LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Rash Question

I've been wearing diapers for years and I've never had a case of diaper rash. I've had other skin issues especially with the leg elastic on plastic pants.

I have what I hope to be diaper rash but I'm not sure. One, it is localized only to my penis. Mostly on the tip and underside of it. It is also mostly on the underside of the shaft. This makes sense in a way becasue those areas is where moisture is mostly likley to settle considering that my penis usually retracts into my body most of the time.

It is red and blotchy. Very sensitve to touch and when I wet. I had no idea just how often I leak even a small amount until the last 2 days. Tripple Paste - zinc oxide does seem to help the discomfort but not completely.

Yesterday I tried putting petroleum jelly in the area but it didn't seem to have an affect.

I will be showering at least 3 time a day for a while but I'm not sure what else to do. Just applying soap to the area is painful even the force of the water hurts. Drying that area is difficult when it keeps trying to retract.

Any ideas or suggestions? I have an unrealated and previously scheduled appt with my GP on Friday. I will bring this up then if it is still around.

If you clean it well, then put neosporen or polysporen on, it will heal it over much faster.

I know they have neosporen in a + pain I use it on my cuts, I'm a mechanic and get cut often, this stuff works the best.

I was intoduced to this stuff after my leg was totaled, it gets cut often without stuff I would be in big trouble.

If you can bandage the area to let the neosporen work or just apply it.

I do hope this works for you.

Neosporen-Polysporen I think is a brand names, may be sold under a different name in the UK

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=29614&view=findpost&p=435244

http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.php?showtopic=27708&view=findpost&p=402406

Side issue,

since this question (diaper rash) gets re asked so often, would it not be a good idea to make it a forum, maybe as a sub forum to 'Incontinence Medical' OR even make it as a sticky?

I don't mean to be offensive, so please don't take it that way, but...

Have you been uhm, "enjoying" yourself while diapered? Perhaps while laying face down and gyrating your lower half?

I know that I have on occasion had sore, tender skin in the described areas when I've "enjoyed" myself too vigorously. Especially if I'm already in a wet undergarment.

Just a thought.

I don't mean to be offensive, so please don't take it that way, but...

Have you been uhm, "enjoying" yourself while diapered? Perhaps while laying face down and gyrating your lower half?

I know that I have on occasion had sore, tender skin in the described areas when I've "enjoyed" myself too vigorously. Especially if I'm already in a wet undergarment.

No. I do not. But part of the problem is that I have leaked semen lately and that creates sticky, gooey mess in the area and I have wondered if that is causing problems by keeping the moisture level up. But I've had more leakage before and never had a problem.

I'm also wondering if I picked up some sort of yeast infection from my wife. I think she is fine but I don't know.

My absolute favorite way to treat a diaper rash is to practice good hygiene in the first place which virtually eliminates "diaper rash".

The only time i have ever had diaper rash was when i was in the Hospital, and could not care for myself, I got both a diaper rash and bedsores

well in the Hospital which i have never had before or since that time in almost a decade of Incontinence and impaired mobility.

when at home sit with your diaper off let your diaper area get some air, take a shower dry off and catch some air i'm not saying don't be prepared for an accident have something close at hand but try and equalize your life with at least 1/2 as much air time as you do in your diaper. Doing that and proper washing between changes and you should not get diaper rash,i have very sensitive skin and like i said above i got a diaper rash once when i could not care for myself.

Nappy

My absolute favorite way to treat a diaper rash is to practice good hygiene in the first place which virtually eliminates "diaper rash".

The only time i have ever had diaper rash was when i was in the Hospital, and could not care for myself, I got both a diaper rash and bedsores

well in the Hospital which i have never had before or since that time in almost a decade of Incontinence and impaired mobility.

when at home sit with your diaper off let your diaper area get some air, take a shower dry off and catch some air i'm not saying don't be prepared for an accident have something close at hand but try and equalize your life with at least 1/2 as much air time as you do in your diaper. Doing that and proper washing between changes and you should not get diaper rash,i have very sensitive skin and like i said above i got a diaper rash once when i could not care for myself.

Nappy

The super-clean and airing-out strategy works wonders at prevention, but once a rash develops a fast cure takes more. Further, it may be darn near impossible for some incontinents to air out as much as the rest of us do (or should do). That's why we share what we know here, hoping to make someone elses life a little better.

Bettypooh

True Betty i Have a content running tap with multiple bombardments at irregular times, despite a schedule of fluid intake and a schedule of cathing and the constant leaking so the pipes don't freeze type of thing, so i do the super clean and plenty of air thing but make sure i have loads of protection right handy because with my plumbing all 12 months are trick or treat the trick is to wear enough protection to be protected without looking like i have elephantiasis of the abdomen and the treat is to have that diapering last me at least three hours without leaking, My wheelchair cushion has an incontinence cover on it so urine does not soak into it but the shear messiness of having to change diapers clothes cushion cover and such will keep me in the bathroom for a good 20-30 minutes which if your out somewhere and not at home makes people wonder what is that guy doing in there???

Nappy