LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Blood In Diaper

This isn't diaper related really, as i wasn't wearing a diaper when this happened. I had gone to the toilet (yikes!) to use number 2 and found blood in my poop when I got up to flush. Later after a diaper change I found blood in the seat of my diaper. Is this normal? Probably a stupid question, it sounds serious. My best guess is that I strain myself too much when I poop (I actually do push pretty hard sometimes). And it has lately been really hard and painful. SHould I get this looked at? Thanks for any help!

You need to see a Dr soon. Blood in your stool can be the start of colon cancer, if it is caught early it is survivable. Hopefully it is nothing that extreme but i wouldn't want to take.a chance if I were you.

• Like 1

This,

If it's blood on the toilet paper or blotches on the surface of the diaper, it's usually nothing. If your fecal matter is actually red or black, that's serious. From what I understand, red is bleeding in your intestines and black is bleeding in your stomach.

and this.

You need to see a Dr soon. Blood in your stool can be the start of colon cancer, if it is caught early it is survivable. Hopefully it is nothing that extreme but i wouldn't want to take.a chance if I were you.

To summarize, if there's blood when you wipe, it's nothing. In fact, that's generally the sign of a hemorrhoid/hemorrhoids, which will heal on its/there own, provided that you stop straining. One way to actually cause hemorrhoids to worsen is to strain when you're going to the bathroom. If something's not ready to come out, don't force it.

On the other hand, if there's blood in the stool itself, you need to make a doctor's appointment today. Crimson/red blood in your stool indicates intestinal bleeding, and can be a sign of colon cancer or other serious illness. If the blood appears black in the stool, kind of like carbon for a lack of a better term, that's from bleeding in your stomach and can be equally serious. I normally don't post in this section of the forum, and I only saw this post on the main forum page, but I'm glad that I did.

You might want to use a toilet the next time you have a bowel movement. If you're bleeding in your stool, it will generally be noticeable in the toilet, if your bleeding when you wipe, your stools will look normal in the toilet, and it'll only be after wiping that you notice any blood. If your stool appears normal, don't strain, wipe gently with a wet wipe, and see if you're bleeding in a day or two. If you aren't, you had a hemorrhoid/hemorrhoids, likely caused by straining and vigorous wiping. If you're still bleeding though, see a doctor immediately. There's a good chance that this is just a hemorrhoid, but if it's not, this isn't something that you want to take a chance with.

Also, I should note that one other way to develop a hemorrhoid is to have a "violent" bowel movement. Not long ago I had a rather rough series of bowel movements myself. I became incredibly sore from them, and while wiping I noticed some blood on the wipe. A day later, after the violent bowel movements stopped, there wasn't any blood at all. Also, if you wipe and the blood appears to be "running," that's serious and you need to see the doctor immediately. if the blood is "spotting" (appearing in spots as you wipe,) that's likely a hemorrhoid, and you can wait a day or two and see if it goes away before panicking.

I know this sounds gross, but how much blood was there? was there alot? a little? usually small bleeds with stool can be caused by hemroids. But if it was a significant amount of blood you could have a GI bleed, or GastroIntestinal Bleed, a much much much much more serious problem, either way go to your doctor, just to get everything checked out, it is most like hemroids, but you want to make sure.

Thanks for the replies! The blood wasn't in the stool itself, but when I went to wipe, the tissue was all bloody. Not a few drops but like I had just wiped up a pool of blood. Later, when changing the diaper, the blood in the seat was a good amount of blood, but I didn't notice I was bleeding at all. I am in pain somewhat, and think it might be because I strain too much. Also sometimes my poo is really firm and large and it takes a lot of hard pushing to get out completely. I haven't seen a doctor yet (which you think I should since I also have the flu) but I'm thinking about it.

Might also have an anal fissure I believe it's called. Basically your a-hole tore open a little bit from too hard a poops, or putting things up there or a variety of other reasons. Had one once. Was put on fiber pills to soften the stool. They heal up on there own. Not much you can do. Could also be hemorrhoids as one mentioned. You know your body, trust your instinct. If your concerned, go in.

The presence of blood, although scary, does not usually indicate a problem on its own. Blood in stools can be a result of everything from a small cut in the anal canal to colon cancer, and the diagnosis requires both history and associated complaints / problems.

Medical intervention is advisable, but not always necessary. Have you pain / breathing problems / other related problems that is causing this.

Splatters of blood that appears one day in a diaper is nothing to worry about, but if it persists, then seek medical help. If you are straining to poop, then your diet should be changed.

The human body is designed to get rid of poop in a way that is not self detrimental.

Thanks for the replies! The blood wasn't in the stool itself, but when I went to wipe, the tissue was all bloody. Not a few drops but like I had just wiped up a pool of blood. Later, when changing the diaper, the blood in the seat was a good amount of blood, but I didn't notice I was bleeding at all. I am in pain somewhat, and think it might be because I strain too much. Also sometimes my poo is really firm and large and it takes a lot of hard pushing to get out completely. I haven't seen a doctor yet (which you think I should since I also have the flu) but I'm thinking about it.

Diaperbrownie,what ever you do DONT WAIT TO LONG.We dont want to lose you and all those great replys you do.Even if i dont allways agree with you.

If you're 27, as your profile says, then it's probably nothing major. I've had bloody poops before, just from straining to hard and from hemorrhoids. It worried me alot at the time, but a colonoscopy 6 months later showed I was clean. (Especially after the prep you have to drink the night before!!)

That said, you should still get a doctor's opinion! Most Doc's don't recommend a colonoscopy until about age 45 - 50.

However, I have a co-worker who has had 3 colonoscopies since he turned 20. (He's 48 now) His doc pushed him to do

it because his dad AND grand dad both died young from colon cancer.

On the subject... There's NOTHING to fear about getting a colonoscopy. I've had 2. They put you under, so you don't feel a thing. The prep the night before is a little annoying. Don't plan on wandering to far from the toliet!

(This topic was sponsored by the letters "C, R, A, and P.")

:Crylol: from someone who knows. By the time you see blood in your stool caused by colon cancer, the disease is in an advanced stage and if you don't give it prompt medical attention you won't regret it long because dead people have no regrets :o Blood in the stool for over 24 hours with no obvious cause means GET TO THE DOCTOR NOW or you likely won't have a later.

Bettypooh

I just did my nighttime diaper change and there is still a good amount of blood in the diaper (I used #2 in the diaper this time if that helps.) I think I am straining to hard to poop. My anus muscles (whatever they are called) hurt like thye are sore. I think it's the straining.

Sounds like hemmorhoids or a bad diaper rash. Either way you need to stop wearing so often, and be more active, as sitting on your butt all the time will make these problems worse.

On the subject... There's NOTHING to fear about getting a colonoscopy. I've had 2. They put you under, so you don't feel a thing. The prep the night before is a little annoying. Don't plan on wandering to far from the toliet!

(This topic was sponsored by the letters "C, R, A, and P.")

My wife had one before=== She slept on the toilet :roflmao: