LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Medical Procedure W/Anesthesia, Diapers?

So here's an interesting one I don't recall seeing discussed here. In a couple of weeks at the age of 40+ I get to be anesthetized for the first time. No biggie, just a tooth-pulling at the dentist with nitrous oxide, but it's the 1st time I've ever gone through such a thing and I'm pretty nervous.

Like others here, one thing that can help make me less nervous is wearing a diaper. But I'm worried that while I'm "out of it", I might let something embarrassing slip re what I'm wearing - normally something I'd never do. I have absolutely no desire to be "discovered".

Just wondering if anyone has ever been in this situation before or otherwise have any words of wisdom?

Oh and before the lectures start about "involving others in our fetish", yes diapers are at times a fetish for me. But this is not one of those times, trust me, I've already given that long consideration. This is about emotional, and to a lesser extent physical, comfort.

Go for it. What's under your jeans is of no concern to your dentist and if it helps you be calmer, that's for the better although the nitrous oxide should help with that :P...

I have to have a 4x wisdom tooth extraction sometime soon (procrastinating it :lol:) and I'm a very nervous dental patient too. The chances of me not being safely diapered during that appointment are pretty much zero :)

Guest dragonmaster4066

even if the dentist finds out what you are wearing, he can't tell anyone. doctor/patient confidentiality. i would be more worried about who would be taking care of me after the dentist, i.e. the friend or who ever is going to take you home and care for you until the medications wear off. if that person already knows, then have no fear. if not, thats when it would be more likely to get known.

just to clarify thats sedation not anesthesia... anesthesia requires being intibated to help you breath, nitrous just sedates you...

but anyway..... funny enough when i had my wisdom teeth out i actually had a slight fear that while i was out i would like pee my pants or something.... the oral surgeon told me he's only seen it happen once, and that was someone who already had bladder control issues. Basically he told me to use the restroom just before they take me back, and i'll be fine.... and I was....

but when you are sedated, you don't move.... at all... you just lie there and the oral surgeon will move your head however he needs.. but as thats ALL he's moving, do'nt see why your diapers would even show..... just wear pants that properly fit over it, and maybe tuck a shirt in just in case... or wear a onesie underneath....

I've also had nitrous oxide when having teeth pulled and they tell you not to eat or drink any thing X amount of time before the apointment with the exception of a little bit of watter.

He (or she, not likely) will not know you are diapered. They will have no reason for their hands to go ner your waist area, unless he drops something and it lands on your diapered area and it crinkles a bit while he picks it up. But even so, why would they dentist care? He wouldn't. It's his job. So.....yea. And its better because something worse than a fart may slip out and you will want to protect that chair.

I've also had nitrous oxide when having teeth pulled and they tell you not to eat or drink any thing X amount of time before the apointment with the exception of a little bit of watter.

ohh yes good point, mine was also a first thing in hte morning appointment, so they just told me,... don't eat breakfast... and don't eat or drink after midnight, unless you know you need to for medication purposes..... forgot about that....

I am diapered 24/7 so I have been to the dentist many a time wearing a diaper. I know they know I wear diapers. I have seen the looks and the eye gestures from the hygienists to the dentist on more than one occasion. however they have never asked me about them or why I wear them.

Last year I had seven teeth surgically removed, including my wisdom teeth... I had been wearing 24/7 at that time and so naturally I wore a diaper while I was sedated. The only embarrassing part of that was that I wore a onesie and they wanted to put some little sensor on my stomach and I had to explain why he couldn't exactly put it there. It wasn't a huge deal because he put it on my leg instead. So just be aware that they place sensors on your chest and stomach area so you will have to pull up your shirt. (I don't know what the sensors are called or what they're even for.. but they are the round white kind that just stick to you.)

they are to monitor your heart... because youa re being sedated it would be very easy to give a person to much and their heart could stop.. or slow ot dangerous levels....

every person has a different tolerance to the sedative... and if someone has never been sedated it could cause an adverse reaction not known to anyone before hand....

I have worn to the dentist and I wasn't the smartest because I picked a diaper that is really thick on me. I had even worn tights to help make them less noticeable. They didn't know -to the best of my knowledge that is. I would say don't get too nervous about the diapers, because if you're wearing, you might be more prone to walking funny because you're afraid they might notice otherwise...

I do know the fear of accidentally telling them though. When I am coming out of having been asleep after a stomach scope, I usually can't remember what it is I've blabbed on about when I wake up the first time. I'm always afraid I might say something, and well when I wake up and am actually alert and they tell me they already asked the questions earlier, I mentally scream because they don't tell me what they asked or what I said. :( It's sort of scary. However i highly doubt you will say anything. When I had my wisdom teeth removed I didn't say anything. I just started pulling out the cotton balls they put in and almost pulled out the stitches while at it. Lol.

I know someone who was in an accident, and part of the emergency treatment was sodium pentathol :whistling: And just like you hear, it made him blab about everything :blush: He said he knew what he was saying but he just couldn't stop :huh: The only problem was that his Mom was there at the time and he told her about his every little mistake from his first memory- very embarassing :o !!!

NOX isn't like that. I've done loads of it recreationally in the past (all clean now) and it does make you want to say things that are funny, but you can control that so you don't blab what you don't want to :angel_not: Don't worry about it- unless you're highly compelled to share your secret with your dentist!

Bettypooh

just to clarify thats sedation not anesthesia... anesthesia requires being intibated to help you breath, nitrous just sedates you...

but anyway..... funny enough when i had my wisdom teeth out i actually had a slight fear that while i was out i would like pee my pants or something.... the oral surgeon told me he's only seen it happen once, and that was someone who already had bladder control issues. Basically he told me to use the restroom just before they take me back, and i'll be fine.... and I was....

but when you are sedated, you don't move.... at all... you just lie there and the oral surgeon will move your head however he needs.. but as thats ALL he's moving, do'nt see why your diapers would even show..... just wear pants that properly fit over it, and maybe tuck a shirt in just in case... or wear a onesie underneath....

Just to clarify, Nitrous Oxide or N2O is an inhalation anesthetic.

My wife works in the dental field so I've asked about this and also I've had my wisdom teeth pulled too so I have some personal experience here too. It's not always true that they use nitrous also as the anesthetic. It depends on the type of procedure you're having done when teeth are extracted as some may be impacted or below the gums, and require more work and oral surgery. This was the case for me as they couldn't just "pull" the teeth. For me they used an IV to administer the drugs, not gas. For my procedure, I was awake at first of course, but once they started administering the anesthetic, they asked me to count back from ten. I only remember getting to 7. The thing is, under this form of anesthesia, you are sort of in an awake state, but you just don't know it. The Doctors can ask you to open your mouth and they even can have conversations with you. You just don't feel the pain. It has been said it's like truth serium and as some of the doctors have said, "you here some pretty interesting stuff." Personal details, cheating, you name it, it's probably been said. You may tell them under this anesthesia, "hey, I'm in a diaper!" They don't tell you what you said though but I've heard stories where the patient will have the doctors just rolling. Better probably not to know. In my procedure as well, I woke up about 15-30 minutes after I was done, in a different room on a cot. I walked there with assistance, but just don't remember and they said that's common. They definately said, we're not going to carry you. So, it's kinda wierd, your alert enough, talking, but just aren't there, like being drunk I suppose. Again, depends on you procedure but you're doctor will go over what type you'll be having and what form of anesthesia you'll be under before the operation.

Just remember, if you're under like me, you may just flat out talk about the diaper you have on, and it may be showing the whole time and you won't know and won't care in the least. You may just wake up in the other room with your diaper exposed. The doctors and staff aren't going to post it on facebook but you may be a little bashful around them after that. Just an FYI.

Like Sarah said, pee right before the procedure and you'll be fine as you won't have that much in your body anyway, so even if you did pee, it'll be a little bit. Not much to worry about.

You will be OK. What is really fun is when they wheel you into the OR with nothing on but a hospital gown and diaper!

So here's an interesting one I don't recall seeing discussed here. In a couple of weeks at the age of 40+ I get to be anesthetized for the first time. No biggie, just a tooth-pulling at the dentist with nitrous oxide, but it's the 1st time I've ever gone through such a thing and I'm pretty nervous.

Like others here, one thing that can help make me less nervous is wearing a diaper. But I'm worried that while I'm "out of it", I might let something embarrassing slip re what I'm wearing - normally something I'd never do. I have absolutely no desire to be "discovered".

Just wondering if anyone has ever been in this situation before or otherwise have any words of wisdom?

Oh and before the lectures start about "involving others in our fetish", yes diapers are at times a fetish for me. But this is not one of those times, trust me, I've already given that long consideration. This is about emotional, and to a lesser extent physical, comfort.

weird, i had my wisdom teeth taken out at the dentists office, in the dentist chair.... and wasn't taken anywhere else to recover... i woke up in that chair where i went to sleep....

no real 'recovery' period just some time to get oriented enough so i could walk..... in the clothes i went in with on...

and why in gods name would a dentist be dropping a tool by your crotch?? i mean thats like a good 1 1/2 -2 feet away from your mouth! hes got no business having his hands anywhere near there!!!!!

I'm incontinent and have worn a diaper 24/7 for many years, including to dental and medical appointments. I don't know and dont really care whether my dentist knows. Certainly doctor who has ever given me a physical exam knows.

Because I'm dentist phobic, I always have nitrous oxide for any dental work that I have done. In my experience, there is nothing to worry about insofar as saying embarrassing things. I've also worn myndiaper for a couple of medical procedures where I was really to sleep. The doctors and nurses who looked after me certainly knew about the diaper, but they handled it very professionally.