LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Describe The "Perfect" Disposable

Well, then we're into that Fabine territory, where we've gone from the ridiculous to the sublime. Knowing what manufacturers charge for extra SAP, never mind extra pulp, I can't imagine how much per unit it'd cost to basically have cloth-diaper thickness in a disposable.

Well. You DID ask.

I would take and average all the suggestions and take the most popular suggestions and start there.

And now my $0.02...

Go to Ebay, buy a couple of the vintage plastic diapers (like Luvs from the last 1980s) and just scale it up. The plastic, shape and thickness of the padding, scent, (lack of prints or wetness indicators) and so on would be just right. But if you have to use an existing machine, try to get the crotches wider. Adult diapers tend to be narrow and when standing, leak too well there. Padding in the wings to absorb at night.

I do not think that adding even 2 times more fluff and perhaps 2 times more SAP would cost as a much as producing 2 "thinner" diapers. Maybe 1.5 to 1.75 times as much but they do not require more backsheet, frontsheets or tapes.

Tapes - 2 or 3 per side. But 1 or 2 WIDE tapes would work well if positioned properly. Again, using the vintage baby diaper for dimensions would position them properly I feel.

Oh - and don't try to pack them into bags too tight. The SAP goes through the plastic and leaks. I would be happy with 2 fewer diapers per pack with no leaks. Of course, the price would adjust some but shipping per unit would actually cause the per price of each diaper to go up.

So in short - old style (smooth, crinkly), pure white plastic. Wider cut between legs. Cover as much of the diaper inner area with fluff (and SAP) - just STUFF it. Better, bigger, better positioned tapes. (Bigger means wider AND longer.) No landing zone required if tapes are big enough. Cottony inside. Nice scent. You know. The old Attends from the early 1990s are darn close - if they were stuffed more. Hmmmm. A starting point perhaps?

Heck... There's no need to bag them - just box them in cases so when the box is opened, they can swell up. If cases need to be broken up, perhaps that can be done here in the states cheaper... Just some ideas. Hey, anything new is cool. And year after year, the options get better and better.

- 1 tape diaper, cause 2 is not needed, for daytime atleast

- a print that dosent yell "BABY", no baby diaper has letters on them that ive seen

- thicker pre-wet diapers

- plastic, no cloth like

- some kind of odor control

- good/superb wicking, i dont like the wet feeling

Hi,

I've been into this for a while, and what I've always looked for is an oversized version of a baby diaper -- not just wider and longer, but entirely scaled up, keeping all the proportions the same.

Compared to what we currently have available, this would basically mean increased thickness (maybe like 4 bambinos) with much thicker plastic, and a high waistband (around the belly button).

As for price, this would be expensive, but I'd be willing to pay.

This is what I would wish for:

Plastic backing - have a soft babyish feel, but suitably thick plastic. Even a noticable playful texture would be nice.

Print - I love the look of the Fabian and Cushies all over print, and wouldn't mind seeing more print options. But simple bears/blocks prints like Bambino and ABU are nice too.

Scent - a really nice nursery scent is a must for me.

Packaging - it just gets thrown out, but a nice ABDL print on the bags (not on the box though) would be fun.

Tapes - minimum 2 tapes per side. Tapes need to be 10% bigger overall then they are on bambino models, including the anchored end.

Tape landing zone - needs to be reinforced plastic, but not as industrial feeling as those bambinos. It needs to feel like part of the diaper and not just stuck on late in production.

Waistbands - front and back, could be a little bigger and streachier than bambinos.

Leg gathers and standing leak guards, standard

Front and back leak guards

Absorbancy capacity equal to the average bambino. I don't know why I would ever need more.

Longer sides - I wear medium bambinos, and size 34 jeans. Those bambios always tape on the sides, and I would much rather have the tapes more towards the front

I wear medium bambinos, and size 34 jeans. Those bambios always tape on the sides, and I would much rather have the tapes more towards the front

Same here, and same here. It boggles my mind that I could be in the middle of a size range, yet the tapes tell me there's no f***ing way anyone at the big end of that range is getting this thing on without a garter belt. :wtf2:

The fact is that you will never have the perfect diaper. just look at how many different kinds there are and different types and styles

It is not even true in the cloth diaper world. There seems to be about 4 different sized of prefold baby diapers and there were 3 kinds of baby diapers: Prefold, float fold; 27x27. Now there are about 3 of those, and Flat 21x40. Then you have pocket diapers and AIO

I have two kinds of main diapers light and heavy, most of the time I am double diapered in one of each and a third very light diaper more like a thick pad that is just a piece of material that is folded and put between my legs.

A person may want to wear a non-showing diaper out and about and at home, one that nobody could miss. Color or print may be an issue. When I was little all diapers were white and rubber panties were all solid colors. Later printed panties, fancy pnatis and rhumba panties came out

Before prefolds, diapers were pretty much just pieces of material that were folded as best suited the need. If you wanted more diaper, you double or even triple diapered. I think Angela mention pre-1950 commercially available diapers but in my area. Southern New England, it was much cheaper to get some material at the stor and do it yourself. Just about any mother could sew competently and knew what to do.

The search for the "one size fits all" is a fool's errand and has gone on for at least 2500 years in one form or other. One would do well to read about the Bed of Procrustes

Being a DL but not an AB, I don't want it to shout baby. I want a daiper that I can wear discreetly to work or out socially without it being too obvious, whilst still having great absorbency.

Also, leak guards are essential. I always wear plastic pants as I am scared that my diaper will leak. The more leak protection possible the better.

Well, I too am a D/L and kind of a technical one to boot. The obvious problem here is that you ask 100 people something and you get 100 different answers :P

Anyways, as for the "perfect disposable" I don't see why someone doesn't just follow along, as mentioned above, with what KMB or PG does with kids diapers, if it works for them, it sure should work for adults!

I used to wear depend over nights, and really liked them. The had a kick butt waistband, great stand up leak guards (in a green color) they fit well, but capacity sucked. If I were to take the depend "chassis" I would add double or more the padding, and move it, as mentioned, into the wings as well, for bedwetters. I would change the outer shell to a 'softer' less noisy plastic, and get rid of the bottom tape.

Someone mentioned a 3 tape per side style, but the problem with this is the bottom tape ALWAYS ends up below the pivot joint of the hip. So when you walk, you are pulling on that tape and it eventually either gives out and pops, or ends up rolling up your leg, making for a nasty red mark.

My preferences have always been what is used (and works) in kids diapers.

*Good waistband

*Standing leak guards (kind of like depends)

*2 tapes per side

*A nice tape landing zone (though not really necessary)

*Decent capacity, (in the 50 -80 OZ range. Anything more is a pipe dream and makes wearing it more difficult.)

*Good SAP/fluff combination and a decent acquisition layer

Just as a note and thought, I probably shouldn't mention this as it's my own design :P I have been wearing "Wellness briefs" a lot recently and I really like them, except that they don't have a %$#@! elastic waistband! :badmood: My thought was in contacting the people at "wellness" and ask if I could use their basic "chassis" (inner fluff and pulp and top sheet combo) but use a different outer shell, using white plastic, that has a good waistband. Some of the printed plastic sheeting used in kids diapers and that new monstrosity from Fabine / ABU. might be nice.

I chose the wellness brief because they have good capacity (upwards of 80 oZ) and the top sheet really helps keep you dry. I just don't like the outer shell color (blue) and they don't have a waistband.

With minor changes, the wellness brief can be made into a kick butt diaper that would meet a lot of the above criteria, at possibly minimal expense.

This was just a thought, or my own pipe dream. I like how wellness briefs fit and work and generally feel, but they could be improved.

Maybe put the wellness 'chassis' into a depend outer shell??? :o That might be a thought!!! but then you still have that pesky loud plastic issue... Meh..

Just my input, but essentially I agree with a lot of the previous posts

*decent standing leak guards

*Good waistband

*80 OZ-ish capacity

*padding into the wings

*white soft plastic outer shell with some kind of soft print (look at a lot of kids diapers for inspiration) If you stay with white, they can be either gender, and with the 'general capacity" they would work for either day or night. The wellness briefs are discreet, and have good capacity and comfort for extended / overnight wear/use.

*maybe a tape panel *shrug* it's not really necessary, but if it helps keep the diaper from tearing, then maybe it would be a worthwhile improvement.

I still feel the Fabine / ABU "thing" is really a waist. For the amount of 'supposed' capacity they are bragging about, the thing would have to be made from a heck of a lot thicker plastic than most other brands. Nothing really can hold that much fluid. We all know (or most of us anyways) a gallon of water weighs 8 pounds....thats a LOT of weight for the tapes and plastic shell to hold up! Plus I cannot imagine anything more than the dry 24/7 for fit and capacity, after a while it just becomes a waste, because you get to uncomfortable and want to change before the diaper reaches it's 'full' potential. So anythng more than 80- 100 OZ is really a waste. IF people want more capacity, let them add some abena boosters :P

Again, following the cue from kids diapers, if it works for them, it should work for adults.

But then, thats just me.

qwack

I'd love:

1. A size small AB or even really just in general, diaper. I've been bummed ever since Bambino/Secure discontinued their size small. It was the PERFECT fit for me. The waist size was 22-34 inches. I think having S, M, L as sizes is reasonable.

2. A pink diaper. :D I could truly be a princess!

3. Thick. Thicker then an Abena would be great.

Good luck with your stuff and hope it works out:D

i would like a pastel pink diaper . pictures on it aren't needed i can put stickers . if it came with a choice of boy or girl styles that be nice . I also like white diapers .

non scratchy leg cufffs i would love that .

a huge plus if it's covered by insurance .

I'd want:

White with all over print OR pink (I'm a boy and not a sissy but it sounds awesome)

At least the capacity/thickness of a dry 24/7

One big tape per side

Front and rear waistbands

Standing leakguards

Dry 24/7's sizing with a small for the skinny babies out there.

$2 per diaper