LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Convincing Local Pharmacy To Carry Brands

Has anyone had success convincing local pharmacies (not the franchise ones such as CVS or Walgreens or Rite Aid, but the local mom and pop style ones) to carry better brands? There is a local pharmacy near me (City Pharmacy of Elkton, MD) who carries Depends (like everyone else), Dignity, and First Quality. I've bought the latter from them and was very excited that they still have the plastic cover. Sadly their not the best diaper for heavy wettings. Before I went there I wrote them and asked what brands they carry. The sent a very professional reply noting the brands and that they are able to order any others that meets my needs. I just replied back on how First Quality is the better of the three brands but lacks sufficient wicking, capacity, and poor leg gatherings for heavy nighttime incontinence. I gave them an alternative list of brands I've had success with in the past (AbriForm, ATN, Molicare, etc.) in hopes they start carrying them. Has anyone had success with this? If anyone is near Elkton Maryland would you mind going to the pharmacy's website and request they carry those brands please?

I have an actual local home medical store that carries the Tranquility line, including ATN, boosters and underwear. I wandered in one day and found them on the shelf at comparable to mail order prices and walk out with them!

• 1 month later...

I wandered in one day and found them on the shelf at comparable to mail order prices and walk out with them!

Didn't they get mad when you forgot to pay? :roflmao:

Lol Kari: But most people whould assume that BoTox paid. If you say I walked into the store and walked out with tonights dinner, that means I paid. Because this is assumed, we leave it out!

Product carried depends upon product demand. The premium diapers out there are more carried by specialty companies, like medical supply houses - XP Medical, HDIS, Magic Medical, etal. - because the fact and reality is that Walgreen's, CVS, Rite-Aid, etc. make the best profit on their "house brand" of adult diaper, and most sales are NOT adult "incontience pants", so visibly emblazoned on the package. Peeps just don't belly up to the shelf and grab adult diapers for themselves. People are too embarassed to buy diapers for themselves in public, especially in a place like that, and for the most part, the product is carried more for and emergency-type personal need situation rather than a regular in-store purchase by consumers.

The vast majority of product is purchased and delivered by the case. Good luck in trying to talk the local pharmacy into carrying a better brand of diaper. If they do, you'd better be buying a decent quantity on a regular basis to make it to their financial benefit! Um, that's called "capitalism" and "life in the big city"! : )

• Like 1

I agree with TCC- if you get someone to carry a product by your request, then show your appreciation by being their loyal customer :thumbsup: And not only with that product, but with any of their products that you're getting somewhere else at a similar price :) Small shops depend on customer loyalty a lot more than the bigger shops do. They can be flexible for you, but the chain stores can't :( They are limited to a list of products their company warehouses have, and that list is made at a regional or national level, not locally. That list is usually tweaked by accountants who see only the corporate cost/profit ratio and not the people involved :bash:

This is why I follow the "Buy Local" method wherever I can. It supports your own area's economy as well as the rest, while buying nationally at a chain store doesn't do that as well if at all. People are discovering that the "Walmart syndrome" doesn't help the local people, it actually hurts them as the established smaller stores get swept aside when they can't match their prices and more people end up out of work than Walmart hired when they opened :o: You have to be careful with what you ask for because you just might get it only to find out you didn't want it ;)

Bettypooh

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to necro an old thread, but just stumbled across this. I was able to convince a local med supply store to order Tranquility ATN's for me. They were already stocking the Slimlines and some other Tranq products as well as Molicare Supers, so it wasn't too much of a stretch. I noticed they got some extra to put on the shelf.

So yes, it can be done.