a real gold tiara. How do we explain that to Ted Nugent: when he gets here? Hw will be PISSED!!