LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Differant Meal Every Night

Dont know how many of you like to cook but i love to.I am trying to do something i have never done befor.I am cooking a differant meal every night.I wrote down everything i like to eat for diner.It came out to 56 differant things.So far i am up to 30 meals.I have not eaten the same thing twice in a month.It just seemed like i was allways eating the same thing month after month.So thought id try this.The hardest thing is trying to make a single serving of some of the things.By the end of the month im gonna have one heck of a lot leftovers.So has anyone else ever done this?And to those who have not try it.

we try to eat differnt things each week, there are some meals like pasta w/ alfredo sauce and chicken, that we have once or twice every two weeks, simply because its easy to make...

There are only four of us who eat, but i always make enough for at least 6 or 8.... leftovers make great lunches at work the next day.

While I enjoy cooking I have never tried making something different every night. Hell I don't even cook something every night for dinner, sometimes I'll just have a peanut butter sandwich or bowl of cereal. Tonight, however, I did manage to not be lazy and cook something new using leftover chicken (one of those cooked roasted ones from Wal-Mart).

• olive oil

• diced carrot

• diced celery

• diced onion

• 2 cloves minced garlic

• 14oz can of chicken broth

• thyme

• parsley

• 1 cup uncooked rice

• 1 cup frozen peas

• 1 11oz can of cream of mushroom soup

• chopped up cooked chicken meat

Saute the mirepoix then add garlic and cook a few minutes. Add the broth and herbs and bring to boil. Add rice, reduce heat to low and cover. Stir once about every 5 minutes so rice does not burn for about 20 minutes or until rice is cooked. Add frozen peas, chicken, can of soup and season with salt and pepper and cook another 5 - 10 minutes or until everything is hot. You can eat it as is or use it as filling for a pot pie.

My Grandmother always fixed enough food for at-least four people. Then would fix two plates for the freezer & 1 plate each for her & Grandpa. Then if they wanted something different or time was short they could ZAP the frozen ones. :roflmao: She could cover the table with food in about 5 minutes. NO-ONE left her house hungery!!!:D

I love variety, however with my digestive issues I find it all too easy to become ill by eating the wrong thing :( And there's no one "wrong thing" <_< though I do know exactly what I have to avoid in two instances. It's just that sometimes I can eat certain things and sometimes the exact same thing doesn't go over well at all, and I don't know what it's going to do til a couple hours after eating :angry2: By staying with a boring diet I don't get sick, so that's what I usually do

I don't do a lot of cooking so I usually get something cheap from some restaurant- often McDarnits- to fill the hollow tummy :screwy: In the last 6 months I've tried only two new dishes- both from a Chinese restaurant near here that fits the budget :D Their Beef w/ Broccoli tasted wonderful, but 24 hours of misery told me "never again" :crybaby: But their House Special Lo-mein is exceptional, and as good as I've ever had, so adding just one to the "Edible" menu means a lot here :thumbsup:

Luckily I see Mom about once a week and get some variety there :wub: The worst part of my limited diet is having to face the same employees ordering the same thing on a very regular basis :blush: I'm sure they get a good laugh out of me after I'm gone but at least I'm eating solid food and not getting sick which is what matters most to me B)

Bettypooh

Cooking is sanity time for me. My wife teaches music in the late afternoon/early evening so I have plenty of time to get something nice on the table (I would love to serve her wearing a cute 1960's apron...). (BTW, she also teaches grade school and ends up doing at least an hour of teacher-related work each evening. Anyone who says "teachers have it easy...they get off at 3 each day" doesn't know any teachers. But I digress.)

I try and get something different on the table each night. The Food Network's web site is just loaded with starting points. I look at recipes as "suggestions" rather than a set of rules. Then again, I've been cooking for a LONG time, so I kind of know how to fiddle things without coming up with disaster-on-a-plate.

Last night is was pan sautéd cod finished in the oven with a penut/panko crust. Drizzled some menuier sacue on it. Cheddar/sour cream pan-cooked polenta on the side. Nice salad.

Tonight? Maybe some BBQ or some sort or another.

Cooking is sanity time for me. My wife teaches music in the late afternoon/early evening so I have plenty of time to get something nice on the table (I would love to serve her wearing a cute 1960's apron...). (BTW, she also teaches grade school and ends up doing at least an hour of teacher-related work each evening. Anyone who says "teachers have it easy...they get off at 3 each day" doesn't know any teachers. But I digress.)

I try and get something different on the table each night. The Food Network's web site is just loaded with starting points. I look at recipes as "suggestions" rather than a set of rules. Then again, I've been cooking for a LONG time, so I kind of know how to fiddle things without coming up with disaster-on-a-plate.

Last night is was pan sautéd cod finished in the oven with a penut/panko crust. Drizzled some menuier sacue on it. Cheddar/sour cream pan-cooked polenta on the side. Nice salad.

Tonight? Maybe some BBQ or some sort or another.

Thats just how i do it.I take a recipe and change it a bit and make it my owen

Well why not make a meal out of all the left overs,that way you are not going to be wasting a lot of good food and that would be something else new that you would have to eat. Or you could just cut down the amount of ingrediants that you are putting in to your meals.

I love variety, however with my digestive issues I find it all too easy to become ill by eating the wrong thing :( And there's no one "wrong thing" <_< though I do know exactly what I have to avoid in two instances. It's just that sometimes I can eat certain things and sometimes the exact same thing doesn't go over well at all, and I don't know what it's going to do til a couple hours after eating :angry2: By staying with a boring diet I don't get sick, so that's what I usually do

I don't do a lot of cooking so I usually get something cheap from some restaurant- often McDarnits- to fill the hollow tummy :screwy: In the last 6 months I've tried only two new dishes- both from a Chinese restaurant near here that fits the budget :D Their Beef w/ Broccoli tasted wonderful, but 24 hours of misery told me "never again" :crybaby: But their House Special Lo-mein is exceptional, and as good as I've ever had, so adding just one to the "Edible" menu means a lot here :thumbsup:

Luckily I see Mom about once a week and get some variety there :wub: The worst part of my limited diet is having to face the same employees ordering the same thing on a very regular basis :blush: I'm sure they get a good laugh out of me after I'm gone but at least I'm eating solid food and not getting sick which is what matters most to me B)

Bettypooh

Ya i know just how you feel about not knowing just how certain foods will act.One time spiceie things will give me the runs and the next time it wont.But i have learned to live with it.

Ya i know just how you feel about not knowing just how certain foods will act.One time spiceie things will give me the runs and the next time it wont.But i have learned to live with it.

For me it's the opposite :blush: which makes it hard for me to live normally :( and makes me abnormally hard to live with :o If I could get away from me when it happens, I'd do just that :lol: Since I can't, I'll settle for bland and feeling good :D Wishing you well on your culinary journey and a bit jealous-

Bettypooh

(BTW, she also teaches grade school and ends up doing at least an hour of teacher-related work each evening. Anyone who says "teachers have it easy...they get off at 3 each day" doesn't know any teachers. But I digress.)

Thank you very much.... Because I "teach" pre school I also get "All you do is play all day" Makes my blood boil!!!!!

Aaaaany way

We normally have a meal plan made at the start of the week.... It is a bit samey really, something with pasta, something with chicken, something with pork, something with chips, a roast, and something with rice. We really need to get our thinking caps on :P (If it were down to me we'd probably just eat ice cream...)

Thank you very much.... Because I "teach" pre school I also get "All you do is play all day" Makes my blood boil!!!!!

Aaaaany way

We normally have a meal plan made at the start of the week.... It is a bit samey really, something with pasta, something with chicken, something with pork, something with chips, a roast, and something with rice. We really need to get our thinking caps on :P (If it were down to me we'd probably just eat ice cream...)

you get put in time out a lot too lanthey

my way of cooking :mf_microwave: so my meal plan for the week is what evey frozen meal is in for me

but just now i hate most all foods plus ive been told by my own doc to eat tons of ice cream just now

I've been cooking for a LONG time, so I kind of know how to fiddle things without coming up with disaster-on-a-plate.

I fiddle with food dishes off & on; if it comes out so-so I add LOTS of BBQ sauce...if that don't help I start over & the dogs have what I threw out the door.:whistling: