LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

You Know You Need A New Job When...

hidden

You aren't allowed to park at your place of business during certain parts of the day due to remodel to make room for customers. When you come during a period you are allowed to park, the owner makes you move when he is double parked and we are the only 2 cars on that side of the lot!

You get yelled at when you go from doing something unimportant to helping those that need it.

When the higher ups think it is a good idea to take the good people off of the command areas and place semi-illiterate people in charge!

Anyone got anything to add? I know I will!

I was hired at a place, after I was there for 2 weeks they laid off 2 other guys because they gave me there work to do, at no increase in pay.

This place also had profit sharing, and the owner came up ways to burn up the money, putting it into stupid things, rather than giving it to the people who worked hard to make the place successful.

When the people you are working hard to support get cost of living increases, but you don't - for 2 years!!!

Guest Baby Rina

When the store manager doesn't think your qualified to be be an assistant manager but your the one who has to explain how to do all of the computer work for the store every time it needs done to said manager because she actually DOESN'T understand how you do it

Many years ago in a galaxy far far away, I was a waiter at a large chain restaurant. Having just been diagnosed with incontinence and out of the military a few years earlier, I was of course, in diapers. The new boss started a new bag check policy due to some 20lb hams coming up missing, that included the management handing out clear plastic backpacks for the employees to carry their stuff in to make the bag inspections easier. this did not go over well with me as I tended to carry extra changes of diapers wipes and clothes in a dark colored canvass backpack. embarrassment ensued. I had to have a meeting with the new boss and explain to him what exactly the problem was. of course he allowed me to continue not using the clear bags. the other employees saw me getting away with it and complained. rather than continue the uproar the manager relented and discontinued the policy. when all was said and done he had spent hundreds of dollars on useless plastic backpacks to try to save 40bucks on a couple of hams that were probably taken by the assistant manager.

I hated that job.

ive been at my job so long I do it without thinking ... and somehow delivered legal papers to the wrong oil company friday while daydreaming about going the #&%@ home! drove to the complete wrong end of the city an hour away while jamming the beatles in my own world. they dont want me to quit (because ive been doing this too long for them) so to cover up my screwup they said it was Shells fault rather than mine and that Exxon was simply stupid for not telling me I delievered the wrong legal docs to the wrong company. FIRE ME DAMNET! IM INCOMPETENT.

Thong, that sounds about right.

How about this one for everyone's approval - when the company you are working for is looking for a new position, so they want you to let them know what positions you want and what you want to give to the new person. They then go take this information and give what you wanted to keep to the new person as their job, and keep you doing what you wanted to give away. This new person is 7 years younger than you and has no experience but is now higher on the ladder than you who has been there nearly 2-and-a-half years and in the industry 5 years when this move occurred.

When the corporation opens up a position for a super skilled person who already knows how to do everything, the position being to fix all the customer problems that no one else in the company knows how to fix. Then a year or two later the corporation decides to discontinue that position. Then customer problems go unsolved, the corporation looses all kinds of business and when you call with a problem you get transferred to 5 different people, none of who knows how to fix your problem! Buy hey, the huge world wide corporation saves about $100 a day by not having to pay that person's salary anymore (even though they lose 1000 times that much money per day from disaticfied customers that go somewhere else!)

Anybody who complains that so and so has been here x and i've been here x years longer, why didn't I get the promotion? Or I can do x better than anybody else, why an I not the manager? They need to realize that being promoted has more to it than time and skill. Higher ups are generally judging candidates on several different categories.

Sure time and skill have something to do with the decision, but more often than not they are looking for other traits to make the decision. For instance, in my industry, drive has more to do with it than anything else. Are they willing to play the game so to speak. Do they want it, and what have they done to show it? Are they willing to tackle new things in stride? How far out of their comfort zone are they willing to go to get ahead?

If you are being looked over for a position, ask yourselves if you are driven, and what you can do to make sure everybody knows it.

Anybody who complains that so and so has been here x and i've been here x years longer, why didn't I get the promotion? Or I can do x better than anybody else, why an I not the manager? They need to realize that being promoted has more to it than time and skill. Higher ups are generally judging candidates on several different categories.

Sure time and skill have something to do with the decision, but more often than not they are looking for other traits to make the decision. For instance, in my industry, drive has more to do with it than anything else. Are they willing to play the game so to speak. Do they want it, and what have they done to show it? Are they willing to tackle new things in stride? How far out of their comfort zone are they willing to go to get ahead?

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: Unknown: 1 result set(s) not freed. Use mysql_free_result to free result sets which were requested using mysql_query() in <b>Unknown</b> on line <b>0</b><br />

Good points, but I know one case where the person had been at the company 6 years longer, had the better skills, was never sick a day and alsways worked the overtime. The owner of the company was going to promote this person but then sold his company to a corporation instead. The manager then promoted his fishing buddy who, as mentioned had 6 years less seniority and about half the skills. The other fellow quit a couple months later over the promotion issue and after that, the company lost 2 large accounts because he was no longer there! That manager who promoted his friend was then fired. What goes around comes around. By the way, the fellow who quit got another job at higher pay and was promoted after a couple years!

Good points, but I know one case where the person had been at the company 6 years longer, had the better skills, was never sick a day and alsways worked the overtime. The owner of the company was going to promote this person but then sold his company to a corporation instead. The manager then promoted his fishing buddy who, as mentioned had 6 years less seniority and about half the skills. The other fellow quit a couple months later over the promotion issue and after that, the company lost 2 large accounts because he was no longer there. That manager who promoted his friend was then fired. What goes around comes around. By the way, the fellow who quit got another job at higher pay and was promoted after a couple years

See, that is a good example of what is truly in the spirit of this thread. The person in that story sounds like the best candidate for the job, but was passed over for a buddy. I'm glad he moved on to greener pastures and managed a happy ending.

My rule is when you either stop caring about your job, or actually dread going in, then it's time to move on. I've been to that point a few times in my life, and though I may have hated them at the time, every job I ever had has taught me something that I can apply to my future.

My rule is when you either stop caring about your job, or actually dread going in, then it's time to move on.

I agree with your sentiment. But, unfortunately it's easier said than done in this economy. I've been hating my job for a while now, but even after months of job searching I haven't found anything comparable yet. I know continuing to work at this place is making me crazy. I have thought about just quitting so many times, but I can't until I find something that pays comparatively (as an aside.. guys: NEVER get married, trust me.. the judge doesn't care about anything except how much money can be extracted and given to your now "independent" ex.. she got used to her lifestyle etc etc.. total bs). I sometimes wonder if diapers and My Little Pony are coping mechanisms that help me escape from my problems for a while.

Getting yelled at more while being productive for not being "productive enough" than when I am standing and doing nothing.

These are a couple examples (not their exact wording but what I got out of it)

Manager 1: Still cleaning that food surface that no one else cleans? Leave it looking like crap and sweap the floor.

Manager 2: (when defrosting a freezer and it is warm enough to scoop out the ice and finish it up) Leave that alone and do something else. Other things can be done while that is thawing.

When going to work every day is an exercise in not punching out your coworkers for the things they say about you...

When you honestly feel like bringing a gun to work and shooting your coworkers in non-vital areas so you can beat the shit out of them while they bleed to death...

When your boss and coworkers expect you to do things that're physically impossible for you to do...

Those are not exaggerations. That's why I stopped being a farmhand.

When your not happy at work. The boss is too demanding and worried over the big boss who is coming to visit. We run around, work hard all for what? who? Asshole top bosses that come, act like stuck up people, don't smile, frown upon everyone, think they are too smart to talk to, etc. My boss all he really cares is about his salary and himself. I'm just another ant on the farm working.

Guest Baby Rina

When you get called and told to be on call if the truck arrives at 6AM and to expect some overtime, but when the truck doesn't arrive until 2 and the boss just leaves letting you do it by yourself because hey... she had plans after all... Not to mention STILL hasn't hired anyone to replace the one that quit... 2 MONTHS ago.