LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Strange Addiction July 24

I'm not saying anything more because there's a fair chance that I might be completely wrong but I suspect I know who this show is about. If I'm right, we probably don't need to worry too much, so long as there's no malicious editing :)

I am curious though, whether the subject of the show actually considers themselves to have an "addiction" to diapers and ABDL? Considering that the definition of addiction is that it's something somebody compulsively does to the detriment of other aspects of their life... This show normally includes working with a psych to begin 'treating' their addiction too. I wonder if that was something they really wanted to do considering that most people here say whenever it comes up that they would never want to give up being an ABDL...

Also: eating tumble dryer sheets? Yikes! That can't be healthy :unsure:

The show takes liberties on the term "addiction", it's obvious furrydom or sleeping with a hairdryer isn't a physical dependency. Within the context of the show I dont forsee people confusing it with heroin addiction, this show isn't intervention, it's all just branding.

The show generally highlights 2 people, one who's adjusted their life to their addiction in a positive or negative way, and one who's totally failing. I can't forsee chowing down on dryer sheets as something that you could positively adjust to so the diapered individual on the show wouldn't likely be the negative one.

Lets pretend for a second that I was going to be on the show. I have enough of an internet presence that I would likely have been contacted by the casting agency as opposed to auditioning. Over the course of the week long shoot I'd make sure to keep on point, to choose my words in interviews carefully and to look at things from an editors point of view. I'd make sure the supporting cast were people who love and understand me, and want me to be represented fairly.

I would keep the integrity of this very diverse community as my number one concern, I've felt the crippling shame and depression from not being accepted for what you are, and it's my main focus to open minds and promote self-expression. I wouldn't speak in ultimates, I would make sure to mention the fluidity of our fascination, and discuss in what ways diapers compliment my life, mental well-being and sexuality.

I wouldn't worry about it ruining my life, I'm not on public assistance or a depressive character, I'm not a racist, drug addict, pedo, or loner. I'm not an AB/DL because of trauma or abuse and it's a totally happy part of my life. I'm a healthy, positive, self-made young woman and I'd be excited to show transpeople and ABDL people in a good light, something that rarely happens on TV.

This of course, is all hypothetical :P I don't think we have much to worry about, I'm sure there's going to be people upset with our media exposure no matter how it turns out. I think this may be a good step in expressing unique lifestyles with an open mind, not making them seem so Taboo.

Who knows, we'll just have to wait :)

Sounds good. Hypothetically ;)

I think the hair-drier woman was dependent - psychologically - and it was an addiction because it was a very dangerous habit to her and her child (and she knew it). There was a catchup show a few weeks ago where they revealed all the burns and scars she got over the years (she says she's quit).

Just with the taboo episode and the secret lives of women episode, i will be watching.... not that i'm invested in there being some sort of huge 'uprising' for acceptance of the abdl in mainstream society, but because its about an adult wearing diapers lol....

morbid curiosity.... i think the person on secret lives of women did not fully understand the ramifications of going on such a show, and stanley did not even imagine that some senator half a country a way would actually care enough to call for a congresional inquiry into his case w/ SSI, and i can say, i did not think that would happen either.

It does seem like the hypothetical situation proposed above is pretty well balanced and thought out, and i do hope any backlash is minimal in the real life of whoever is on the show.

I applied for that show, even had a webcam interview with the casting director. They never got back in touch with me, though. I changed my mind after the Stanley thing, though.

am i the only one that thinks its a bit odd that suddenly ABDL is becoming a mainstream media taboo piece as of late?

It's not a "Sudden thing". People have been appraring on various programs for probably the last 20 years, it's just new if you haven't known about it. That would include early programs with Tommy from DPF and Angela Bauer and assorted others over time.

Personally, I just think this recent 'wave' of AB/DL related programming might be just a back lash from Stanleys "taboo" episode. TV execs watch ratings like hawks and everything else thats related. Stanley's episode actually got a lot of air time, and public reactions and such...sensationalism generates viewers and Airtime and RATINGS. All that means M*O*N*E*Y, so the more viewers and higher ratings, the better the station etc.

Anyways, I am sure that some TV programming exec or other person got the idea that National geographic had a episode with an AB, and they did great, so now WE need to have one blah blah blah, so you will be seeing more of this kind of thing. HOPEFULLY, as was mentioned earlier, it will be handled thoughtfully and carefully on both ends and will show our community in a more positive light. If not, it will just turn out to be another freak show like so many have become on that unmentionable exploitive TV talk show :P

Anyways, if it's handled right, it might blow over and we can go back into peaceful obscurity, if not, there might be other programs with the "freak-of-the-week" things like have been done before.

Only time will tell, keep your fingers crossed.

Guest diaperboykcmo

am i the only one that thinks its a bit odd that suddenly ABDL is becoming a mainstream media taboo piece as of late?

Yeah they're coming out of the woodwork! It's obvious there's been more ab stuff out latley more then ever. I'm talking in the last 11 years

I'd have to say that hoping for this one to go over well is much like the hope that the 1000 Ways To Die AB segment would go over well... Not well-founded, given the nature of the show... A lot of the people who get on this show suffer from Pica and need serious professional help to keep from killing themselves. Not particularly a show that we'd like to be identified with... Though they didn't do too bad a job with the Furry gal, they still put more of a negative spin on it and made it out to be more of a problem than it actually seemed to be...

I saw the preview and expected to see BabyTara on as it sounded on another thread, the taping had happened but I guess not.

When I saw the preview, to my surprise, I instantly recognized the person who is a very well respected and in my opinion Perfect!!! person for the role to portray our community!! (No offense BabyTara) Hah!! Can't wait to see it!! I really think this will be a one of the better, (possibly best???), portrayals and positive media spots our community has ever gotten. Though some may think what we do is weird still (heck, I think I'm weird!), it'll be a non-threatening, no big deal sort a thing to most. Heck, who knows. Maybe our community will double and triple it's members on this site after people see what it's like and what they're missing out on!!!

Thanks "anonymous" for the "Protection" you've provided us in doing the spot as with others, I could see this episode not going so hot for us...you know who you are.... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hum, hoping it will show up on torrent or newsgroups soon, really want to see this one.

Also sorry to here that his wife/mommy passed away. All I was really saying was it was to bad that they picked them as people are going to pre-judge them based on them being obese. Also was it something to do with her being way beyond obese? I know that kind of weight usually causes major health problems.

I feel sad for specially her that for whatever reason she got to be that obese. No one wants to be that size and I know I am in never ending battle of weight. Just glad that at 80 pounds overweight I realized something needed to be done. Now I seem to flutate between 15-25 pounds overweight. Those last pounds seem to be the hardest to get off.

she died from complications during surgery, and no it was not weight loss surgery.

but dude... you gotta get off your obsession with people's weight... i mean really... its been talked to death... give it up.....

• Like 1

she died from complications during surgery, and no it was not weight loss surgery.

but dude... you gotta get off your obsession with people's weight... i mean really... its been talked to death... give it up.....

Actually, I think you could attribute this to a weight issue. Through other illnesses she had lost over 200lbs and was going in for skin reduction surgery or as is better known a sort of "tummy tuck". She died in some part of a blood loss complication. So all in all I guess you could say it was weight related. The thing is her weight issue was tumor related and not the norm that most people would equate it to. So anyway, back to your normal thread!

ok true it was weight related but not because she was so massively obese but rather because she had lost a lot of weight .... just so many people are criticizim the fact she was overweight didnt want there to be an "aha seeee she was soo fat it killed her" reaction ... because it was far more complicated than that ....

just some people need to get over their hanguos with weight