LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Abu New Diaper!

People, people.

This same debate raged for over a year when Bambinos first hit the market, now it is pretty much accepted by everyone that they are Secure brand diapers with slightly different features... made in the same factory on the same machine. Y'all have to realize how these machines work. The tape landing strip, outer shell and inner liner all come on big rolls. If you want to change how the diaper looks you simply swap the roll out for something different, in this case something with prints. The amount of fill, sizing and tape locations can all be adjusted when the machine is programmed.

Secure and Bambino share one machine, as do ABU's Cushies and SDK.

From all appearances this new ABU product is being made on the same machine that Secure and Bambino use. Merely altering features of an already-existing product is a great way to expand your product line without investing R&D money on a totally new product. It would seem sensible for ABU to get something similar to Bambino/Secure, but I am just curious as to what the folks behind Bambino/Secure hope to gain by letting another company in on their business.

Unless Bambino is setting up to eventually buy out ABU, which may not be a bad thing considering ABU's less-than-sterling reputation.

• Like 1

It looks exactly like the Secure Plus that I used to wear (Down to the odd blue-greenish trim). O_O It also doesn't look any "thicker" than the X-Plus. It just looks like it has a deeper slope in the crotch to me.

Exactly. The only reason the crotch looks different is because of the position the diaper was in when I took the photo (of the Secure X-Plus). I can't believe people don't believe this is the same product.

I think LuvsGirl has a really excellent explanation that might make sense to a lot of people. If anything, just the fact that it did have a Secure waist panel on it is proof that it was made in the same factory, on the same machines.

I'd like to think that they'd maybe add in some SAP or fluff to make it thicker but I think that the fact that Secures/Bambinos are the thickest they have sold from that factory is a good indicator that they won't be any thicker then anything on the market today.

• Like 1

Exactly. The only reason the crotch looks different is because of the position the diaper was in when I took the photo (of the Secure X-Plus). I can't believe people don't believe this is the same product.

I think LuvsGirl has a really excellent explanation that might make sense to a lot of people. If anything, just the fact that it did have a Secure waist panel on it is proof that it was made in the same factory, on the same machines.

I'd like to think that they'd maybe add in some SAP or fluff to make it thicker but I think that the fact that Secures/Bambinos are the thickest they have sold from that factory is a good indicator that they won't be any thicker then anything on the market today.

Honestly, it's not a bad thing that they're using the old Secure Plus as a model. They were a GREAT diaper and a lot better than the current Secure Plus, in my eye.

Well slap my ass and call me suzy! I for one am excited! If this IS real then I can't wait. I've been reluctant to try the old new abu because I was content with my teddy bambinos but now I'm tempted to try these when they come out. Looks GREAT! and VERY babyish. Plus if it holds what they claim it will then it'll be the perfect diaper for me! I love a THICK and thirsty diaper, the comfortable shape and cute design are just pluses for me. But either way, I hope plastic backing NEVER goes away in our little universe. I'm hoping with the next generation of DL coming, who grew up on cloth like covers, we won't see a shift in desire.

maybe the sizing will be accurate? i fit a size large in every other diaper brand out there... but the cushi larges hardly even get around my waist!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that issue.

If they were supposively made on the same machine as Secure's diaper - I am doubting it - then wouldn't there have to be an agreement between Secure and ABU? Somehow, maybe I am wrong, I doubt it but I could be wrong :-)

The numbers on secure plus I believe are to aid in diapering and sizing. If the tape tabs land on certain spots of the design it indicates a need to switch to a smaller/larger diaper.

The numbers on secure plus I believe are to aid in diapering and sizing. If the tape tabs land on certain spots of the design it indicates a need to switch to a smaller/larger diaper.

As a long time Secure wearer I can argue with this. They represent the absorbency. Not so much now that the tape panels are different but in their second form (after Secures stopped being an all blue diaper), the X-Plus had 3, Plus had 2 and the basic briefs had 1. In between the rows of number circles was a row of circles that had "L" "M" or "S" depending on size, color-coded. I personally used to buy small Secure Pluses all the time and now I stick with Medium Secure X-Plus but I don't have any of the Pluses on hand to verify this.

Well I for one will not be trying them due to the high cost. I recieved a pre-order for members only email. While the diaper will not ship until June 2011 the cost is crazy a cas of 100 medium diapers is $299.91. A ten pack is $31.85, 20 pack is $62.99, 30 pack is $93.60, 40 pack is $123.60 and a 50 pack is $153.50. No diaper is worth that kind of money in my opinion and I love my disposable diapers.

Has anyone else seen the video here? I could easily see how it could be faked, but it does look impressive.

http://www.abuniverse.com/products/fabineexclusive.asp

Pretty much confirms what I thought, really, if the only way to make it absorb 4 litres is to spread it flat on a table and carefully pour water over the entire surface of the padding, it's not a usable capacity by any measure and the real, useful capacity will be much, much less.

That no water pressed out was impressive but I suspect that means a very high proportion of SAP to pulp so I hope they've made sure to keep enough pulp to maintain sufficient wicking and structural integrity of the padding.

Also, it's worth pointing out that we don't see in the vid how much water they added to each. If I wanted to prove a new diaper I was selling soaked up 4 litres in the face of much scepticism, I might have shown that part of the process. Just sayin' :P

As a long time Secure wearer I can argue with this. They represent the absorbency. Not so much now that the tape panels are different but in their second form (after Secures stopped being an all blue diaper), the X-Plus had 3, Plus had 2 and the basic briefs had 1. In between the rows of number circles was a row of circles that had "L" "M" or "S" depending on size, color-coded. I personally used to buy small Secure Pluses all the time and now I stick with Medium Secure X-Plus but I don't have any of the Pluses on hand to verify this.

Why does my medium have both a 1 and a 3 on it then? :P

I can provide a digital photo if you'd like, but you really only need to look at the entire panel. You are fully incorrect.

(Also a long-time secure user. I've been wearing Secure roughly since you were in 5th grade and the only size that has ever had only one number (a 2) on it is small)

Edit: Picture:

iphonepics122.jpg

That would be a 3 on the left and a 1 on the right. That should settle that.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my gosh!!! This diaper looks amazing. I'd definitely pay the $3 per diaper. Why not, it'll last all day. 1 abena or bambino easily cost $1.50 and you need about 3 in a day. Plus this has a beautiful pastel colored baby print which is typical of a baby diaper of today. The purple on the Cushies is a little over the top but the print on this is very accurate and good. The print is spaced out nicely. Wow!! Can't wait to get them.

You guys that are complaining about the price and what not need to sit down and think about what you're asking for when it comes to a diaper and how much it's going to cost. Be realistic. You're not going to get a super, super absorbent, baby print diaper, with all the features of a great diaper for some amazing price like 50cents or even a dollar. Crappy depends can easily cost a buck a unit. Before you whine about the price, look what you're getting. It's a no brainer to me, even if the capacity results may be a little stretched. Who cares, look at them, look what you get. All the other, well, it's a this diaper, or they used this or that....WHO CARES about the who, what, when, where and how. It's not an investigation here. It's a kick butt looking, highly absorbent diaper that one of the brave companies who support and bring to us many diaper products, is sticking their neck out for to provide us. Take it at face value. I'll be making an order and not worrying about the other hoopla!!!