LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Taboo Abdl And Weight

I didn't want the Strange Addictions thread to get any more OT, so I am making a new one...

It ended with someone saying I need to get off my "weight issues."

Which I know I have weight issues and it is a total epidemic in the USA. So I say no I do not need to stop talking about it.

And thank you though for letting me know that partially it was due to a tumor. Though unless someone corrects me the guys weight was not due to a tumor, correct?

Also I think it is sad that Taboo picked someone like this as they had to know an already "taboo" subject was not going to be helped by both the Mommy and Adult Baby being overweight.

So ya discuss if you feel like it. Call me an jerk or whatever, but it is how I feel about the situation on Taboo.

Taboo didn't "Pick" them, they wanted to feature ABDL and Stanley was the only person who agreed to do it.

And as a fat man... Jerk! (But no, I wouldn't put myself out there as a symbol of the DL world in part because of my size and medical issues [tho I am not on any form of welfare])

• Like 2

Well with threads like these it is fair to observe all opinons and like the saying goes, chew the fat and spit out the gristle. :whistling:

I didn't like Taboo portraying ABDLS as welfare recipients using taxpayer money to fund their fetish, aside from that I have personal or professional grievence with stanley. I thought Riley was a much better and more honest representation of our community.

The question you should be asking is of yourself, and it is actually two questions:

1: Why did you make another thread on this when several already exist?

2: Why didn't you make yourself aware of the facts of the situation before you posted?

Please, lock this thread. This topic has been discussed and it essentially comprises of ignorant folk dancing on the grave of one of our own whenever somebody ignorantly brings it up once again.

• Like 1

Sorry guys but I just have to chime in here. My views on weight are well known here but I am amazed at how often it keeps coming up.

Dl ashlee: You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I would never suggest that you keep your opinions to yourself. However it has been done to death. Most obese people are well aware of how heavy they are and, generally speaking, don't need to be constantly reminded of how they are constantly loosing the battle with obesity every day. Really....what do you hope to gain from constantly pointing it out?

Why does anyone feel the need to constantly point out the fact that people are fat?

Do you seriously think that we don't know that we are overweight? Do you think that you might be the one person who can penetrate my thick skull and set me on the path towards healthy living?

Constant battery about one's physical condition is a form of bullying. If you feel the need to bully anyone....give me a call. I've got big shoulders and I can take it....

LOL. I am looking at it from my perspective if I were someone who had never heard of an ABDL and was watching the show. My thoughts would be what mental problems do these people have that one she is morbily obese and that he has a full time mommy. With no mention that she has a tumor that is causing her weight problems.

And yes I do bring up weight a lot, mostly because I am always fighting the battle myself. I think it was around 7 years ago that I had just realized how overweight I had become. At that point I was 80 pounds overweight and used weight watchers sucessfully. I never did get to my goal weight, but did make it to withi 8 pounds of it. Well that didn't last long, lol. Anyways I had a very stressfull school semester and now am 30 pounds overweight again, trying to get back down to 15 pounds over. It seems I can pretty much maintain at 15 pounds over, which I had for a couple years until this last semester happened.

Why does anyone feel the need to constantly point out the fact that people are fat?

Do you seriously think that we don't know that we are overweight? Do you think that you might be the one person who can penetrate my thick skull and set me on the path towards healthy living?

wait... wait ... wait... wait... wait just a minute... hold the phones....

I'm

fat?

when in the HELL did this happen? i mean seriously why did no one tell me this years ago! oh my god.... i had no idea!!!!!

Maybe I'm being a jerk here, but...

if nobody pointed out to somebody that they were overweight, then there would be zero outside pressure to change it.

There is a fine line between politely ignoring and enabling, just as there's a fine line between pointing things out and being a bully.

As a kid I got teased about my weight, and it sucked -- but, I was a kid, and I didn't really have the intellectual resources to know how to change my weight successfully. Now I am an adult and I do have those mental faculties in place.

The message (at least from me) is not that fat people suck and should hide. The message is that it may not be easy, but this is something you CAN change about yourself, and there are organizations and individuals who can and will help you if you take the time to find them and put in the effort to work with them.

But, my bottom line is that I wouldn't volunteer to be representative of a community if I might cast a bad light on said community.

Being morbidly obese is unhealthy, and sitting on the outside, there's not much other people can do. People don't comment on things like someone's weight if they don't care at all. I mean, if I saw someone with a gun to their head, I'd ask what was up with the gun. Heart attacks, hear disease, and diabetes are just as real as a bullet in a gun. You just have more time and opportunities to fix the problem than you do with a gun. And the sad reality is that some people won't ever pull the gun from their head, just as some people will never lose the weight. Doesn't mean either one desires the outcome that is headed their way... but sometimes a person just can't see another way out, they don't comprehend or accept a better solution.

The real negative reinforcement that is unnecessary is every advertisement in the media with a size 0 model. Now that's an in-your-face statement which is geared toward making money and truly has NO care about your feelings or mental state if you aren't part of their target audience.

Morv: People don't point out fat people because they LOVE them unless they are within their own family. People generally make fun of fat folks out of malice. Plain and simple. Most people just don't care enough about their fellow earthly co-habitants to worry about their health.

Bottom line: Worry about your own butt before you decide to crawl up in mine.

Wow people loose weight and now they are better than most people.... Spare me! I went from 350 down to 240 and I'm happy. Cant be any lighter frankly cause I dont want to get pushed over easily LOL

Although I kinda agree somewhat with the OP I've seen fat people squeeze into clothes that shouldnt be wearing, and they look like human bratwurst.

drynot, I agree love is not the optimal term. But there is some level of concern that exists before a person opens their mouth--be it positive or negative. But, hey, I'm quite happy believing that I'm better than the average fuck, so if you are willing to suggest that anybody who comments on another's weight does so only in a negative light, it leaves me to feel better than the average joe. But, to be fair, it takes some pretty extreme measures to make me open my mouth in regard to this subject.

But, tell me, which is worse:

"Hey, I feel sorry for you, because you are so overweight."

or

"Hey, I am disgusted by you, because you don't know how to present yourself in public, and you are so overweight."

Social stigmatization of commentary makes it nearly impossible to say anything to someone who is overweight without it being turned into an offensive comment by the recipient. Yes, many people are being rude, mean, and abusive. I get that. So, how do those of us who have been there and want to offer support do so? Just being quiet and hoping for the best is like looking at a person waddling toward a cliff and figuring that they'll notice something is wrong.

Sometimes the truth hurts. We're not all perfect, and we're not all great. One can ignore it or accept it. Once acceptance occurs, then one can either ignore or accept further input, but nonetheless have a better realization of its validity.

All too often it is the second statement that people lead with. Very rarely does anyone empathize with the overweight individual. Too often we folks are ridiculed and made fun of simply for entertainment. People seem to think that this behaviour is OK for whatever reason and that is a problem.

However....I don't think fat stigma is going to go away anytime soon. But I would like to think that this group of people leading our particular lifestyle would show a bit more empathy for folks who are different rather than jump on the fat bashing bandwagon at any opportunity. And I will be fair...it certainly isn't everyone here by any stretch that feels the need to ridicule.....just certian individuals....