LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Now That'S Cool!

My room air conditioner was about 5 years olf and was getting louder and warmer all the time.

Found a 12000BTU window unit at Costco for $209 (great damn deal!) and it cooled my room down from 78 to 65 in two hours! Much quieter and super cool.

Old unit was a portable, but since we replaced all the windows during the renovation I was able to move that big clunker put and get a decent size window unit.

Very pleased.

If anyone is in the market. It's a Sharp AF-S125RX

Oh, and for the nursery set: it has a full-function remote so you can change the settings from your crib :)

My room air conditioner was about 5 years olf and was getting louder and warmer all the time.

Found a 12000BTU window unit at Costco for $209 (great damn deal!) and it cooled my room down from 78 to 65 in two hours! Much quieter and super cool.

Old unit was a portable, but since we replaced all the windows during the renovation I was able to move that big clunker put and get a decent size window unit.

Very pleased.

If anyone is in the market. It's a Sharp AF-S125RX

Oh, and for the nursery set: it has a full-function remote so you can change the settings from your crib :)

Gotta watch out for the AC with the remotes! Our TV activates the timer (i.e turns it off after 2 seconds) when you hit the prev chanel button, lowers the temp when you hit mute, etc.

Now wait just 1 damn minute.....you mean to tell me they now have A/C units that have a $#@! REMOTE control???!!!! WTH

i feel like I have been living under a rock or .....someplace :blush:

If remote controls astound you, you'd be floored by a project I'm working on. I've been using the Smarthome Insteon devices (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insteon). Their thermostats can integrate with other devices, and say, turn fans on when the AC or heat kicks on to circulate the air better, close shades on the sunny side of the house (if programmed right, even adjusting for location, time of year, and weather). And, as Insteon is a protocol for doing home automation, when combined with a computer to interface with it via a power line modem, you can control these devices from a PC... and PCs are capable of being voice-controlled. See where that technology is going? Remote control for your AC? I am working toward the day when the AC simply knows what you want.

British winters are good weather for shorts. It may get a might bit windy in places, but really, winter there is laid back.

Summers on the other hand... well, I don't like warm weather, that's for sure.

If remote controls astound you, you'd be floored by a project I'm working on. I've been using the Smarthome Insteon devices (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insteon). Their thermostats can integrate with other devices, and say, turn fans on when the AC or heat kicks on to circulate the air better, close shades on the sunny side of the house (if programmed right, even adjusting for location, time of year, and weather). And, as Insteon is a protocol for doing home automation, when combined with a computer to interface with it via a power line modem, you can control these devices from a PC... and PCs are capable of being voice-controlled. See where that technology is going? Remote control for your AC? I am working toward the day when the AC simply knows what you want.

British winters are good weather for shorts. It may get a might bit windy in places, but really, winter there is laid back.

Summers on the other hand... well, I don't like warm weather, that's for sure.

yeah I figured that was coming someday. I always thought that with the advent of the PC or desktop 'puter, that plugging it in to the rest of the house was just a next step. Controlling A/C and heat, window shades, heck, even cooking breakfast! A total environmental control system would do wonders for energy usage. shut off rooms not in use etc...

:thumbsup:

you cooled your room to 65 degrees? Now thats cool for summer time. The lowest I will cool the house is 73 or 74. Electric cost is to high for me to run at 65 but I do like it cool.

All these low temperatures! It's so nice and pleasant here in Florida. I set the A/C to cool the house DOWN to 78 at night. The A/C is keeping the house at a comfortable 85 degrees now. We're only going to hit the mid 90's today.

64/65 is my optimal sleeping tempature. Cool enough that I can snuggle under my comforter and not be too warm in PJ's and a diaper. Rest of the house is 70-72.

our house never gets about 68o... winter or summer!

my boyfriends mother is disabled, and heat can exacerbate the symptoms, so the house never gets above 68o, and usually in the summer is around 65o.....

except our bedroom... which is above the garage and when they were building the house the location of the vent meant lots of twists and turns with the venting stuff.... so we hardly get heat or ac.... so our room is always much hotter in the summer and much colder in the winter...... if it gets tooo hot we just sleep in the guest room.

LOL, you should all move to Santa Cruz, most days we don't even hit 70F. We seem to have a couple of insane days each year where we will hit over 100F, but even during the summer we don't usually even hit 80F.

Ya so no AC needed, lol. Those 3-4 insanely hot days though I always wish I did have an AC at that point, lol.

I live in a trailer house without openable windows. Without the AC, it's a oven. 90f outside? 120 inside. I don't mind the heat, but that's too hot even for me. And I have a couple of dogs. They need the house cooled more than I do. Usually, I try to keep the house between 74 and 80 year round.