LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Are We Ever Going To Lose Our Plastic Backed Diapers?

I don't know about you, but I was raised in the plastic backed diapers of the 90's and when I finally started purchasing my own diapers as an adult, I tried both cloth and plastic disposables. I hated the cloth backed disposables and it didn't feel right to me at all. I wore goodnites as a bed wetter and even wearing and buying those back as a teen wasn't as satisfying. Due to resources and the cost, do you think we're going to lose these off the market? We've already seen the baby diapers go the cloth route, so I am just curious. I seriously don't think I could enjoy or get used to the cloth backed. There is just something about that plastic backing that makes everything right about the fetish for me. What are your thoughts?

I think that the purveyors of diapers specifically intended for ab/dl's will continue to sell plastic backed disposables as long as there is a demand, and I think the demand will be there as long as ab/dl's who grew up in plastic-backed diapers continue to form a large part of the ab/dl market. I'm not sure about what will happen with the incontinence market. I know that a number of incontinent people also prefer plastic-backed disposables, and I'm one of those people. Disposables with cloth-like covers tend to seep moisture (my main gripe), and many people claim that the cloth-like backing chafes more than plastic covering. However, i think that the market consisting of incontinent people who both wet heavily enough to require a tape-on diaper and also buy their own incontinent products is quite small. Most incontinent people are light wetters who wear pull-up style pants, and most of the heavy wetters are residents of nursing homes who have to wear whatever product their home uses.

I think I'd have to agree with adhb, though I hope that they continue to sell plastic backed diapers. But I'll have to admit, my favorite all time diaper is the Active diaper that Bambino recently put up for sale on there site. Those suckers hold a lot of liquid and have a very snug fit. Plus, they are refasenable because they are velcro (essentially) but still plastic backed.

You should tell the adult diaper manufacturer's how you feel. Tactfully, of course, with zero mention of AB or DL. Let the ones who still make plastic-backed diapers how much you appreciate the fact that they're still making them. Let them know what you think is wrong with cloth-backed diapers and why you will continue to support their company by purchasing their product so long as their product still has a plastic backing. Again, be tactful! About once a year or so, I send an email to Kimberly-Clark thanking them for keeping their diapers plastic backed because of its superior odor and wetness containment, and it's increased comfort over the "cheap" cloth-backed diapers of their competitors. Businesses love it when you compare their products favorably to those of their competitors -- use words like "superior" and "quality" when referring to the stuff they make that you like, and words like "inferior" and "cheap" when referring to the stuff others make that you don't. You may get a form response back, or you may not. Kimberly-Clark sent me back a ton of coupons and a very pleasant letter. Anyways, it couldn't hurt to tell them what you think about plastic back vs. cloth back, and it might actually help!

--Floaty

Well at some point all diapers are going to be cloth backed or something similar. Regardless of what there made of they are not biodegradable. So id assume at one point disposable will be done away with all together or changed so that they are more eco friendly. Still haven't worn a cloth diaper but i fell like eventually everyone will need too.

The diaper makers are giving you junk at the regular price so they can charge you more for something that you like and want to use.

Very simple ( the manufacturers) are going to sell you garbage that they can make cheaper, so you will pay more for something that works.

Make more money.

That is just not how business works in a multi-company market. There are more than ome factor. There's cost, profit and market. Cost consists of price of mateials, labor, overhead and distribution. The successful company says "I can get more market and more money by putting out a better product as inexpensivley as I can". Cost savings come in two ways, "cutting corners" and cost effectiveness.

Now the big question is "Market". The "lifestyle" market is a tiny fraction of the adult diaper market. In fact it is a boutique/niche market. Those are always more expensive. Another market consideration is use. light wetting, heavy wetting, feces, stealth etc. the incon market is more into stealth then being able to wear the same diaper for 16 hours. Now long-lasting would be a desireable part of the baby/children market since the parent has to do the changing and would rather not have to do so every 2 hours

The "lifestyle" market for the major companies is the least significant since it is the smallest (incon, institutional and lifestyle) and an almost accidental market. We want thick diapers that resemble those from when we were babies/children and we really want something that we can wet in quite a few times. This smaller market means that on a per unit basis. appropriate diapers will be more costly and they cannot take full advantage of economiy of scale. The prototype of anything, even diapers costs thousands of dollars to make then the price comes down as more are made in baches. Now what companies are in the lifestyle market? I know of ABU and Banbino

This was not a problem with cloth baby diapers back in the day since there were three or four kinds and you set them up how you like them and there was always the home-made route. Now they are almost as silly as disposable. Flats, prefoldes, AIO, picket. and in panties: plastic. shell-and-liner/rhumba/fancy (not recommended since the failure of one of the parts ruins the whole thing), waterproof nylon (which coating can always come off), wraps and probably some that I do not even know and the lifestyle market tracks the baby market

So cheap (less costly) does not always mean shoddy; it can mean cost effective and there are several companies competing fot market share which translates to return on costs which means more or less money and there is not a monolithic market

As long as there is enough demand for them, and enough profit in making them to cover the effort to make them, we will have whatever kind of diaper we want. Look at the new Fabine- there has been a demand for a super-diaper and now we have it, albeit at a high price. Just like Bambinos first being produced to cover the specialty AB market some years ago, this one will stay as long as we buy it, and change some if there are problems or a high demand for changes to be made. Even as new ABDL's emerge who never wore plastic or ever saw it used on children, there will be many who will try plastic and like it so I think it's here to stay.

Bettypooh

I have to admit, I have a strange attraction to the cloth-backed diapers. I was a baby/toddler in the early 90's and wore plastic-backed like most of you, but my ABDL side generally reverts back to when I was older and in pullups/goodnites at night. I do think they will keep the plastic-backed diapers around because of the demand from the ABDL community- but I am kind of hoping for more of a selection of cloth-backed ABDL diapers too. I know that a lot of the "incontinence product" diapers are coming out with cloth versions because they tend to be more discreet (at least i think so, they definitely cut down on the noise) but I have yet to see any cute printed ones on the ABDL market, and I think it'd be great if they made some in the style of modern baby diapers and pullups for those of us still trying (mostly unsuccesfully) to squeeze into our Pampers 7's and goodnites :)

I was born in 1980 and potty trained by 1982. I don't remember diapers. And I have to question the claims of anyone who does. Mostly, because our minds don't work that way. We don't honestly remember much from before we were 4 or 5 years old. Anything before that is false memories caused by a desire to remember and wishful thinking, backed by whatever research we could do about that time of our lives... The early 90's is the time when my little brother was in diapers. If I recall correctly, pull-ups were a new thing back then. And that's where the cloth-like backing took hold...

I think that if enough people were to contact companies with concerns about the cloth-like backing, and possibly some suggestions for cost-effective means of keeping the plastic backings, then the companies may re-evaluate their position on the subject. I think for the most part, they're probly unaware of the ABDL market. And that market may be bigger than some of us may think... Perhaps still not of "significant enough to cause them to make plastic-backed ABDL Pampers [or other name brand baby diapers]", but maybe just enough to give them pause about doing away with the plastic backings...

And I have to question the claims of anyone who does. Mostly, because our minds don't work that way. We don't honestly remember much from before we were 4 or 5 years old. Anything before that is false memories caused by a desire to remember and wishful thinking, backed by whatever research we could do about that time of our lives

I think I wore a combination of cloth and disposable, but mostly cloth. But I have very clear memories of the box of pampers, my grandma had in the cupboard, and used on the the neighbor girl who had an accident. I was 4 or 5. I would feel them, smell them and was memorized by the box I might not remember what I had for lunch last Tuesday but I have very clear memories of my post potty training experiences involving diapers.

I think for the most part, they're probly unaware of the ABDL market.

I think P&G, & KCK are very aware of the AB/DL community and choose to distance themselves from us. They make a product that is fiscally viable for them, and figure anyone who need or wants to wear will buy what is out there.

I think I wore a combination of cloth and disposable, but mostly cloth. But I have very clear memories of the box of pampers, my grandma had in the cupboard, and used on the the neighbor girl who had an accident. I was 4 or 5. I would feel them, smell them and was memorized by the box I might not remember what I had for lunch last Tuesday but I have very clear memories of my post potty training experiences involving diapers.

I think P&G, & KCK are very aware of the AB/DL community and choose to distance themselves from us. They make a product that is fiscally viable for them, and figure anyone who need or wants to wear will buy what is out there.

Let me see your degree in mind reading. Especially since you claim to have been potty-trained by age 2!! We know that the nerves that control that are not fully formed by then and have scads of studies. Uhsally what happens is that the parents have the kid near some potty at all times and think they have trained her

Let me see your degree in mind reading. Especially since you claim to have been potty-trained by age 2!! We know that the nerves that control that are not fully formed by then and have scads of studies. Uhsally what happens is that the parents have the kid near some potty at all times and think they have trained her

Your being pedantic again..... Naughty naughty!!!!!

No: Only taking somebody at there word and requesting to see their papers