LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab Diapers Still Not "Baby" Diapers

Horndog

This is the new Bambino diaper, which doesn't have a name yet. A lot of these Bambino diapers look like this: an adult diaper with a cartoony tape put on it. OK, fine. It cuts down on the manufacturing costs. That's understandable, yet at the same time, it's still an adult diaper.

ABUniverse.com has Cushies and BMX, which look a little more like baby diapers, but it's still a print of designs of colorful shapes. It basically looks like a Bambino diaper tape had took up the front of the diaper. It's still mostly white, but simple. Nothing wrong with that. They're, at least, moving in the right direction.

diapers_pampers2.jpg

This is the Pampers baby diaper circa 2010. Like the BMX, it has color printed around the diaper's sides. Not only does it include a colorful tape, it also has a series of prints underneath it. This is what baby diapers look like now. They have that quilted, colorful look that could make you feel like a baby when you put it on. My question is, "Why can't these AB/DL businesses make diapers like these?" I noticed that a lot of these diapers are clear throwbacks to the 1980s-style baby diapers, but the styles have changed since then. Where's the diversity of designs?

• Like 1

Well you have to understand.. a lot of us are 30 plus years old and the diapers we "grew up" in were the pampers huggies and luvs of the late eighties early ninties. The new bambino reminds me as much of the diapers I remember wearing when I was 4. (Stubborn) if bambino came out with a Barney print light green diaper I'd be all over it. The diapers of today, like the one pictured above, look like the most slim uncomfortable things ever. Diapers of today are designed with slim and conformation in mind. Back when most of us were vetting changed diapers advertised features like "ultra thick" and quilted.

As the next generation of grow older I can see adult abdl diapers becoming more like the diapers of the late ninties early 2000s but until then, I guess we get to relive the days of Nintendo, coke 2, and thick crunckly plastic diapers! Yay!

I totally agree with you horndog. I think are are taking a step in the right direction, but we still aren't exactly there yet. I'm hoping in the future that we do get more like the baby diapers. I am glad bambino came out with a new design, and hope that both them and AB universe will continue making more prints and selling.

Well you have to understand.. a lot of us are 30 plus years old and the diapers we "grew up" in were the pampers huggies and luvs of the late eighties early ninties. The new bambino reminds me as much of the diapers I remember wearing when I was 4. (Stubborn) if bambino came out with a Barney print light green diaper I'd be all over it. The diapers of today, like the one pictured above, look like the most slim uncomfortable things ever. Diapers of today are designed with slim and conformation in mind. Back when most of us were vetting changed diapers advertised features like "ultra thick" and quilted.

Yeah, you're talking about the actual quality of the diapers, not the design itself. It's the design that I'm talking about. I'm sure it's possible to port that design over to the quality adult diapers available.

I agree. I find all the AB diapers to be a really bad imitation of 1990's style baby diapers. I personally love the look of modern baby diapers and wish someone would find a way to basically make them adult sized for a decent price. Alas, I do not foresee this happening anytime soon.

I agree. I find all the AB diapers to be a really bad imitation of 1990's style baby diapers. I personally love the look of modern baby diapers and wish someone would find a way to basically make them adult sized for a decent price. Alas, I do not foresee this happening anytime soon.

well baby diapers from the 80's 90's were the best

As I'm not really the AB type, I've never tried any of the AB-aimed brands; what I've seen in pictures seemed to be indeed an adult nappies with a baby print. They're not scaled up in shape or thickness, just in superficial looks.

Specially the thickness issue eludes me. Baby nappies always look so much more prominent... Or does any brand provide that?

I am an AB and to be honest the "designs" on the bambino and cushies turn me off of them. I do not need the diaper to say "baby" all over it for me to feel like a "baby". If they made diapers like the pampers above, with the smell of pampers, I would be ordering a few cases ASAP. But until that time, I will order molicares or abenas.

I am an AB and to be honest the "designs" on the bambino and cushies turn me off of them. I do not need the diaper to say "baby" all over it for me to feel like a "baby". If they made diapers like the pampers above, with the smell of pampers, I would be ordering a few cases ASAP. But until that time, I will order molicares or abenas.

That's exactly how I feel.

I tried the ABU SDK's, and they are, essentially, slightly better than a Depend, with noisier outer plastic.

The Bambinos, OTOH, are far better performers than any off-the-shelf adult diaper. I don't think they stack up favorably to an M4 or a Super Plus, though.

Oh, and I'm an old fart who grew up during the time when Pampers had finally figured out how to cut the diapers to fit the kid, instead of it being like a big plastic prefold. My recollection of diapers were decidedly pre-1985, so the idea of a cloth-like cover with excessive amounts of prints all over it holds no interest to me whatsoever. In fact, most of the heavily printed adult diapers are very uninteresting to me.

And your demand for a cloth-like cover similar to current baby diapers is basically a demand for increased expense, because current baby diapers are still plastic-backed, just with that stupid cover on top with all the prints on it. Adult cloth-like diapers are actually just that permeable layer, which is why they seep liquid and odor.

And your demand for a cloth-like cover similar to current baby diapers is basically a demand for increased expense...

Never made such a demand. I mean, it doesn't have to be "cloth-like," but it should be more than just a tape placed on the front.

I guess, Horndog, you prove the point that even within the AB/DL community, there are many different perspectives of what "the perfect diaper" is. For many of us, it's "that diaper" that we wore as a child and therefore somehow "imprinted" upon us. For me, it's the Pampers and I was wearing in the mid-late 70's and then some of the Huggies in the 80's that I experimented with once I had the cash and mobility to pick up some of my own.

So, for me, diapers are:

- white

- thick

- may or may not have leg gathers

- may have a minimal amount of SAP in them

- have 2 tapes

That's it.

For me, diapers are NOT:

- cloth backed

- have any designs

- have any writing on them

- have taping panels

- have 2-stage tapes

- pull-ups

Your mileage may vary. Sadly, in a niche market like AB/DL-land I don't think there's enough volume to make it economical to produce every stage of disposable diapers from the 1960's to the present.

I think getting more variety is where things needs to go. More prints..better prints, and more than just a large babyish style tape in the front for looks. Lets get the diapers thick, designed, and that can cater to most of us. Hell, have diapers from the 70's to Today. I think thats asking for way too much and will never happen, but it's nice to dream.

I definitely agree. I'm turned off by a lot of the "baby" adult diapers, like Bambino and company. Diapers like that tend to remind me of Depends and sort of medical-type diapers which I am not at all attracted to. I would love if, as mentioned above, someone came out with a diaper that had a Pampers scent and look. That would be absolutely ideal to me. I think as someone else also mentioned, the market for adult "baby" diapers right now is a generation above us, age 30+ who are in to the diapers they currently sell. I think as the market becomes geared towards our generation they'll start to make the diapers more geared to our likes. Hopefully, anyway.

See I am stuck between both worlds here - I'd love nothing more than to have a late 80's/early 90's (Before cloth back and thin) Huggies in adult sizes. For this reason I love dry24/7's and Bambino Biancos.

That said I do love the look of modern diapers (look not construction) My problem with teddies, cushies, classicos's etc are the prints, to me they are awful - they are either a simple repeating block (Baby, teddy bears, etc) which is way to ham fisted and heavy handed for me. Then there is cushies, which has the color scheme down pat but the print itself is poor. I know they tried to make a product that would appeal to everyone, I just don't want flowers hearts and butterflies on my diapers. BMX looks to be another step in the right direction, but they are on a crappy diapers from what I have read.

I fully realize I am going to be one of those super hard to please people when it comes to the look of these products, but I am anxiously awaiting and all over print diaper that I like.

One of the diapers I've consistently liked are the Pull-Ups. If they could fit me, I'd wear them. Throughout the years, they've had all sorts of designs and they were always festive looking. Those succeeded in making me feel more infant/toddler-like in appearance, but I have yet to see an adult diaper with that much color and design.