LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Snap-On Cloth Diapers Question

I found an auction on ebay for these plastic covered-snap on cloth diapers. They look to be really soft and comfortable, and the fact that they are leak proof is awesome. The seller is nicediaper (if that helps anyone). My question is are these diapers something worth buying? I've never worn snap on cloth diapers...but something about these diapers makes me really want to buy them. I think it's just that I am getting tired of disposables, and want a diaper I can wear, fill, and wash without throwing out.

Plus, they look sooo soft and comfortable. That is why I put my bid in online. Are snap on cloth diapers good? Are they comfortable? Are they worth the money? Do they make wetting fun?

nothing is leak proof. only way to know if they are any good is give them a shot, hope you win.

Ditto this :Crylol: and remember that fit is a subjective matter to some degree, so they may or may not fit as you'd like them to :whistling: That is why I prefer pinned-on cloth diapers with pull-on plastic panties; they always fit perfectly and don't leak unexpectedly :D If you don't like the fit you may be able to get someone to add some snaps where you need them ;)

Bettypooh

I found an auction on ebay for these plastic covered-snap on cloth diapers. They look to be really soft and comfortable, and the fact that they are leak proof is awesome. The seller is nicediaper (if that helps anyone). My question is are these diapers something worth buying? I've never worn snap on cloth diapers...but something about these diapers makes me really want to buy them. I think it's just that I am getting tired of disposables, and want a diaper I can wear, fill, and wash without throwing out.

Plus, they look sooo soft and comfortable. That is why I put my bid in online. Are snap on cloth diapers good? Are they comfortable? Are they worth the money? Do they make wetting fun?

Every time people ask me about wearing cloth diapers, I ask them if they have convenient and discreet access to both a washing machine and a dryer.

No form of cloth diaper will be of much use unless it can be washed and dried in appropriate ways.

Before Velcro (now generically called "Hook & Loop") was invented, various kinds of snaps (or "poppers") were used on diapers and waterproof covers. When washing diapers there are advantages to snaps, since snaps do not attract and trap lint. However, what Brownie is discussing is an All In One (AIO) product with both snaps and plastic. Washing AIO is problematic. Drying AIO is an even bigger challenge.

The cloth used in diapers is best washed in very hot water with vigorous agitation. If strong sunlight and moderate wind is discreetly available, it is ideal to slowly line dry cloth diapers. The next best choice is to use a dryer, starting on hot and progressing to a cooler setting as the diapers dry.

Wind and sunlight are bad for all plastics used to make waterproof pants. The same is true of hot dryers. Ideally waterproof pants are dried in open fairly still air inside away from direst heat and sunlight. Also waterproof pants last best when washed in very mild detergent with only hand agitation.

The outside plastic surface of an AIO dries fairly easily. Same is true of the exposed surface of the cloth diaper. The problems are the inner surface of the plastic and the cloth. It can take forever to completely dry the cloth from just one side, and only then can the inner surface of the plastic start to dry.

A far more practical alternative is to buy separate cloth diapers and waterproof covers or pants. That way the cloth can be washed and dried in hot conditions, while the plastic can be hand-washed and air dried inside.

Usually when AIO fail, it is a breakdown of the plastic. Then to save the cloth diaper you need to cut loose the remain plastic and buy separate plastic pants. See, that is a more practical way to start.

Nice Diaper has a fine reputation, as do many other vendors selling AIO in addition to separate diapers and plastic pants.

Hook & Loop fastening allows fine adjustment for each individual. Commonly the diaper needs to be adjusted differently than the waterproof cover.

Personally I prefer to fasten my cotton gauze diapers with diaper pins. This eliminates the H&L holding lint and snaps causing troubles. I also prefer pull-on vinyl pants with leak much less than any H&L or snap design.

Possibly I am biased because I have worn pinned gauze diapers and separate pull-on vinyl pants since I was born, except for 10 years while I was in college without convenient and discreet access to a washer and a dryer. I had to make-do with disposables.

I tried a product from Nice Diaper, but was disappointed with both fit and quality. The product was much smaller than advertised (despite being the biggest size) and the snaps broke when first opened. So be careful.

The only positive that I have is that they refunded my PayPal payment immediately (without fuss) when I complained, so mine was probably not the first issue/complaint that they have had.

The original AIO was the salk Pro-Pant, going back to the 1960's and the last I saw of which was the early 1980's. They were a snap-on thckly lined plastic panty with a snap-in insert. The thing is, you really could only use once between washing, which meant that you were washing the diaper, insert and panty at once. The whole idea was not well received in DPF when a few members tried them. In fact they got trashed outright

The other problem is the same as disposables, the diaper and cover were one-piece so that when the diaper sagged it took the cover with it. With a pin-on diaper and good rubber panties. the diaper fits better, can be folded to your liking; inserts and thicker centers actually keep wetness closer to the body, between the legs longer. diapers that are the same thickness throughout let the wetness get into the outer layers, away from the body more quickly. So instead of adding between the legs inserts, in terms of function you are better to use double or triple diapers. which is what was done before profolds took over. Now the diaper can sag a bit but the panties will stay where they belong unless you really go over the top, and hold the diaper in place better. Also uniform-thickness diapers distribute the accumulated weight more evely so it does not all add up between the legs and pull harder in that area

What was said about AIO's being useless after the plastic torn is also true of the "line" panties like rhumbas and fancy. Some years back, I heard a recommendation against them that said, if more likely when, the waterproof lining tears, the whole garment is useless and it is better to have separate rubber panties over which is put a ruffled or fancy panty and when the child outvrows the diaper, she can wear the panties by themselves.

On the other hand, JK did sell a snap on diaper that was just a "prefold" style; two outside layers and mayabe a two layer sewn-in pad, with 3 snaps on each side of the back and 3 of the things that you snap them into on each side of the front so that it was semi-adustable but the dipaer was so thin that in terms of wetting, it was two and through.

what i have found aio leak a lot the urine works it way to the leg bands wicks an you got a leak

the people who make these pants never wear them try a pull on w/ a plastic pant you cant go wrong

or a wrap on diaper for easy changing

I have used pin on cloth, snap on and velcro closing. I have had some with the waterproof cover built in too, called all-in-one. I am not a fan of the all-in-one with any closing. They take forever to dry and the waterproof backing will not survive the drying time needed for the cloth diaper. I find velcro closing generally bettr than snaps because they are more adjustable. Velcro does fail and pins can be used for the later life of the diaper. In conclusion, I would buy separate plastic panties and diapers.

• 1 month later...

the 2043 as good .

the botton problem just on 2215 ,some products the botton as short then before,so when the short on the 2215 top place the botton not enough firm.

about the size smaller problem ,just on 2215 too .because we add the ANTI LEAK WALL on 2215 ,the legs place as smaller about 1.0cm then SIZE CHART data.

the 2215 can't use same botton at the top and bottom place.

i think no body think over infact we use two different bottons in one products,because looks same.

now the problems be closed ,about 30-40 2215 pants as not good and be sold out.we have manage money return for most buyer.

i hope any one don't mind email to us if not pleased ours products quality .

Zhong from China!

I've bought from nicediaper a couple of times. I have never tried the AIO snap diaper, but I have bought three of the AIO velcro diapers. In my opinion, they are too big - the medium makes me look like a sumo wrestler. Maybe the snap ones are different. They do seem to make good quality items. I have also bought their regular cloth velcro diapers (large, way too big) and their training pants (very good, but the padding needs to extend further in the front).