LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Choose One Of Three

I'm trying to expand my choice of diapers and was narrowed down to 3 kinds.

1. Molicares

2. Prevail

3. Tranquility ATN

Can you tell me your favorite any why?

And I've notice a vast price variation between suppliers. (especially Molicare's)

Can anyone clue me in on that as well?

Molicares, they fit better and wick better than any other premium diaper, And I like the color :) i don't consider the other two in the same league as Molicare for holding power.

As for price, most of it is narrowed down to gouging or perhaps they don't have a bulk order therefor can't pass on any savings.

Bambino is the cheapest to get them at so far for me, but I still buy mine from Magic medical as I get them in one day.

• Like 1

Tranquility ATN.

Why?

In my mind diapers are white, so that knocks out Molicare. ATN have enough capacity for my overnight wetting issues and they also fit me decently well.

Molicare are also a bit "rigid", I find. IE they are so thick that they don't bend well in the crotch to follow contours. I've also had leaking incidents with them - I'm guessing they didn't wick quickly enough and then liquid ran out the sides as I often sleep on my side.

Prevail I've had very little experience with, but my impression was that they were always akin to store-brand generic diapers. IE poorly made, don't wick, don't have much SAP, padding shifts, etc.

Molicare for me but it's totally a personal preference thing. I like ATNs too but:

- I really like the soft flexible plastic on Molicares. Nothing else I have run across is like it.

- I like the purple. It's one of my two favorite colors.

- The thickness is about ideal for me. Just thick enough to satisfy the fetishistic aspect of my need but also not too thick to be hard to move around in.

- They wick, better than anything else I have ever tried. JBonn I think you're talking about absorption speed not wicking. At least in my conception of the term.

- They just fit me well. I like the low rise.

ATNs have some similarity in particular in fit. The ATNs are much higher in SAP and much louder which can be a plus or minus. Because of the higher SAP content they're thinner. The Molicare Super, not the Super Plus, is very similar to the ATN in terms of the absorbent material.

Finally as first said, it's a personal preference thing. Both the Molicare Super Plus and Tranquility ATN are well made unlike Prevail.

I posted my thoughts on a bunch of brands awhile back in this thread: http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=29787&hl=&fromsearch=1

I like Bambino's.

But they seem so expensive.

And never seem to have any sort of specials.

It's expected to pay over a dollar a diaper for a quality diaper.

But as I mentioned with Molicares, They can be well over $100 for a case of 56.

While other supplier are much more reasonable.

Unless I'm comparing different kinds of Moli's. Is there more than one kind of purple?

I like Wellness mint green color myself.

Generally in the US you only see the Super Plus but a few places, like XP Medical, also sell the Supers which are a fair bit cheaper. XPs prices are pretty reasonable.

You mention Bambino, other than the waistband, the Molicare Super Plus fits pretty similarly to the Bambino in my experience.

http://www.xpmedical.com/molicare.html

For Medium it's $78.95 for the Super Plus and $97.95 for the Super. But with the Super a case is for 90 not 56. So the Super Plus end up being $1.41ea. and the Supers $1.09ea.

I've never tried the Tranq ATN's, but I have (inadvertently, much to my chagrin and my wife's ire) exceeded the capacity of a Moli super plus in an overnight situation. Granted, I drank a gallon of beer that night...

Are molicare briefs thicker than the Abena X Plus (M4). The Abena's are not thick enough to make me feel like a baby, not by a long shot, mayby if it was twice or three times as thick, then maybe. But I am not going to lie, when I am lounging about the house it is really comfortable to wear M4's under shorts. I have worn them out at night. If I knew I could get away with it, I would wear Abenas under my shorts and go out to get the mail, which is on the other side of my appartment complex, and then walk back.

The plastic is very translucent as well, which is why they're a bit peachy as the peachy insides show through. This also means that the sides really show through your skin which I don't love myself. The Molicares Super and Super Plus are both much better made imo, but the ATNs aren't bad and certainly a whole lot better than any store brand.

I am a fan of the ATN's. Good absorption, nice color and nice crinkle as well as pretty thin. As a daytime diaper it is great. Molicare Super Plus is almost stiff in thickness but they do absorb more with nice soft plastic. The Molicare Super is thinner and so probably closer to the ATN and also a fine diaper. Prevail doesn't make the cut IMHO.

• 2 months later...

I'm an AB that has recently become 24/7 temporarily due to medical condition.

After finding the Molicare SuperPlus about 6 years ago, they quickly became my #1 favorite.

I still like using the old white attends as an outer shell, more of a appeance thingey.

These thing

The Molicare SP are very absorbent, I have been able to wear one all day with many wettings and even several bm.

The price can be expensive, I pay $2.50 per brief but I can get them locally, same day pick up.

So I know I am paying a premium for that conveniece.

Hope this helps.

Baby Bink :)

I think "wicking" or "speed of absorption" is important. In other words, all the absorbancy in the world isn't too useful if the diaper can't capture pee it as fast as we can dish it out. Seems like if we get a leak with a disposable diaper, especially on the first wetting, it's more often due to the diaper not absorbing fast enough as opposed to it being short on absorbancy.

Wouldn't this also explain why someone who wets more often, but in smaller amounts each time, can get more pee into a diaper before a leak starts than someone who floods it a couple times?

Not to say overall absorbancy isn't important - it sure is. But the faster the diaper can absorb, the better.

Molicare for me but it's totally a personal preference thing. I like ATNs too but:

- I really like the soft flexible plastic on Molicares. Nothing else I have run across is like it.

- I like the purple. It's one of my two favorite colors.

- The thickness is about ideal for me. Just thick enough to satisfy the fetishistic aspect of my need but also not too thick to be hard to move around in.

- They wick, better than anything else I have ever tried. JBonn I think you're talking about absorption speed not wicking. At least in my conception of the term.

- They just fit me well. I like the low rise.

ATNs have some similarity in particular in fit. The ATNs are much higher in SAP and much louder which can be a plus or minus. Because of the higher SAP content they're thinner. The Molicare Super, not the Super Plus, is very similar to the ATN in terms of the absorbent material.

Finally as first said, it's a personal preference thing. Both the Molicare Super Plus and Tranquility ATN are well made unlike Prevail.

I posted my thoughts on a bunch of brands awhile back in this thread: http://www.dailydiap...l=&fromsearch=1