LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Don'T Do What I Just Did

This is why I didn't do homework. I am against homework. If you are in college you pay to go there and learn.....not do hours of homework. All work should be done in class. The time you are paying for nnot on your time. Same with all schools. Teachers, teach. Don't send school work home. I know I'm gonna get blasted for this one.

This is why I didn't do homework. I am against homework. If you are in college you pay to go there and learn.....not do hours of homework. All work should be done in class. The time you are paying for nnot on your time. Same with all schools. Teachers, teach. Don't send school work home. I know I'm gonna get blasted for this one.

.... anyone with half a brain is working to pay for the college to, thus they shouldn't have time for homework anyway. ;)

And you should get blasted! Sorry, friend, but it doesn't work like this.

Did you learn to ride a bike by listening to someone? Oh wait, are you really expected to listen to those teachers?

Didn't do homework...some kids can do that in high school and get away with it because public schools have to educate everyone. Standards have been lowered (although hopefully will be on the rise again).

You may have a wonderful job that you really love and you might be paid big money (six or seven figures?). Aren't you lucky! Most of us have to work for what we get, whether it's education, job, relationship, whatever.

And you say 'if you are in college you pay to go there and learn' - learning is an active process - implies work. Work done in class limits the amount of material the teacher can teach. Is it your money you're paying or your parents? And either way, do you want to pay a teacher to sit and watch you do homework? Is it efficient?

'blast' over on my part. Maybe you won't really be blasted much at all. Maybe you'll hear from a lot of people who agree with you. Maybe they went online and bought a degree - that saves even going to classes!

I have been out of 'school' since 1987, but the lessons leared there still last. One of the things you 'learn' is organization and time management. if you are having trouble with this, there are classes on it also. School and college are so hecktic anymore, with such heavy work loads and homework you really have to learn how to manage the 24 hours we are all given.

One of the best things I learned is (if you have time) do a review of the class you just had, right after class, and make sure you got what was worked on or discussed. Then do your 'homework' immediately afterwards, in between classes, during the review if possible. This helps reinforce that days lessons and helps you further 'cement' in what ever ideas or concepts or methods were in that lesson. Cramming really doesn't accomplish much, and is only done so 'work' can be handed in for grading.... but are you comprehending and understanding and RETAINING what you just 'crammed' or studied??

School is for a rather short period if time, andi s finite in nature, a process you go through to get somewhere. There is always play time, there is always snow (almost every year) ball games, and other sports and leisure activities will always be around, but school wont, so it's best to concentrate on what needs to be done, form good solid work habits NOW....and do the work....

Because it doesn't get any easier down the road..

Been there done that

Oh I agree with you.

If school is to prepare you for a career then there should be no homework. Class from 8-5 then go home and enjoy your free time. I don't know of any regular job where people are expected to take 1-3 hours of work home with them every night. When you clock out for the day, you are done. If it didn't get done today, it can get done tomorrow.

• Like 1

There are numerous jobs (usually white collar) that are not 9-5 jobs. you end up working (on a salary basis) from home, and or doing stuff outside the office and beyond 'regular' work hours. Real estate agents are always doing something outside and really never stop. I know of someone who works for a major hotel chain and she travels all around and doesn't have any set hours, she just works until she's tired and hits the sack. But she works and lives her job 24/7.

Sure, the average 'blue collar' punches a clock from 9-5-ish, and then you go home to do what ever it is you want, but there are others out there who don't, and go far above and beyond the 'blue collar' worker, and they make much more as a 'reward'

I have another friend who does a lot of work from home (tele-commutes) and he travels all around the world, and again it's far from a 9-5 'job', but he also makes a lot more because of the work he does.

so thinking that the world operates on a 9-5 basis is kind of simplistic. there are many people that do things that you don't see or hear much about who work hellatious hours, and make a good living, and they do it because they enjoy it....or they want something better for their family etc.

Personally, I find the 9-5 world a bore, and perfer to do what I'm doing, just because it fits my life demands and 'internal clock". i work nights so I can sleep during the day, and avoid the hustle and bustle of the rest of the world involved in the 'rat race' I've worked the 9-5 (or what ever hours) grind and it wasn't any fun, so I changed what I do and am more satisfied.

The point here for the OP is time management. we all have the same 24 hours a day, it's how you use it that matters, depending on your priorities. If goofing off and skiing or having fun while in school is more important, than the price you pay for that trade off is what he ended up doing, cramming homework in at the last minute and having regrets. If you use your time better, get the work done and out of the way sooner (after classes etc) then you have more time to do the things you want.....but it's up to you.

Most white collar jobs have very little work load, sorry but they really don't. My ex best friend thought she had it harder than white collar .... the odd thing is that she was white collar without the pay. :P The worst thing she had to deal with at the "office" was gossip and drama ... one reason I will NEVER take a white collar job, no matter how much you pay me, I would go postal on them in a heartbeat. People who do take their work home with them are actually work-a-holics (often to avoid home problems or because of not doing it at work like they were suppose to), because they really don't have to, there are laws that say it's illegal to make employees work for free in the US.

Homework however is bullshit (sorry, love that show and watching reruns online again) because it doesn't really teach anything except how to brainwash yourself. Learning is not the same as reciting, homework itself is more a sign of a lazy teacher than anything though.

• Like 1

hahah funny story about schooll work...

soo i'm all like "ohh i've got this 20 page paper due on tuesday i should eventually do it..." so i decide alright i 'll take tuesday off and do it last minute as always.... and get a damned good grade on it...

so last night (the night before tuesday) i look at the assignment, to find out how many sources I needed... come to find out, the paper only hasve to be 12-15 pages!!! and no minimum amount of sources list!!!

i took a whole day off for htis!! its rad....

right now i'm lounging in bed watching flight of the navigator!!!!!

homework itself is more a sign of a lazy teacher than anything though.

This.

PROJECTS are different, as are papers to show that you understood the concept, hours of rote practice or memorization is simply nonsense. We live in an age when we are rarely required to recall exactly when the 100 Years War ended, and who started it, and why. Why would you need to know that, unless you were an expert on the subject?

In my most recent classes, there were projects that made perfect sense and showed that we really understood the knowledge presented in class. There were also stupid, waste of time assignments that didn't teach anyone anything. Honestly, the miderm for "theater appreciation" was the worst of the bunch. Why on earth would I need to know who wrote a mid 1900's play off the top of my head? I spent hours memorizing stuff that I will never, ever use. It had nothing to do with appreciating theater, at all. Funny thing this, I enjoyed that class more than all my others.

in my job i use math all the time, to calcuate when someone trned 18, when somene turned 22, when someone turns 50..... while i could get out the calculator, instinctively knowing how to do such simple addition/subtraction in my head saves loads of time...

this is rote memorizing, if it were not for teachers requiring this, i would never have the skill......

reading, decoding, phonemes etc... its all rote memorizating... so without homework and endless drilling to train your brain how to decode ... you wouldn't know how to read...'

oh yes home work is pointless of course......

sorta like a sport... you don't need to practice.... jst show up to the games andplay, thats good enough.... practice doens't make you any better or faster or anything.....

like homework doesn't make you faster or better at it, its just enough to show up to class then go home and never think of it again.

dear lord.... what a boring life people lead... no homework, just go to school, then go home and shut it all off... never mind trying to make real life connections... once you walk out that classroom door, do not think of what you have learned every again..... that way you never connect your learning to your life outside of hte classroom.... instead just live completely separate lives.....

seriously..... i agree homework is boring, and seems useless at the time..... but its not just about doing hte material, its about having the self discipline to do it on your own time, with no teacher looking over your shoulder making sure it gets done.

you dont just learn math when given math homework, you learn how to manage your time, you learn responsibility - you were told something needed to be done by a certain day, and have to get it done by then... *gasp* JUST LIKE IN THE WORKPLACE!!!

whatever, some people enjoy educating themselves, some people enjoy do this on their own through their own readings etc.. and other enjoy being in a classroom setting, home work and all........ if you enjoy the classroom setting, then you are paying for all that comes with it..... when you sign the contract to attend a university and pay them, you are doing so KNOWING there will be homework..... so you can't say you didn't know it was coming...

• Like 1

in my job i use math all the time, to calcuate when someone trned 18, when somene turned 22, when someone turns 50..... while i could get out the calculator, instinctively knowing how to do such simple addition/subtraction in my head saves loads of time...

this is rote memorizing, if it were not for teachers requiring this, i would never have the skill......

No, math is not memorisation, or at least it shouldn't be if you understand it. ;) Our brains do not inherently memorise entire mathematics tables, they learn what the concept of the procedure is, and while some people can learn through repetitive actions, most people they have discovered actually cannot learn in such a method. Rote memorisation, and Creepymouse said, is more along the lines of "King Richard was born in ..." I don't know the year LOL. But not things such as math. While I admit some things you learn through it, homework is still not what I was talking about. The mind actually (in most cases) learns best through hands-on methods, while it's difficult to create a curriculum that does this with an entire class, it can be done. I have seen teachers who do this, and they were the best teachers who taught me. ;) Many give faux homework assignments, basically because they were required to give something, but didn't even check what you wrote down because their discussions, lectures, and in class work was what they cared about. Primarily because, let's face it, you can always get the correct answer when you are away from the class. Before it was libraries, now it's even easier with the internet in almost all homes, and libraries. Thousands of students use Yahoo Answers to cheat now, so homework is archaic and lazy, and you don't learn anything from it, especially if you are smart. :P

What's with all the super-easy stuff? :lol: You want real torture? Just go into business for yourself- then you'll spend every waking moment working in one form or another, because if you don't your competition will eat you alive :o If you're lucky and make it that far, in about 15-20 years after trying dozens of people you'll have finally found the one person competent and capable enough to handle everything as good as you do so you can take a vacation :D After 15- 20 vacations you'll have learned how to not worry about business while on vacation :rolleyes: Then one year later you die of a heart attack after seeing the tax bill for that year :( So yeah, go to school, go to work, go anywhere except into business. Life's a lot easier like that B)

Bettypooh

And you should get blasted! Sorry, friend, but it doesn't work like this.

Did you learn to ride a bike by listening to someone? Oh wait, are you really expected to listen to those teachers?

Didn't do homework...some kids can do that in high school and get away with it because public schools have to educate everyone. Standards have been lowered (although hopefully will be on the rise again).

You may have a wonderful job that you really love and you might be paid big money (six or seven figures?). Aren't you lucky! Most of us have to work for what we get, whether it's education, job, relationship, whatever.

And you say 'if you are in college you pay to go there and learn' - learning is an active process - implies work. Work done in class limits the amount of material the teacher can teach. Is it your money you're paying or your parents? And either way, do you want to pay a teacher to sit and watch you do homework? Is it efficient?

'blast' over on my part. Maybe you won't really be blasted much at all. Maybe you'll hear from a lot of people who agree with you. Maybe they went online and bought a degree - that saves even going to classes!

Yes I love my job. First 2 years of high school I took CP level courses. I was an honor roll student all thru school. Grade 9 &10 I had 2-3 hours of homework per night. Sometimes more. In my job a high school is not important. Common sense is. Teachers in my school district were lazy for the most part. My algebra teacher wwas so lazy, he'd put the homework assignment on the chalk board, show how to solve one equation and sit on his fat ass. HHe counted homework haevier than tests and never even checked the homework. I failed every test cause of this but had a 100% avg on homework and never did it mmy final grade was a B. I didn't do much studying for tests either. My personal belief is if I know the material I will pass if I don't know the material I will fail and I am not going to learn it during a" cram" session. I did not graduate high school due to the fact I moved out on my own the very day I turned 18. It was school or work and survive. School took a back seat. I just aced all ged pretests with no studying or refresher classes. School came easy for me but I despise it. I don't make alot of money, but I live comfortably and own everything I have. So to me it is lazy teachers that give lots of homework. Projects, ok. Those may need research after school.

1x2=2 2x2=4 2x3=6 the times tables.. ROTE memorization....

it wasn't until ht epast 10-15 years that teachers began to understand that teaching the times tables in itself does not lead to an understanding of math.. yet it is still taught.

2+3=5 3+3=6 ROTE memorization...

123+456 we know 6+3 = 9 because we have memorized it, we know 5+2=7 because we have memorized it, and we KNOW 1+4 = 5 because we have memorized it, so all the STEPS in the longer problem are ROTE memory... yes as we get older we understand the theory behind it, but for many of us the answer is still automatic...

think medical school.... knowing hte bones in the body, knwoing the organs, the chambers of the heart,,..... THAT is rote memory, you memorized them..... then you go one step further and udnerstand how they are all connected and where they are located...

Rote memory is everywhere.... many people just don't realize it because it is so interconnect with other activities....

but rote memory is reciting you alphabet, is saying your times tables and knowing instinctively addition and subtraction of single or double digits....

but peoiple who feel homework is a waste of time will NEVER feel otherwise... sorta like politics.. you can't change someones mind.... so feel homework is useless....

me i almost never did my homework in high school, except for the few classes where it was checked.... and then i did it last minute.... its the same way i do all my papers etc... for class, right now i have a paper due at midnight and i'm just starting it.... and i'll get an A on it.... as i always do..... homework taught me i can leave everything to the last minute and still get a good grade on it......because i learned how to work fast, and efficiently.... which helps me in my job, i am consistantly finished project quicker and more efficiently than others.... and always have time to help other people in my unit....

Four levels of learning:

Rote

Understanding

Application

Correlation

(Yes, I memorized this for a test. If I didn't, I would have failed. If I didn't, I would have had to google it first, but that step was unnecessary.)

Repetition is the key to learning. I repeat; repetition is the key to learning.

I plan on using this summer to do MORE self induced homework so that I can become more practiced for the fall semester. Since the syllabus crams in a lot of material, the professor can't assign more homework than we can physically have time for. I'll need the skills and knowledge of this semester to be used for next semester. Disuse will cause forgetting. I need more practice to get to the point that I no longer have to think about what I'm doing. (Can you tie your shoes and chew gum at the same time?)

Also, it would take all day to type a sentence if you didn't have the keyboard memorized and the spelling memorized. (Maybe that's the reason no one can spell or use proper grammar these days.)

During my experience in college, homework was generally worth very little, but of course, every little point counts. Tests and projects represented the biggest part of the grade and all of my classes I had taken during college were graded on a curve. During my community college years, it was good enough to just do the homework and take the tests. I would get decent grades, but there was much more homework at the community college compared to the university I attended later. I also think the community college had better teachers as well, but that's off subject. During my time at the university, I learned just doing the homework, tests, and any other assigned work resulted in poor marks. As it turns out, most people at that level of education are quite dedicated shifting the curve higher. So if you have a 9am-5pm mentality, you would have gotten left in the dust. In my department, the guy who consistently got the worst grade was a WOW fanatic, lol. The homework is a great way to study for the all important tests, but I found it also helps to read the texts, and write down pertinent information from the texts, then take a good look at the optional texts as well. Sometimes I would reread the texts (for quantum mechanics, I had to reread a few sections 3 times to fully understand the material). During the end of my junior year at the university I adapted this into my studying habits and as a result set the curve numerous times my senior year. My method of study is not without flaws though. It completely falls apart when given no texts. I performed relatively poorer when I had to rely on a PowerPoint presentation or lecture with no professor-to-white/black-board interaction. If you want grades above 3.5 out of 4.0, you will need to work you ass off. Midnight is usually when I stopped working. I worked Friday nights often and weekends too. Yes, yes, yes, I had no social life. I'll just say once in a while, you will get lucky and set the curve. By the end of school I was to say quite good at it, now what do I do? Finding a job is proving to be a little more complicated than school despite the growth in my field.

• 2 weeks later...

I hear ya, I have two BS degrees and I wait tables. Bah.

you have 2 degrees in BS?? No wonder you're so full of it! :P

as for if you want grades above 3.5 you have to work your ass off.... not so..... i hardly even went to class, did all my papers, projects etc.... last last minute.... never read the text books, was drunk for four years straight, stll had a 3.73

• 2 weeks later...

as for if you want grades above 3.5 you have to work your ass off.... not so..... i hardly even went to class, did all my papers, projects etc.... last last minute.... never read the text books, was drunk for four years straight, stll had a 3.73

True, college experiences may vary. It really depends mostly on your major, but also depends on your college as well as your load. Now I won't point any fingers, but the business administration students at my university hardly had to work at all, lol. In fact, they got Fridays off. The parties on Greek row always began on Thursday nights.