LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tommie And The Dpf

Ive just watched the video's from back in the 1990's, it was quite interesting except i feel Tommy never really put it correctly to the public.

I think it needed to be explained that there are 100's of fetishes out there and some very wierd and dangerous and that ours is nothing big or bad, no different to many others (mind you the program was 20 yrs ago nearly) and is always kept to ourselves.

Whatever happened to DPF ? i remember (being a member) that it seemed to be destroyed from within from evil self-righteous, agressive people such as one charachter called "vivnap" ... was just wondering ..

I suspect Angela who was more into the West Coast scene than I was can give you some precise things. I think it really had problems growing from essentially what was little more than a club to a business. It also came up against a rather unfriendly internet both in competition and with the fact that you couldn't trust people to just behave on the sites anymore.

One of the tings that happened was that it opened up to underage teen babies, first as a place for them to get counselling, help and advice anonymouslly. Later, from adult members with both being anonymous to each other. However, in the mid-90's the Newsletter started printing letters from teens as young as 14. It could only go downhill from there. I think that on the web there was more open contact between adult and underage members. Also it started to degenerate into psychobabble. It also didn't help that Gene from Li'l Wrangler died and some of the older suppiers' businesses took turns for the worse

In it's heyday it was a nice little club

Like Infantae Press and Amber E, DPF went up for sale. Tommy was getting older and not in the best of health as I understand. AC Medical, in Canada, with a tremendous inventory of plastic pants was up for sale, too. VI Products went out of business since the lady that owned it was 63, was looking forward to retiring, was out of vinyl, and could only buy a 7 year supply of vinyl to stay in business to the degree that the old Gerber Babywear was doing. Many in our community seem to be "poor and pathetic", and much of the roster seemed to be gay males,very few females. It was even the practice to post name and address and phone number if desired on the roster. DPF had a website, but it seemed to never get an upgrade, and many members continued to criticize Tommy for making all kinds of money off of them and what he sold. Tommy seemed to do it all and couldn't keep up. All Tommy wanted was to be able to be the AB he was, full-time, and be able to live off of what he made from DPF, which was not unreasonable. I remember he tried to put together a gathering at a resort he'd lined up for an AB/DL event where everyone could be themselves and freely wear for a week. He couldn't even get 100 people to commit and make a downpayment on the event to be able to reserve the resort!

Regardless of how Tommy presented and represented the community, he was a leader, and a pioneer, regardless of what anyone says - my dealings with him and DPF were never a turn-off or disappointing to me, and was glad DPF was there. I think Tommy and DPF were before their time.

I sincerely think that people that do things and have something for those of us in our community stand tall. Most of the rest of us would not have the passion, funds or desire, let alone the stick-to-it-iveness to make it happen and keep it going. As a former foot races, duathlons and bicycle races director, I know what it means to have a "labor of love". I gave it up, in the hole financially, which I never complained about or even thought about, after 13 years of it. I have never regretted my efforts. However, as passionate as I am regarding my DL side/life/world, I don't think I could even consider the type of efforts that Tommy made or that is made here or at Diaper Space for that kind of time. I used to love Diaper Town, especially for the chat room. However, that site is no longer with us, either.

I don't think any of us, in our diaper community, especially the younger ones and the newbies, have any idea of the effort it takes to make information, a comfort zone and a safe place possible for us in this community!

With that, kudos to Tommy & Markey and DPF, and a heart-felt thank you to Daily Di!

a lot of factors, Tommy's health not to mention stubbornness, overpriced/low quality merchandise. an outdated clunky website a general lack of privacy for members. Too fast of growth in too short of time after going online. Poorly moderated forums and chat.

DPF legitimized or better yet identified the fetish to a lot of us who thought we were alone. If the AB/DL world had a Hall of Fame, Tommy would be a first ballot inductee for sure. DPF was a big part of my life in 1991-96. Do I miss it now? Not in the least. The resources we have now are a billion times better than what we had in those days.

Websites have lives just like people. They start small, go through a period of rapid growth, level off in their prime and then decline to death. Some of them are kept on life support for years, but let's face it... the internet is fickle. As soon as the "next best thing" pops up people will migrate to it... take DSpace and FetLife for example. One is on the decline while the other is on the rise.

From what I understand of history, DPF had a good long run. Unfortunately the people who owned it didn't invest any in monitoring or updating it in the later years, so it turned into a pedo/creeper/troll nest and died.

Let's let bygones be bygones. There's already 1 active thread here about DPF... do we really need two?

One of the tings that happened was that it opened up to underage teen babies, first as a place for them to get counselling, help and advice anonymouslly. Later, from adult members with both being anonymous to each other. However, in the mid-90's the Newsletter started printing letters from teens as young as 14. It could only go downhill from there. I think that on the web there was more open contact between adult and underage members. Also it started to degenerate into psychobabble. It also didn't help that Gene from Li'l Wrangler died and some of the older suppiers' businesses took turns for the worse

In it's heyday it was a nice little club

I think you and all the outhers that say you cant mix t/b with use are wrong.Diaper Chat has been around just as long DD.It opened in 2004 and is still running strong.It sometimes is like the old dd when there would be 30 or more in chat.Anyone here remember those days?There where times when i came here that the chat board would move so fast i could not keep up.Now i come here and sometimes there is no one here.If as you and all the outhers say no teens then diaper chat would never have lasted this long.It is a very well run chat.The Addm. and mods. there keep it clean. P.S.i DO AGREE WITH YOU Christine about it degenerrate into psychbabble.

I think you and all the outhers that say you cant mix t/b with use are wrong.Diaper Chat has been around just as long DD.It opened in 2004 and is still running strong.It sometimes is like the old dd when there would be 30 or more in chat.Anyone here remember those days?There where times when i came here that the chat board would move so fast i could not keep up.Now i come here and sometimes there is no one here.If as you and all the outhers say no teens then diaper chat would never have lasted this long.It is a very well run chat.The Addm. and mods. there keep it clean. P.S.i DO AGREE WITH YOU Christine about it degenerrate into psychbabble.

I do remember these days well and honestly, I am not keen on having them all over again

One thing about the DPF website was the links page. It listed the sites by category. I kept that in mind when I started the salvage job on ABOwned. I have the skeleton for that site. Another company that did that wasy Bytemine/Wetville. I think that's a good idea if you are going to have a link page for the ABDL sites owned by members here and can zip up the files and send them to whomever is re-coding

Also, The DPF roster member code system was well designed, we could use that or the like here but would probably have to add a "sissy" category in addition to Little Boy and Little Girl

probably not but being new i never saw it, thanks for the info people !

I have to ask:

1.) You just now saw those videos?

2.) Where did you get them?

3) You just now found this site? We are the Biggest and Best :P

4.) DPF has basically been gone for quite a few years, where have you been?

5.) Welcome, don't be a stranger.

I have to ask:

1.) You just now saw those videos?

2.) Where did you get them?

3) You just now found this site? We are the Biggest and Best :P

4.) DPF has basically been gone for quite a few years, where have you been?

5.) Welcome, don't be a stranger.

Besides which, think of this as the better DPF of the 21st Century or DPF: The Next Generation; After which comes DPF Space 9 and Oyager.

Mr DailyDi; make it so

Honestly, I have good and bad memories of DPF.

The good:

As a fifteen year old bedwetter, it was the first place to tell me that it was okay to be the way I was.

It had a chat.

It had a chat for TEENS. At that time, it was important for me.

It was, at the time, the only game in town.

The bad.

Two words: "Peter File." He hit on me and propositioned me when I was around 13 years old, and he KNEW I was 13 years old, in the teen chat, openly saying that he was 46, iirc, AND with Tommy in the chat. I complained to Tommy. Nothing was done about this. To me, that is tacit acceptance of sexual actions with minors on your site. Whether or not you agree with it being "okay" (I do not), it is not a smart way to run a site. Turning the other cheek does not make one's case.

A complete lack of moderation persisted in all other areas. If it hadn't, Vivnap wouldn't have effectively destroyed the site as he did.

A lack of progress when the world was progressing around it.

It deserves credit, yes, but it also deserves a lot of blame for spawning a lot of the tropes that represent everything that is wrong with the ABDL community today.

Note: I do not, except for the mentioned case, necessarily blame Tommy for those problems. I believe he was doing his best.

Trying to compare and contrast DPF and DD is a like trying to compare a 1966 Corvette with a 1953 Corvette

Tommy started buildking on a vacant lot as it were. He had to plant the seeds and do the weeding and make it grow. DD inherited and then made it work better in some ways like forums, galleries and videos. I would prefer the profiles based on the old DPF roster code and the organization of links at both DPF and Bytemine would be a good idea for a proposed ABOwnd project, which ought be a part of any participatory website. As someone once put it, I am an "originalist". it was a more robust model based on things that had been the order of the day for nearly 3/4 of a century as opposed to 1/4 and not too stable at that due to how complicated it makes things and how quickly essential things change.

When Tommy took DPF cyber. All you had were CompuServe and the like. Then he proceeded to go Web, but that was some 18 years after the founding of DPF. He had some primitive things to work with, There were no full-blown social networks that he could use. DD came at a time when that flower was starting to bloom

Tommy started up in 1981, when snail mail was the order of the day and everything was hard copy. He did not have the instant input forum, so he had to edit. On the other hand, he really did not have the trolling problems

Now, which is better?: Good question. To carry on the analogy. Tommy and DPF were the equivalent onf Enterprise and Star Trek Original. DD is TNG, etc. DD does more but DD has more and even so DD is modifying what it has to work better. Tommy had to start from scratch. DPF lived for two dozen years. My website, when I point the new DNS at it will soon celebrate a dozen years and was for a time the reference nursery at Bytemin/Wetville and is always being worked on; mostly added to with planty of room for expansion. From what I see DD is about 7 years old if I read it right. In the old days, 24 years was not much but then the pace was slower 12 and 7 are a pretty good piece of time in the hyperspeed world of cyberspace DPF at it's strongest was about a 4 person operation. How many admins and mods does DD have. Li'l Vickie's World/Knuffles; the Magazine, for which I wrote for about 4 years, and was part of the GirlTalk/Girltalk to complex; the premier Adult Little Girl spot on the web lasted about 7 or 8 years

The skill sets, available tools and reasonable expectations for DPF and DD must needs be very different. Those of us in the intermediate timeframe; 2000-2007 and not ad-supported or paysite need other skills and ways to earn our keep. I use the idea of time and place and participation. I have to find software at little or no cost and even make some of the items out of other things like javascript snippets I find laying around. I alos distribute what I use when I can so that others can create their own "rooms" and "move in". We enable users to do thngs by using templates, wizard software and tutorials for those who want to get in deeper and I am on the prowl for more and better. The only thing we don't have is polls and Friends.

So there are different skill sets to different times, places and purposes

Went on there when I was around 18 and was like my first AB/DL chat and first thing I knew about online.

Also was a member of Diapergal.com right in the early days. When they used really nice looking Attends and Tena Slip Maxi with no purple stripes on,on old models like Steph and Tori.

As soon as I heard about DPF having teen babies and pedos and creeps on there :bash::angry2: , I left and never returned.

As I didn't want to be associated with any sick fucks coming onto that site.

I became alarmed when they started printing letters from underage. It seemed to me that the open contact would be just a matter of time and the pedos would follow as a matter of course. I wondered where Tommy was since he had always run a clean outfit

I remember it from back in the early '90s, i was just getting o the net, trying to figure out what the heck was goin on and if their were any more of 'us' out there!

DPF was the first site i had come across, and it was a great relief to find some more people that share the same interests, some information and a source of some good reading.

When i had first come across the site, the 'forum' was not too bad, but it sure wasnt long after i had discovered the site that news was out about tommys health and the site started going down the tube. shortly after this i had discovered DD and never went back over to DPF until many years later. When i went back to check it out, the forums and site were completely down the crapper.

Its kindof sad to see it end the way it did, then to turn around and try to sell the burning pile of crap for a fortune in the end, i got a laugh out of that. by the time it was completely shut down and up for sale the place was a joke to anyone that had even heard about it!