LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Went To The Dr'S Today...

SO i am an AWFUL fat person....... I mean other than being Fat, i've got not a single one of the 'usual' ailments that MD's expect fat people to have.

I've got 122/76 blood pressure

My random and fasting glucoses have always been around the 80's

and now, two years after giving up fast food and joining the gym, my cholesterol is back in the normal range!!!!

see... awful awful fat person...

I also don't have arthritis, any myalgias or arthaligias,

I don't have sleep apnea

I don't have breathing problems, or edema, or anything of that kind...

I'm just the worst kind of fat person..... the healthy kind!!!!

*sighs* if only i could get rid of hte fat!!!

but just wanted to say.... Its amazing what just giving up fast food can do for ones health... i mean we still eat out, the closest we get to fast food its like apple bees, i still eat burger,s fries etc.... but just not eating mcdonalds, wendy's arbys burger king carls jr.... and its gone down!

• Like 2

That is great news. Keep up the work and you will eventually lose the fat as well.

Apple bees can kill you in the weight department though especially if you go for a steak or a burger, but it is very difficult to avoid if you have to eat out.

• Like 1

not if you get the under 500 calories meal and can only eat half of it....

there are so many ways to eat out and still not eat shit....

but i know what you are saying if all a person eats is burgers and steaks... its not healthy...

Its amazing how better a person feels when they don't eat junk food. For myself anyway it is like night and day.....

Now if I could just cut soda out of my diet then I'll really be getting somewhere.....

Well it is always good to go to the doctors and get a good report. :) I am glad that your healthy, that is important and your a good influence here. ^_^ Since I quit smoking, I have gained 60 pounds and I have high blood pressure (runs in the family too.) i was keeping track of my blood pressure but quit. when i was though (two weeks ago) I think I read ...182/97 consistently which I guess is pretty high. I have not given up fast food...yet and I eat a lot of frozen dinners (not helpful in the sodium department either) but I would like to get my membership back from the gym. I did however start to ween myself off of caffeine which is difficult (lots of head aches). I am glad to hear though that your doctor's visit went well. :) I would like to spend a good year (starting on my birthday) making (hopefully permanent) healthy changes in my life and after a year, I would like to go back to college for physical fitness and also get a degree in nutrition.

...I will say that a juicy burger from applebees does sound really good right now! :P And a hell of a lot healthier then MacDonald! I was thinking the other day about taco bell. It makes me wonder about the contents of a burger from McDonald. :huh:

not if you get the under 500 calories meal and can only eat half of it....

there are so many ways to eat out and still not eat shit....

but i know what you are saying if all a person eats is burgers and steaks... its not healthy...

I'll just say speaking from my mother's experience, she gained weight when she ate the under 500 calories meals at Applebees. Even though they are under 500 calories, they still have alot of sodium.

It makes me wonder about the contents of a burger from McDonald. :huh:

I remember Burger King changing their recipe for french fries years ago. I thought to myself, "how can you change potatoes in oil?" Now I know that what they changed was the chemical additives that induce addiction to keep you coming back. They were playing around with the flavor so you couldn't taste the chemicals.

SO i am an AWFUL fat person....... I mean other than being Fat, i've got not a single one of the 'usual' ailments that MD's expect fat people to have.

<snip>

That's because you are exercising...keep it up!

My wife (also rubenesque) has been reading up lately on the manufacturing of the obesity epidemic....the first thing is that the optimum weight tables are biased too low, and the second thing is that there's a whole "diet" food industry making $$$ of you thinking you are FAT!

I remember Burger King changing their recipe for french fries years ago. I thought to myself, "how can you change potatoes in oil?" Now I know that what they changed was the chemical additives that induce addiction to keep you coming back. They were playing around with the flavor so you couldn't taste the chemicals.

Most of the chemicals in fast-food fries are added for preservation. Obviously, fast-food restaurants do not make anything from scratch and must rely on highly processed frozen food transports. There is also a large quantity of hydrogenated oils in fast-food. It did not use to be like this though. They use to every morning cut the potatoes into french fries and use coconut oil for cooking. The change in recipe occurred to save money and reach larger profits.

Food addiction can occur with salt and trans fat. Fast-food french fries usually contain large amounts of these. Food addictions can be much like drug addictions, but I am pretty sure they do not sneak nicotine or heroin into the french fries.

I too am an awful fat person lol. The only things wrong with me were the cause of my weight gain, rather than caused by the weight. Even the fibromyalgia was caused by low thyroid hormones and nutrient deficiency due to poor absorption, again from the lack of thyroid hormone. My mean glucose is 91, blood pressure is 110/70, cholesterol is normal, no breathing disturbances. Once the thyroid medicine begins working full force I'll be the healthiest fat person I know, besides you :) Funny thing is that I got really skinny right before my thyroid pooped out... kinda like when those fountain fireworks are at their end they blow out this full force torch of fire right before they sputter out... that was me. Yay for genetic thyroid disorder... not lol. I eat very healthfully and have been cautious for many years about what I take in, as well as exercise and I think that makes all the difference. Granted, I've not always been chubby... I've been typically a reasonably lean fit person, and it is only a recent thing due to the metabolism disruption, but my vitals and cbc bloodwork indicate I am super healthy. Fat women are supposed to have too much estrogen and all that as well... not me! I could use more... I'm a hair away from needing replacement for those hormones too lol! I think quite possibly the reason I got fat is because my body was trying to protect me from itself while everything like nutrients and hormones were getting depleted. Fat cells make estrogen, imagine if I were thin... I would have probably gone into full blown menopause or something. And I agree that the weight charts are drastically off. Medically speaking, my lower end ideal is 158 lbs, and upper is 170. The chart says I'm overweight at 164 lbs. Uh, maybe if I had a small bone frame or something. My bones are so sturdy I've never broken one, only hairline cracked a hip falling down some stairs. My hands are larger (though thinner) than many men I encounter. That, and I have a very large bust, which I'm sure adds 5 lbs to whatever I "should weigh". When I'm skinny it's a minimum of D/DD cup. At this point it's F, and I think the chart should take bust size into account. Above average women in that department will weigh more because of increased amounts of breast tissue, and breasts are not all fat cells, the mammary glands make up a lot of that space. It fails to account for bone structure too... a frail small boned person will not weigh what a sturdy boned person would. Meh, anyway it's 3 AM... Congrats Sarah for being healthy! Goin to bed now...

Congrats on living a healthier lifestyle! My fiance and I recently just purchased a gym membership and have started to eat better. We're not huge people by any means, at the most were a little overweight, (10-20 lbs) but we've quit eating mcdonalds and crap like that because we want to avoid the health problems we would've faced had we continued our lifestyle of no exercise/eat fast food all the time.

BTW, theres no reason to call yourselves awful fat people, you can love who you are even if you're not as happy about your appearance, I know I'm no 10 on the looks scale but I still feel a 10, and so should you!

Sarah and I meant we're apparently not any good at being fat people lol... we don't seem to conform to the health model fat people are supposed to fit in. Neither of us have high blood pressure or any of the other things that are supposed to plague the overweight. We have the health of thin people, but just happen to have extra fat stores. Don't worry, I know I'm hot stuff lol! I don't know what Sarah looks like IRL but I'm sure she is too ^_^

Sarah and I meant we're apparently not any good at being fat people lol... we don't seem to conform to the health model fat people are supposed to fit in. Neither of us have high blood pressure or any of the other things that are supposed to plague the overweight. We have the health of thin people, but just happen to have extra fat stores. Don't worry, I know I'm hot stuff lol! I don't know what Sarah looks like IRL but I'm sure she is too ^_^

Oh lol, I misunderstood you. Well I'm glad you two are healthy, and that's really all that matters, except of course having confidence in yourselves, which you seem to have a lot of. :thumbsup:

but just wanted to say.... Its amazing what just giving up fast food can do for ones health...

First...others have made some comments but I want to talk about "AWFUL fat person"...I don't know how 'fat' you are, but from what I've known about you, you certainly are NOT 'AWFUL'! You are a WONDERFUL person! :D

I'm very glad that you are healthy! Also glad that you steer away from 'fast food' - I went to a McDonalds once last year out of desperation and couldn't believe how HORRIBLE the food tasted!! I hadn't been in years and will try not to return.

I'm not horribly fat - but I am carrying almost 30 pounds I wouldn't mind loaning to someone else. For me exercise is one key and limiting portions is another. Sadly, I seem willing to do neither. At a time when I did exercise I was able to get rid of my cholesterol medications.

If you want to lose weight, I hope you are able to find healthy ways to do it. But again, I insist you are NOT an AWFUL person in any sense that I know of!!

First...others have made some comments but I want to talk about "AWFUL fat person"...I don't know how 'fat' you are, but from what I've known about you, you certainly are NOT 'AWFUL'! You are a WONDERFUL person! :D

I'm very glad that you are healthy! Also glad that you steer away from 'fast food' - I went to a McDonalds once last year out of desperation and couldn't believe how HORRIBLE the food tasted!! I hadn't been in years and will try not to return.

I'm not horribly fat - but I am carrying almost 30 pounds I wouldn't mind loaning to someone else. For me exercise is one key and limiting portions is another. Sadly, I seem willing to do neither. At a time when I did exercise I was able to get rid of my cholesterol medications.

If you want to lose weight, I hope you are able to find healthy ways to do it. But again, I insist you are NOT an AWFUL person in any sense that I know of!!

Please see my most recent post above...

I know you were just saying you weren't good at being fat because you're healthy...I just had to say something about the word "AWFUL" because I do think you're pretty wonderful. That's all...

• 2 weeks later...

Dude I don't want to hijack the thread, and I'm not THAT knowledgeable in the medical dept. That said if you are 182/97 at 23, you better get back on it if you want to see 30. Good news the blood pressure meds will also make you pee a lot!

Well it is always good to go to the doctors and get a good report. :) I am glad that your healthy, that is important and your a good influence here. ^_^ Since I quit smoking, I have gained 60 pounds and I have high blood pressure (runs in the family too.) i was keeping track of my blood pressure but quit. when i was though (two weeks ago) I think I read ...182/97 consistently which I guess is pretty high. I have not given up fast food...yet and I eat a lot of frozen dinners (not helpful in the sodium department either) but I would like to get my membership back from the gym. I did however start to ween myself off of caffeine which is difficult (lots of head aches). I am glad to hear though that your doctor's visit went well. :) I would like to spend a good year (starting on my birthday) making (hopefully permanent) healthy changes in my life and after a year, I would like to go back to college for physical fitness and also get a degree in nutrition.

...I will say that a juicy burger from applebees does sound really good right now! :P And a hell of a lot healthier then MacDonald! I was thinking the other day about taco bell. It makes me wonder about the contents of a burger from McDonald. :huh:

I've got 122/76 blood pressure

My random and fasting glucoses have always been around the 80's

and now, two years after giving up fast food and joining the gym, my cholesterol is back in the normal range!!!!

see... awful awful fat person...

I also don't have arthritis, any myalgias or arthaligias,

I don't have sleep apnea

I don't have breathing problems, or edema, or anything of that kind...

I'm just the worst kind of fat person..... the healthy kind!!!!

but just wanted to say.... Its amazing what just giving up fast food can do for ones health... i mean we still eat out, the closest we get to fast food its like apple bees, i still eat burger,s fries etc.... but just not eating mcdonalds, wendy's arbys burger king carls jr.... and its gone down!

I have all the health problems of a "fat" person ... and I'm scrawny! :P Let's trade, we can balance things out a bit.

As for the fast food thing, it's all in your head. ;) Honestly, they do use the same ingredients you get at the grocery store, only fresher.

Sure!!!! we can trade weights and heights for a while if you want!!!!!!! that would be fantastic!!!

I just started on the slimfast 3-2-1 plan, not for a long term diet or anything, but as a short term way to 1. reduce my caloric intake in a way that is easy to count and 2. to help jump start my metabolism...

its actually a LOT of eating... 6 times a day... and for me.... thats going to be the biggest challenge, remembering to eat when i'm supposed to!!!...

but i actually like the taste of the slim fast drinks (i know i know... call me crazy)... and there are so many < 100 calorie options out there for snacks, i'll have plenty of variety just in fruits/veggies alone.... and I can still satisfy my sweet craving with things like 100 calorie packs.

hopefully after a few weeks my body will have gotten back into a good rhythym and i'll be able to not need to do the shakes and stuff.... cause the 3-2-1 plan is based on 1200 calories a day...

anyway, i'll update on hwo it works for me in case anyone is thinking about doing it....

Glad to hear things are going well in terms of blood pressure, chol etc. Calling yourself awful is a little tough on yourself, but at least you understand the issues and aren't trying to hide from them.

Being over weight statistically reduces your life expectancy. When you are younger, most say...so what! When you get older and realize 5 years is 5 years....you sober up. There is no hidden medical agenda to get fake any facts about the impacts of being over weight. All your tests may well look good, but that doesn't mean your heart isn't working harder than it needs to.

The best analogy I heard from a physician was think of it like you would buying a truck. If you were looking at two identical used trucks, and one had been used to tow a boat its entire life (carrying twice its weight), while the other hadn't, which would you think would be more likely to have transmission etc issues (assuming they were both taken care of identically)? Just because both trucks test fine doesn't mean the one that has towed the boat won't have a severe tranmission failure WELL before the other one.

They aren't making up these statistics!

Good for ya Sarah!

I'm glad I lost my weight! Now I just need to keep my eyes out so I don't find it again!!!!!