LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Telling Your Parents About Diapers.

I think the best way to tell your parents is to leave a note for them to read. That way if you tell them in front of them normaly you don't have to start the sentence. If you left a note they already know whats going on and you can expand on the topic. What do you guys think is the best way to tell your parents?

142643 Diaper

I think the best way to tell your parents is to leave a note for them to read. That way if you tell them in front of them normaly you don't have to start the sentence. If you left a note they already know whats going on and you can expand on the topic. What do you guys think is the best way to tell your parents?

142643 Diaper

I'd consider carefully why it is so vital for them to know.

142643 Diaper

Dont. answer.

you have to thinkg why? i had this urge but pretty much came to my senses, because:

A: How could i possibly benefit from this

B: What do i want to get out of this

C: Will it improve my quality of living

answers:

A: You wouldnt have to hide them anymore, because its most likely you wont be living there for much longer, not to say you wont get kicked out, the fact is, you'll create a new tension between you. And you will want to leave, it will do the opposite from strengthing your relationship with your parents.

B: The reason you want to know is because your human, your curious. You want to see there reaction.

C: Unlikely, refer back to A.

142643 Diaper

I told my mom with a letter. I came home from college. Gave her the letter. Said "read it when I am gone". Was nervous for the 4 hour drive back to college. Then she called when I got back and we talked and it was good. The reasons I had for telling was just because I wanted her to know. It was a good enough reason without any expectations set. If you set expectations high when you tell them you will be disappointed. The only expectation I had was that she would know what I do. I didn't expect her to accept it, entertain it, or even deride it. I just wanted her to know. Since I was an adult I knew she could do nothing about it. I thought about it alot and now that I look back I can see that it was a good thing. Reality is that now things are like they were before I told her. I don't even talk about it anymore just because there is nothing more to say. I did the "matter of fact" approach and it worked.

I told my super liberal sister in a weird way. I knew she was the most liberal person on the planet so I had nothing to fear. I just didn't hide anything. I was visiting her and she came into my room in the morning to wake me up and found me in a onesie and diaper. In a split second she said, "oh", "breakfast is ready, get up you big baby." and that was that :)

note: My mom is not your mom :excl: It is up every individual to judge if their parents can listen to them and need to know.

Baby Bri

I definately agree that telling your parents through a letter is the best way. That's how I explained things to my mom. I handed the letter to her as I was leaving and we talked it out when I got home. She was extremely cool with it, much more so than I could have hoped.

On the contrary, Rhezz, I do think that bringing this up to your parents can strengthen your relationship. It brings it out into the open and there's nothing to hide. Especially if you're living at home, if you tell, then you no longer have to constantly worry about getting caught. You benefit by telling because you no longer have to carry around your secret like a burden. You'll have someone to share it with and the load will be lighter when someone knows. It is incredibly hard to keep secrets for us as human beings, even when they are our own. Especially when they are our own. We want someone to know and we feel so much better, better about ourselves when someone knows.

But, do make sure you are positive you want them to know before you tell them. You can't take it back once it's said if you don't like their reaction. It all depends on your parents. Sometimes it isn't best to tell your parents, but usually they are very understanding.

i just dont get the whole telling your parents thing. well, see for me this is a sexual fetish. and i sure as hell dont want to know about my parents fetish if they have any. and im sure they dont want to know about mine.

True!!! I have to agree goo goo.I would not think anyone one should know? and why would you tell them? We don't all go around saying I had sex today? to are moms and dads..? I would not want to tell my in-laws I wore a diaper today...Just something I rather keep to my self on..People all ready judge way to much why want to make them judge more??? :P:P:glare:

I know your question is "what's the best way to tell your parents?" not "should you tell your parents?", but I have an answer for both.

If you're going to take this leap of faith and tell your parents, then a letter sounds best.

Although I think it's great that some are able to tell their parents, everything I've read on this subject suggests not telling them. The consequences of telling them severely outweigh the benefits in almost all cases. I not only consider this lifestyle as something very, very personal to me, it's strictly on a need-to-know basis as well. I've only told one person in 20+ years of my adult life, my current girlfriend because she needed to know what she was getting into. As far as anyone else is concerned, they just don't have a need-to-know - period.

I know your question is "what's the best way to tell your parents?" not "should you tell your parents?", but I have an answer for both.

If you're going to take this leap of faith and tell your parents, then a letter sounds best.

Although I think it's great that some are able to tell their parents, everything I've read on this subject suggests not telling them. The consequences of telling them severely outweigh the benefits in almost all cases. I not only consider this lifestyle as something very, very personal to me, it's strictly on a need-to-know basis as well. I've only told one person in 20+ years of my adult life, my current girlfriend because she needed to know what she was getting into. As far as anyone else is concerned, they just don't have a need-to-know - period.

A need to know basis,

that is how I tell people now too. However, when I was younger I needed to talk with someone about it or go crazy. Back then theree was no internet, and DPF was still a couple of years off. I felt like a f*%#ing freak, and my parents were the only people I could trust with the information.

It didn't make a lot of difference in our relationship, and I just went ahead and let my sibs know too. If I were gay, I would have told them I was gay, I was just tired of all the secrecy and living a double life. What it comes down to is this, if you are close to your family, and feel that they should know, then by all means tell them. If you don't feel this way, then don't. Simple.

Vic

A need to know basis, that is how I tell people now too. However, when I was younger I needed to talk with someone about it or go crazy. Back then theree was no internet, and DPF was still a couple of years off. I felt like a f*%#ing freak, and my parents were the only people I could trust with the information.

It didn't make a lot of difference in our relationship, and I just went ahead and let my sibs know too. If I were gay, I would have told them I was gay, I was just tired of all the secrecy and living a double life. What it comes down to is this, if you are close to your family, and feel that they should know, then by all means tell them. If you don't feel this way, then don't. Simple.

Vic

I'm glad things worked out for you and I can relate to everything you said. I experienced the same feelings for many years and too thought my desires were so bizarre that no-one would understand. It was hard to live a life of secrecy for so many years, but that was the lesser of the two evils as far as I was concerned.

I never felt the need to tell my parents or brothers. I see no reason served except to start gossip that I do not want. For the same reason, I keep this private from co workers and most friends. It is nice to have some kinky friends that know, but they are selected carefully.

Froggy

I wouldn't tell my mother nothing if i were still living under her roof wearing diapers unless i got caught in diapers or if she found my diapers by accident and questioned me. I live alone now away from my mother (moved out) a few years ago and i put on a diaper in my own home and don't have to explain nothing. I'm free!!

I'm gonna have to cast my lot with guitar man's feeling.

I can understand the not having to sneak around reason.

Some questions I'd ask myself, if I were considering telling my parents would be, "What do I want to get out of this? Am I possibly doing this to try and gain acceptance from someone? Am I possibly trying to gain acceptance because I feel I haven't been accepted enough? Did I feel comfortable having 'the sex talk,' and would this be more or less uncomfortable than that? Did I have the sex talk with my parents? Where's the ketchup? Where do you buy those cute little booties for your puppy? What would Star Wars be like if Darth Vader were actually Eddie Vedder? If your parents liked having sex with whips and chains and playing S&M games, would you want to know? If your mother wrote you a letter about how she had an obsession with wearing crotchless leather outfits and being on a leash, would you immediately thinking, 'yippie, now I'm closer to my mother!' Or would you clasp your hands together, fall to your knees, and scream, 'Why? Why me God? You fucker, why did you let them tell me!' It's really pretty much the same, isn't it?"

Oooh! There's a shiny object.

If you do decide to tell your parents, the most important thing to address is what are you trying to accomplish by telling them? Do you want to be able to walk around in diapers around the house? Do you want them to buy you stuff? Or are you just trying to cover your ass? (no pun intended)

In my case, I told Mother because I wanted her to know that it wasn't a medical issue and that diapers were a 'hobby' of sorts. Like Vic, it didn't really change our relationship at all. The way I handled it was that during lunch one day I acted all distraught and worried (which was the truth because I knew I was going to have to tell her that day because I thought she found out that morning!) I said I couldn't tell her at lunch.

I don't remember the details of the letter as that was many years ago, but if I had to write it today, it would go something like this:

"Dear Mom,

Today when you asked me what was wrong, I didn't want to answer you because I wasn't sure how to bring it up. To tell the truth, I was worried because you found some diapers lying out in my room and you wouldn't know what to think. As you may have guessed, those are my diapers. I know this sounds kinda weird, but for some reason, I enjoy wearing them. (I don't have a medical problem or anything.) I'm sure that you are thinking that this is some sort of phase that I'm going through, but it's not. For as long as I can remember, I've had a secret desire to wear them. Remember when I was 6 and I got caught stealing my cousin's diapers?

I realize that parents try to get their kids out of diapers, not back in them! But, I'd really hate for you to think that it was something you did, because it wasn't. Diapers are just a thing I do to wind down. Like I said, it sounds weird, but I looked it up on the web and there's actually a lot of people out there who feel the same way I do! Yeah it's different, but as long as it makes me happy and I'm not hurting anyone or myself I don't see the problem.

Although I'm not a fan of keeping secrets, as you can understand, this isn't something I am eager to share. I just wanted to make sure you knew where I was coming from, and so you wouldn't jump to any conclusions. If you want, we can talk about it, but we don't have to. Also, (insert web site) has some great info if you want to see for your self.

Love,

Jess"

If my parents were still around, I highly doubt that I would ever tell them. It didn't go over well at all when I told them about my being transexual back in the late eighties. I think my sister was the only one who embraced it well.

On the other hand, my mother-in-law, with whom we share the same home, knows about my diaper thing. She has even bought them for me at the store as well as made contoured cloth diapers and a dress for me. She's getting ready to make another one for me now as the next Diversity Weekend is coming up over at Eureka Springs.

I have to admit though, that for a lady of her generation, she is exceptionally open-minded and excepting of all people as long as what they do does not hurt anybody else. I cannot begin to imagine how lovely this world would be if most people were like her. I wish that I could say that I was but I'm not as nice as she is.

Going back to the reason she was told. Well, let's start with why she lives with us, which I will add that I wouldn't have any other way. Wouldn't be the same without her.

This place is about three acres, about eight miles outsude of town, with a relatively good-sized, split-level house on it of roughly 2600 square feet of living space. They (my in-laws) had bought it when they moved back here in the seventies from California to raise their three kids.

My wife is the youngest of the three and when we married, her brother and sister had already grown and been gone; one to New York and the other to California. My wife and I were staying here for a bit, living in the lower level while looking for a place to rent or buy.

In '97 her father died from complications after bypass heart surgery. Our moving out was going to leave her mom alone in this place; which she wanted to keep but just couldn't do on her own. If you've ever owned your own home, you'll have some idea of the routine maintenance involved, let alone the non-routine that crops up now and then.

As I am a fourth generation carpenter/cabinetmaker, as well as being skilled in pretty much all of the other fields of residential construction, maintenance amd/or repair of a home is no major deal for me. My wife and her mother are VERY close and her mother and I got on very well from the start as well. Not hard at all as she really is a fantastic person.

After her husband died, we decided to stay on here a little longer until we could be sure that my wife's mom would be okay. It's when we started talking about house-hunting again when her mom approached us with the deal of staying here and pretty much half the place would be ours. We've been here ever since and I have been remodeling the place extensivle over time. She pretty much gives me carte blanche to do as I wish on the place.

My mom died in '98 and my father in 2002. Since then this fine lady has all but become my mom too.

She already knew about my 'gender dysphoria', transexualism if you will, and was fully accepting and supportive of it. The main reason we told her about it is because I don't like the idea of having to "hide" things under my own roof. The bathrooms and kithcen are still upstairs so, despite the size of the house, we still have to intermingle.

I discovered the 'diaper thing', thanks to my wife, about four years ago, maybe more. After a couple years of hiding this, it was really starting to depress me because I still had to 'hide' something under my own roof; being unable to move about my house as I pleased. I was discussing this with my wife one day and trying to decide how we would tell her mom when my wife informed me that she already knew.

My heart was racing and my thoughts were in immediate turmoil. "You what!?" I asked. :blink:

As it turns out, she had already known for about the past five months at that time. She and my wife had been driving somewhere together and my wife told her about it. She (her mom) just hadn't said anything to me because she didn't want to embarrass me.

Since then it has been great. She is very supportive, picks up diapers for me when she goes grocery shopping, and has even made things for me.

It doesn't get much better than that!

As far as telling one's parents though, I can't really say that I'd recommend it or not. I think that this is something that has to be viewed on an individual basis.

For those who do though, I wish you luck and hope that it goes as well for you as it did me. Trust me, I all too well understand your anxiety about doing so. Surprised I didn't have another heart attack.

Best wishes!

Ruffles

142643 Diaper

I am in NO WAY saying this is NESSESARILY the BEST way, just saying it's how I did it.

I got fed up with hiding, so I went upstairs with my pacifier in my mouth and a bottle in my hand and told my mom "these are mine, I like them, I like diapers too, so you'll just have to deal with it or ignore it". A few months of torment and vernal abuse later, and things seem to be ok now.

Someone asked about the content of the letter. For me it wasn't so much about the diaper content but about framing the letter the right way. One of the things I could point to was things in my life that were suspicious that they never figured out.

For instance I told her when I was a kid I hid diapers under the bathroom sink and they were found and we blamed my estranged step brother. So I was like, you often wonder why I don't have a girlfriend... It's because I like diapers and am afraid a girl won't accept me. See I think you thought I was gay, I am completely straight though, I just have an additional fetish for diapers.(see her fear was I was gay, by making diapers seem like not as bad I framed it in a better way) I am just shy because of this. I was like, this is a common thing, I joined a group of people who are into it I found online and they are all smart and successful. I also said that it is similar to cross-dressing, and it makes me feel relaxed and comfortable, but I am not a cross-dresser, it is just a comfort thing. Everyone knows that I am the most relaxed guy around, this is why.

Basically I framed the letter to explain some of my good and bad qualities and how diapers affected it. I also said this is something that is not "fixable" and most psychiatrists recommend learning to live with it and to maintain a healthy outlook.

In the end she understood everything I had written and was a little relieved because my life wasn't as much a mystery and I became a lot closer to my mom. I would come home from college and she would wash my PJ's and onesies and I would wear them to bed and she would see me in them. It wasn't a bad thing, it was just different for her and I was finally totally relaxed and open. However now that I look back, my college years I was still kinda dependant on my parents. Now that I am in the real world my mom has almost forgotten all of that. I don't bring it up and don't test any waters. We never talk about it either. I suppose if I wouldn't have told, things would probably be the same as they are today. I tend to think that in my 20s I was still kind of becoming a person so I was testing all of the waters. My advice, think 10 years ahead if your life will be better if you tell your parents.

Baby Bri

I never did, because there was a lot to lose and nothing to gain. But each situation is different.

I would recommend you know the situation and try to gauge how well they will take it. If they are more liberal people, they might be more likely to accept it than someone who is more conservative.

If you figure you can tell them, tell them in an adult manner, not just going up to them with a wet diaper and showing them. Do your research, find good sites and info about this before saying anything, so that you have something to fall back on.

Also, I would recommend that you are honest about your diaper beginnings. I would have had to tell my mom she is the one that planted it in my head, because she constantly threatened to punish me with diapers until I was 16. This probably would have went over rather badly.

But everyoen has their circumstances in life that they need to figure out. Figure out if there is an inherant need to tell anybody, and if they need to know, figure out how you will tell them without totally putting them off or creeping them out.