LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Has Anyone Else Ever Not Told A Single Soul?

I told two people who were black out drunk and have no recollection of the entire evening, so i'm not even sure if that counts. We were all really drunk, they much more than me, and were talking about lord knows what, and somehow this came up... It wasn't like i just up and said it, it was during conversation or something... but they have no recollection of any of it.... so yeah... does it count if they don't remember?

But in general, I have no desire to tell people the intimate details of my sex life. My boyfriend and I met through diapermates, so we never had to have 'the conversation' either....

I thought this way for a long time when I was a teenager. I never thought I would even think about ever telling anyone. I was too afraid of being exposed as a pervert just being a DL from my own family and people who know me. Just the embarrassing thought is too much.

Today, things are different. I have grown and not really afraid of my DL side no more. I accepted it and just live with it. So I don't really sneak around much any more. I wear my diapers under my clothes now, Have a GF who is accepting, I'm already 30 and life is going too fast. I'm not really worried about who has a big bunn and thinks it's a diaper. Even if it's me. It can't go on long. The thought of it. expires, so in reality for me someone may notice but it goes away for them and me with time. I'm happy today the way I am. either that or with age it just gets harder with this fetish and the older, finding new stashes, tougher living, possibly lying?...at 30? I don't think so...

A lot of good posts in here which mostly echo my thoughts on the subject. When I was younger I used to tell people about all the weird wacky shit I did and didn't do. I have all sorts of odd habits and dislikes. I never told anyone about the diaper thing but I did tell people about other fetishes I was interested in. As I grew older though I just stopped doing that. It never lead to anything horrible but it also never lead to anything good and really it made me an irritating twit at times . I mean who wants to know every hang-up, weird tick, and fetish a person has within 10 minutes of meeting them?

As other people have said, it's no one else's business, barring significant others, and not only do they have no right to be told but you really have no right to tell them. 99% of people don't want to know and that 1% of people that do want to know you probably don't want to be telling anyway. There should be no shame in not telling other people. It's just common curtesy.

Remember, for each friend you tell, add about 5 more to the number of people who will know! You think friends and people you tell will keep it a secreat? They will tell their friends and mutual friends of yours. I see no reason to tell anyone other than a couple of DL's I've met and they already knew from being members of this site!

I was a a thrift store with a DL friend and we found 18 and 24 packs of Attends at half off, so we each got a couple.

The sales lady kinda looked at us funny so I made three statements: "I have cancer. I had my prostate operated on. I wear diapers." All true.

She looked at me with concern and sincerely stated: "At least you are alive."

Put me back a bit. I haven't felt like telling anyone since.

My wife does not know.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

I told one person in college years ago while heavily sauced, but haven't done "full dislosure" with anyone since. My parents definitely know, as they found (and subsequently disposed of) my stash a couple times when I was living with them, but they never uttered a word about it aside from some thinly-veiled-yet-heavy-handed references to "keeping my room clean."

I've been right on the cusp of disclosure several times though. Particularly as I've become more comfortable with and confident in my desires and leanings toward diapers. Maybe eventually, I'll muster up the courage to reveal some actual details, but the timing and environment would need to be perfect.

Meh. Most folks have skeletons in their closets in some form or another. I wouldn't ask anyone else to open their closet doors to me, just as I wouldn't expect them to rifle through my emotional linens. Frankly - save for my girlfriend/spouse, I could probably go the rest of life without so much as a whisper to another soul.

Bottom line: My bidness is my bidness, so - with all due respect - bugger off... B)

I do often wonder how much my parents know. It never happened when I was a teen but when I was pre-teen my parents caught me hiding pads a couple of times. I have to imagine though they just thought that was a kid doing the weird exploratory stuff kids do. I barely remember how I started down this road I only vaguely remember it was a friend who introduced me to taking my mom's pads when I was in maybe first grade which is kinda weird in retrospect. I wish I could remember more of the details.

I'm sure my sister would think it's awesome as we both want each other to be as not-whitebread as possible. We often comment on how we wish each other where gay (neither of us are) just for some variety in our family. That said I'm sure my sister would tell her husband which he'd be nice about it but he also lead a pretty sheltered life and would probably be weirded out by me from that point onward.

It's not something I often think about though. If I want to talk to someone about it I can come on here, I never have that "I gotta tell someone" urge but it is interesting to discuss in theoreticals.

One other thought I had. We often complain that people don't understand us, and that people think we are crazy. We get upset when yet another nutjob gets caught stealing diapers, or arrested in the park with nothing on but a wet diaper and we say its no wonder people think we are nuts. Well, so long as we all stay in the closet, nothing is going to change. I'm not saying we all need to come out, that's up to each individual person. But until people hear about, and meet, "normal" ABs and DLs, well, you can figure it out. I feel confident that everyone I have ever told now knows that there are 'perfectly normal' people who into this.

I haven't told nobody just for a fact I don't know how or what they will do if I told them. I have a friend who use to wear diapers for fun but I don't know how or if I should talk to her about it.

I agree with Mr Otter as I did the very same thing. Only we know ourselves and our family and friends and for the most part can feel them out as to what or how they may react with such information. Everyone I know also know that I am an open book or at least more open than most and much happier this way. However I am not going to sit here and lie and say that with everyone I came out to, all was well received as that would not be true. My younger brother quit talking to me for two years. He stopped all contact. After that we got together and talked thing out and we are back to being very close.

I lost two friends or so I thought they were. For the rest of my family, they all know and still love me but it isn't spoken of on a daily basis. A cousin tried to shame me into quitting and was all self righteous. I later found out he was cheating on his wife during their entire marriage, and I'm the freak! I have several friends that know about my diapers and are cool with it.

Yes I will agree that it is a double edged sword but apart from that I myself am better for coming out. I am a much happier person not feeling I am living a lie or going about my daily life with this big dark secret. For the people in my life that have dropped me like a hot potato all I can say is, they were never really my close friends. I actually pity them for their closed minds

I am 22 and have been a DL since about 14/15. I never considered telling a soul until my boyfriend of 7 months almost accidentally found out, then I decided to come clean, and I have to say, it's the best thing I ever did. He's wonderful and accepting and the fact that someone else knows and is okay with it came a long way toward making me okay with myself ( I had a lot of shame about it for a long time). I don't understand the impulse to tell friends/family etc., I don't think it's a shameful thing, but definitely a private one, although at this point i'm considering telling my long-time best friend and roommate just to avoid the awkwardness of her walking in on me diapered or something- but telling someone you're in an intimate relationship with if done at the right time and in the right way I would definitely recommend.

Yeah unless you're choosing to make it a lifestyle thing, such as being diapered 24/7 and in public, it's not really a "coming out" sort of thing imo. It's akin to telling your parents what kind of oral sex you like. It's just kind of weird, awkward, and not necessary.

If you ever listen to Dan Savage's podcast Savage Love it's basically what he says and I agree with him. He's really really good about not being judgmental about anything. There's even an episode where a girl calls in who has a diaper fetish. There's also a great more involved discussion Dan has with a woman who's married to a man with a pie-fetish. Both the woman and Dan are so amazing in how accepting and practical they are about it. The woman if I recall was just trying to get advice on how to be able to do it more often since it's such a messy thing it's a pain to set up and clean up.

lovelylittle: you're lucky to have gotten over the shame so young. I have been interested in diapers for as long as I can remember. An age of 6 or so at least, and I'm 30 now. I only in the last year or two have totally gotten over it.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well for me Im not really sure how many people know. I'm pretty sure that nobody knows but maybe my brother because he walked in on me trying to construct my own diaper, he was four at the time and he didn't mention anything about it for another year and hasn't said anything about it since.

Who knows my parents probably know and just don't want to embarrass me.

I used to be afraid of telling people but now i am being more open about it, and only had one negative reaction, (was positive at first, but later this "friend" ended up getting angry at me for something else un-related, and then used this to attempt to insult me which didn't even insult me)

I have told several people and always say "that's cool" or 'interesting"

I think how you say it, will affect how they will react to it.

I will usually start the topic by talking about how normal is over-rated and most people have something unique about them once you get to know them.. Most of my firend's are open-minded individuals, I would not be friend's with anyone who is close-minded.. I sometimes try to, and try to get them to be more accepting, but eventually we clash. But when I am going to express me being an A/B I first tell them, that they may think it's weird

It's never something I would tell someone as soon as I meet them, but as they get to know me, I will be more comfortable and telling them.

I will usually talk about how I think children, have a lot more freedom than we do, because they not afraid to be different.

I am always honest about it and I tell them how I still have stuffed animals and how they help me relax and how I find sippy cups to be fun.

I talk about how I find certain items that we as humans use for comfort, create an imprint and that stays with us.. Some items of comfort change and some stay the same.

I have a long history of drug and alcohol abuse (I am doing better now) I talk about how stuffed animals give me comfort and that sippy cups help relax me, it reminds me of a time when things were more peaceful (even though, my childhood was not that peaceful)

I will mention that i have ab/dl tendancies and I ask if they know what AB/DL is, and if they don't i explain it. Depending on how they react, i will decide if i should keep talking about it or stop talking about it for now and bring it up later.. but I always get postiive reaction so then i express my desire to wear diapers, use pacifiers, which make me relaxed and give me a sense of well-being

Most people who I have told have said that it was cute, and all have said that it was interesting and that it wasn't that weird at all (before i tell them anything, i say that what im going to tell them, they might find weird)

My friends would much rather I do this, than do drugs - I feel so good expressing this to my friends, it makes me feel very accepted and makes me realize even more that there is nothing odd about an adult wanting to sleep with a stuffed animal or wanting to use a sippy cup

In general everyone sees me as a unique person, so telling them about this, is just a tiny part of what makes me unique.

If you want to tell someone, tell them about how it makes you happy and how AB stuff makes you relaxed.. If they are goign to insult you and say you are a sicko, and you did express it in a very understanding way, then they were never your friends.. your friends should want you to be happy and accept you for who you are - being an AB does not change who you are, they would never have known if you didn't tell them, so a true friend should never abandon you if you tell them.

They all understand and most of them are not even suprised when I tell them, because i often drop hints about it.. I tell people how I like to stay connected with my inner child, how I miss being a child and the freedoms that go along with it.

Since AB/DL is not usually sexual for me, I tell them it is for some people but it usually is not for me and that it has nothing to do with real children. I also tell them, that if they have any questions, to not be shy to ask.

I have to be honest, it's stupid, but I still worry about being "cool". I have no problem telling people about my BDSM related interests because those are "cool and dangerous" while diapers are kind of silly. What's weird though is I myself have always found it super endearing when someone likes one of the more silly totally harmless fetishes like pies or balloons or thinks like that. None of them are things I "get" but I find someone's interest in them very appealing. I also have no problem telling other people I find that charming but if I had any of those fetishes I would be scared to tell people.

Human beings are weird interesting things eh?

Never told anyone, except my dog, But she's so accepting of everyone anyways. ^_^

If someone were to come out to me first, I'd probably be like, "Hell yeah!"

Sure it gets lonely sometimes, But I love to be spontaneous when the urge to play hits, and I have to answer to no one...

For the longest time, I felt like I'd never tell a soul. I too have felt shameful, and honestly sometimes I still do.

My girlfriend moved in with me about 9 months ago, and right before she moved in I was living alone. I had bought a couple packs of Bambinos and wore 2-3 times a week until she got here, at which time I made sure that I had burned through my entire stash. A couple weeks ago, I was feeling stressed to the point of being twitchy all day, which usually leads to what I would think to be mild depression. It used to be I would come to this website and read some posts, look at some pictures, read Adrian's blog, so I did again an noticed Bambino had a new diaper. On a whim, because my GF doesn't usually open my packages, I ordered a couple sample packs.

A couple days later, the package had arrived while I was at work and she had thrown it on the couch. I was sitting across the room, she told me I had a package, and she squeezed it, looked at it, and was about to open it before she decided to toss it over to me. What a scare! I opened the top of the bag, looked inside, and commented "Some airsoft gear, nothing exciting" and tossed it aside and went back to my computer. About an hour later we were discussing stress, change, and coping and I thought real hard about telling her about it. I realized that if she had found some adult diapers while I was away and she didn't have the opportunity to talk to me about it right away she would spend those hours constructing a totally false idea in her head. Either I had to be amazingly diligent in hiding this part of me (a 2-bedroom apartment isn't terribly big) or just come out. I told her, showed her a diaper, and put one on to show her. All super embarassing, but I knew I needed to make sure she had enough information about it to not let her brain turn me into some sort of creep.

My diapers dominated our conversations for a week or two, but eventually the topic ran dry and we don't really talk much about it anymore. She sometimes mentions that she wishes she had a stress relief object that worked for her like diapers work for me. I can wear one whenever I really like, and it truly is liberating to have a couple packages of diapers just sitting up in the closet with the rest of my clothes.

Overall, I think that the situation you are in should dictate whether or not you tell someone. I'm just a DL, and I only really have the urge to wear a diaper when I'm really stressed out and need to escape. Because I can go long periods of time without even thinking about diapers, much less wearing one, the only person I've ever felt the need to tell is my current girlfriend and I think I would have been worse off if I had kept it a secret. The questions I would ask myself if I was ever thinking about telling someone else would be:

Are they trustworthy?

Do they have a fair amount of opportunities to find out?

If they found out on their own, would it likely have a majorly negative impact on your relationship?

-How important is it to keep this particular relationship positive?

Would telling them, assuming their response is positive, greatly impact life in a positive fashion?

Risk and reward. With my girlfriend the reward outweighed the risk, especially considering the risk of NOT telling her was far more detrimental.

I tell my online friends (which I only have about 5 of) that I think would accept such information, but I have not told a single person who I know physically. Mostly because it's information they don't need or want to know. There is a time and place for everything.