LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Toys As A Chronological Child = Correlation To Ab Or Dl Later In Life?

Codymoogle

I've been wondering, do you think there's a relation to any of the toys you played with or desired to have as a chronological child, to you being an AB and/or DL (as well as variations such as Advanced Baby, innerchild, etc) now?

I think there might be for me. I specifically remember wanting to play with toys that were highly "age inappropriate" for my chronological age (such as baby toys when I was in grade school). Looking back on it, it also seems that a good portion of my toys were also infantile in one form or another. Many were designed to be that way to encourage a "nuturing" quality in a child, but even still...I think the identification was there. A few examples:

I was given loads of Barbie dolls. Most of the Barbies ended up being nude, decapitated, and/or de-limbed...and the Ken dolls were usually just left nude...But the "younger" Barbie dolls (the ones that were pre-teen and younger, girl or boy) were always left as they were, with clothing, limbs, and heads. There had to of been something going on, and I don't think it was a phase or a coincidence.

I once had a purple gorilla plushie. He was small, probably about the size my palm is now. He had a design in which he could suck his thumb. My older sister had a blue one, and she took no interest in hers...but I used to take my gorilla (I don't recall his name, in fact I don't think I ever gave him one) and secretly suck my thumb, too, when I was alone.

Maybe it's random and in actuality, totally unrelated, but it seems interesting now.

~ moogle

Well i did have my teddy bear (that my sister ripped his had off), turtles, transformers, legos, and stuff like that i still play with my nephew, but i don't think that made me like a DL. I think it was when my mom told me i poop my pants when i was 5 once in a while that got me into this.

I played with hot wheels until I was 11 or 12 when we moved to an apartment where my room was too small to hold all my cars and since we were upstairs, there was no patio to play with outside. Soon after, I got a PS2 and didn't really play with my cars again. I still have em, all 3-5 thousand.

as for influencing my being AB, no, I think its the opposite, I want to play with them more now that I accept myself as an AB

All my life I did have more stuffed animals then usual. This makes sense though because they were more affordable than regular toys. I got a stuffed lion for 10 cents from a garage sale across the street from me when I was 7. I still have and sleep with it for simple reason my arm needs elevated at night. As for closer relevance to your question I did always want a care bear as a kid but never had one. And i do actually still enjoy the original cartoon and have 2 of the songs on my ipod. Then in 2001 when they re-released the care bear toys I bought a few and when I got home I wanted to open one but my bro was like no way. He thought I was saving em, alas h gave em to a friend's lil kid about 2-3 yrs later.

I played with dolls long after it was socially acceptable to do so, and I was still asking for baby dolls at Christmas when I was 12 or 13. My parents were fine with it and obliged me. In fact, I think my mother enjoyed that I still wanted cheap toys while my younger sister had moved onto wanting more expensive items. I redid my bedroom when I was 14 and gave it a Disney Princess theme, and again, my parents were fine with it. I still have the decorations, sheets, lamps, etc. up and no one gives me a hard time. I've always slept with a baby blanket and teddy bear, even before I became active as an AB.

• Like 1

i remember my absolute favourite toy when i was like kindergarten through second grade was a 3 inch long, 1 inch wide, 1 inch thick block of wood painted forest green.

our parents would hide this block and the rest of the day my brother and i would go looking for it..... honest to god best way to spend a rainy day....

we had the 'usual' toys, lincoln logs, legos, i had barbies and baby dolls, we had army men, and he man... but we always prefered to play outside.... baseball, basketball, volleyballl etc...

I was always an imaginary kid to and had crazy ocd lol... i would spend hours lining up pennies using various 'rules'......

but in answer to the OP... for me, i don't think it did...

I have all my toy cars, trucks, and my stuffed whales. My whales get more attention than the trucks due to the fact I live in a small apartment. If I can get a bigger apartment, I plan on having a set play area for me and my toys. I also have a lot of video game systems that I play with and mess around with.

When I was younger, I used to make play cities in my room for my cars and stuff and pretend scenes from CHiPs or whatever shows I was into at that time.

I still have my toy cars, and I still buy toy cars when I find ones I like. I love it when I find Ford Crown Vic police cars, Dodge Charger PD cars, and what have you.

BabyChris121675

If anything my toys were above my chronological age as I grew up because I loved absorbing, detailed, complicated toys. Lots of construction toys - Lego, K'Nex, Meccano (aka Erector Set), Puzz-3D and stuff like that. I also made lots of Airfix models and played lots of video games (I loved my SNES to death too :)) The only soft toys I had as I grew older were the traditional 'favourite teddies from your toddler years' that live in the back of everybody's wardrobe somewhere :)

One time that I can remember, I was given a toy by a fairly close relative that was a good few years below my chronological age and I was quite offended :lol: It was something probably suited to an 8-10yo when I was about 14. So no, I don't think that the toys I played with influenced my AB tendencies or reflect them for that matter.

I remember loving dolls, plushies and my doll house. It all changed when I turned 12, I had a friend over and she laughed at the fact I still played with dolls, so I threw them all out. All of them. My Granddad made me this really lovely doll house with working lights and everything for my 12th birthday, I LOVED it but thought my friends would think I was a baby so it got put up in the attic, my mum later sold it.

I remember being 15 and going to the toy shop with my pocket money and buying a doll, I hid it in my cupboard and played with it when no one was in.

Now I don't care, I have a room full of dolls, plushies and toys, all my friends and family know I love kids toys, no one cares, people think its cute. ;) I also have a hello kitty basket on my bike and take a hello kitty lunch box to work.... Tehehehe

When I was 12 I secretly bought a ring toy. You know the one, it has different size rings on a peg and a rocker bottom, all glorious bright colors. I would sit for hours and play with it, and suck on the plastic rings. Eventually my nanny/nurse caught me with it and put it away with the baby toys for my cousins when they visited in the summer. I got it out two times after that, and after she left I kept it hidden in my room. I still play with one, scattering the rings, crawling around and picking them up, sucking on them, and putting them on the peg in different orders. I would definitely say that yes, that toy has some connection to my years in the playpen.

I had many toys suitable to/above my chronological age, but at the same time I had many that were intented for kids younger than I was, and these were usually my favourite. I used to do baby jigsaws up untill I was about 5/6. All the toys I had as a toddler were kept in my room, and I used to play with them secretly for years, some of them untill I was at least 10. Even when I first got a PS2, when I was 11, most of the games I used to play were the ones aimed at really young kids. I din't like most of the games that were 8 plus.

I always loved preschool and toddler toys . even when I was a teenager I happily pored over toy catalogs especially the toys r usone put out at christmas time .

when I was eight i begged for a touch ntell but they all said it was for little kids and i would get bored with it . I played with dolls and plushies at all my childhood and still do .it wasn't until middle school that i was seen as different by the other kids and teachers .I liked pretending i was a dog or cat. I was sent to a counselor who had blocks and a doll house and i spent most of the visit playing with them and she said to my mom this is not normal fourteen year old behavior . And my aunts were upset that i didn't want to go clothes shopping and spent the money they gave me on a brio train.

The biggest difference between what i played with then and what i do now is that now i can buy what i want my self.

• 2 months later...

I played with toys, barbies, dolls and other toys long after it would be considered socially accectable as well. I remember how I would play with my baby dolls for hours. I also loved to play outside with friends and had a very big imagination. I still have a big imagination. I wish I still had some of my toys from childhood.