LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Interesting Encounter This Morning

I stopped my usual little local restaurant to get coffee and breakfast this morning. A lady who is a regular there who I see just about every time I'm there and talk to quite often came in. I'd say she's roughly in her early 50's, somewhat attractive, and always friendly and chatty. She went to sit down at the table next to mine, and as she went to sit her purse down on the chair she kind of missed the chair and her purse flipped off the chair and spilled just about everything in the floor right next to me. Being the good gentleman I am, I scooted off the chair to help her pick everything up. When I bent down, almost butting heads with her, one of the items on top was a Depend women's pullup. I grabbed it first as she said, "Oh you didn't need to see that" and kind of chuckled. I said, "It's no big deal. I've been wearing those kind of things for over 15 years now. Don't be embarrassed at all." She said, "Well thank goodness. I'm so embarrassed." She got over it pretty quick though.

We sat around and chatted about the weather and things in general, but the topic of her Depends didn't come up again. We were the only ones in there because the weather was stormy this morning, so I was hoping for a little more. Now I know what will be on my mind every time I see her now.

• Like 3

Well, Guitarzan, that sure is interesting. If you see her every so oten, you might try asking to chat with her a little, and then ask if she had ever tried _______ (Medline, Tena, etc.). That might get the ball rolling,and you might be able to put her at ease. She probably has no one she can talk openly to about this, even her husband (if she's married). I think you have a real opportunity here and I, for one, am very curious to hear what happens next.

-RMS

although honestly if she is wearing the depends undergraments most likely she doesn't have full blown incontinence, but minor leaking problems.... they aren't diapers, but are more just like a padded underwear for women who have some leaking like when sneezing, laughing etc.....

Well, Guitarzan, that sure is interesting. If you see her every so oten, you might try asking to chat with her a little, and then ask if she had ever tried _______ (Medline, Tena, etc.). That might get the ball rolling,and you might be able to put her at ease. She probably has no one she can talk openly to about this, even her husband (if she's married). I think you have a real opportunity here and I, for one, am very curious to hear what happens next.

-RMS

Yeah, We'll see how it goes. I've been having light conversation and even flirted a little bit with her over the last year or so. She's not married, I'm sure of that.

I have several friends with disabilities and/or visible health problems ;) Most of them don't like discussing them, especially in public :glare: and as a friend who cares the most I ever do is to quietly offer to help them if I see that they may need it :) Or I'll just do whatever is obvious, like getting them napkins if they need them to clean up, or helping then stand up or whatever. Otherwise I just treat them as normal people because that's who they are to me B) Those who have spoken about it said they really appreciate my attitude and wish others would follow suit ^_^ Nobody gets through life alone- we all need help from time to time :mellow: And it's nice to help others so add me to those saying:

Kudos on handling it well :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

From the way they portray TENA and DEPENDS and other brands of "light bladder protection" or pull on disposable underwear on TV, I think 50% or more of the women out there are wearing them! At least that's what these manufacturers want everyone to believe! Jeez!

although honestly if she is wearing the depends undergraments most likely she doesn't have full blown incontinence, but minor leaking problems.... they aren't diapers, but are more just like a padded underwear for women who have some leaking like when sneezing, laughing etc.....

Thus the reason they're called "protective underwear" :)