LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Do We Bother?

Hi all,

I've been thinking about how negative stories there have been of people who portray us in a bad & negative light. My question is, why do we even bother worrying about it? I really think it is a waste of your time & energy to complain about them. Yes I know that it doesn't help when people portray us badly, but even if what we do was widely accepted, there would still be people that would do crazy stuff, right? It's kind of almost like when we have a troll, if you feed the troll, they will stay around, but if you ignore the troll, eventually they will go away. Just a thought for everyone,

Rockies Fan.

We try because people need to know there are sane people just as much (or more) than the crazy ones. Otherwise everyone will think we're all just a bunch of diaper wearing, pee bodies (oh wait).

Your feelings are justified and quite intelligent.

It's only diapers. I mean, c'mon, it's DIAPERS. They are a legitimate product for a legitimate need. The are not illegal, immoral nor fattening (LOL), and the market is huge, made up of those who need the product and those who just choose to purchase and make use of the product.

As evidenced by the Civil Rights movement, and the Gay Pride movement, our society will accept only so much, no matter how far it is portrayed that there is acceptance. I mean, even IF it was accepted to run around out in public, as an adult, wearing only diapers and a t-shirt, the majority of those witnessing the display are going to shake their heads and consider the person they see to be a lttle less than 100%. And, even IF those who wanted to do so, could do so, I would be very surprised if very many would actually do it. And, those that did, would probably be shadowed by store security, and the police mght still be called to "observe a questionable person".

You're right. Why DO we bother? Those that portray "mainstream" AB/DL'ers in a bad light are going to be fringe and a sad commentary on the majority of the rest of us. Obviously, we can't ignore them, but we certainly don't have to react to them or toward what they've done. And, while they will never have any remorse or be ravaged by guilt, we certainly don't have to feel anything - guilt by association, as it were - and don't have to react with it. If we feel good about US, and being in our own skin, that's the most of the battle we face for ourselves...

I'm not sure why so much energy is spent here reacting to freaks like the teacher above(which unfortunately is the only coverage AB/DLs ever get in the mainstream media- other than the CSI show, which didn't exactly paint a nice picture). In reality these are stories- most just stupid, and some downright disgusting- (IE kindergarten teacher), but are quickly forgotten by most people. In reality, the only place I hear about these stories is right hear, and I imagine my friends don't ever find out.

Now, because this is some what secretive fetish, most people keep this behind closed doors. Even though I wear diapers in public, I always keep them in my pants. Since I'm not a teenage boy, my underwear-(ergo my diapers) stay safely hidden in my pants. I don't let my friends know, and don't want them to find out. I don't think anybody who knows me personally knows anything about my desire for diapers, and I believe it is the same for a lot of us. If we want people to know about this fetish, than people need to be willing to come out publicly (although not in a way that intimidates the public). Personally, I'm not ready to do something like that.

Of course, based on commercials, comic references, and various TV shows- diapers are more accepted than they were ten years ago.

I understand the frustration you are expressing. It's difficult to see the point when you never progress. The point is that silence is considered consent and as frustrating it is to always see trash and lies about us, I don't agree and won't consent to the sensational entertainment media or the ignorant masses. It just goes with my refusal to do anything public and open as well as support for people like Stanley that show an honest side to it.

I have a news filter set up and it gives me the latest news related to diaper fetish and I post it here. The stories it finds are almost always related to this topic. The reason why I bother is because I believe these pedofiles who are also AB/DLs read these forums. I don't worry as much about the way the world sees us as I worry what some freaks who associate with us do too kids. My hope is that people will see the consequences of other peoples actions and choose to get help and not offend. Who knows? Maybe out there is a person who said to themselves,"What am I doing? I need help" when they read these news stories.

SDB

It should be noted that any and every Daily Diapers post can be picked up by an internet search. So, people who aren't into diapers can find themselves on the site. I've found many of my non-diaper related internet searches linking back here. I think that by ripping into the bastards that keep making us look bad, we're at least letting some people know that we don't support those wackos...

This is also why I'm against diaper stories involving minors. I think that those are making us look bad, too...