• Natural Light
    • Moosehead
    • Corona
    • Heineken
    • Becks
    • Amstel
    • Michelob
    • Other (Please Post)

Murphy's Dry Irish Stout is in my opinion the best beer ever. Anytime i drink some of my other favs, like miller high life, keystone or whatever, it never meets 100% of my satisfaction. Murphy's to me is the perfect beer, it meets 100% of my satisfaction everytime, just deliscious and like heaven. What are your favorites? btw if this has already been posted, my bad. oh and yes, if you are not a beer person, or i didnt list your favorite beer let me know what your drink of choice is.

I do cringe at the sight of a list of 'best beers' populated almost solely by mass-produced swill lagers. I am prepared to guarantee you that there are some local microbreweries over in Kansas that, at the very least, could serve as a jumping off point into broadening your beer-imbibing horizons.

Anyway, because three is a good number, here are a few beers that I really enjoy.

Brewery Ommegang - Three Philosophers

Dark Belgian ale blended with cherry lambic. Rich and malty with a lovely sweetness, it is simply a fantastic and complex beer, and easily one of my favorites.

Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA

I enjoy IPAs in general, and this one may be my favorite among them. The hop bitterness is wonderfully balanced with a toasty character, and the aroma is superb.

Unibroue - La Fin Du Monde

Fruity and refreshing, it has a high ABV but is nonetheless very crisp and drinkable.

• Like 1

The best beer is the unopened one :o I quit drinking back in 2003 (as I've mentioned on DD numerous times) so you should expect something like that from me :roflmao: But back in my drinking days I was a connoisseur of the world's beers- long before every store carried them, long before microbreweries popped up like weeds in a garden :mellow: Few of the "importeds" you can buy in the US are real these days- most (if not all) of them are altered for the US market, and in the case of stronger ones they are lowered in alcohol content due to our laws :angry2:

If you ever get the chance to have a Lowenbrau Munich, then you will know what a good lager beer is :thumbsup: Lowenbrau Zurich is almost as good. Fresh Pilsner Urquell was in a class of it's own but doesn't last on the shelf- 2 months after bottling it tastes horrible :blush: Ales were Newkies (Newcastle) due to preference- there are several top-notch Ales of equal goodness ;) Stout= Guinness; that's why everyone thinks of it when they think of stout :beer: Commercial American "beer" isn't worth opening- it's a watered down mix of bad that me and the rest of the world laughs at. It may be good to put out a fire with, but that's about it :lol: Canada had some good ones (again the real thing, not the watered down US-destined versions)- for a cheap drunk "Grizzly Beer" was fun and Molsons was about as good as they got.

Everyone will have their own preference, but until you've tried the real thing, what you think of as "beer" is just what the marketers have gotten you used to. Don't drink to excess- ever- and if you have a drinking problem get help. Not everyone can deal with alcohol and if that includes you then put it down permanently- you'll be glad that you did when you look back on life later on.

Bettypooh

7 Years Clean and a Lifetime To Go

Guest gnappies

Kronenbourg 1664 for me please or Budweiser the Czech version, not the headache in a can sold in the US :whistling:

For Guinness lovers, as I'm sure you know. True Guinness is made from the locally sourced water in Ireland. Most true paddy's won't drink it unless it's brewed in Ireland.

I do cringe at the sight of a list of 'best beers' populated almost solely by mass-produced swill lagers. I am prepared to guarantee you that there are some local microbreweries over in Kansas that, at the very least, could serve as a jumping off point into broadening your beer-imbibing horizons.

Anyway, because three is a good number, here are a few beers that I really enjoy.

Brewery Ommegang - Three Philosophers

Dark Belgian ale blended with cherry lambic. Rich and malty with a lovely sweetness, it is simply a fantastic and complex beer, and easily one of my favorites.

Dogfish Head - 90 Minute IPA

I enjoy IPAs in general, and this one may be my favorite among them. The hop bitterness is wonderfully balanced with a toasty character, and the aroma is superb.

Unibroue - La Fin Du Monde

Fruity and refreshing, it has a high ABV but is nonetheless very crisp and drinkable.

^ this :D

I have tried dogfish head and it is wonderful :) most of the rest of the list is domestic garp as said, not worth the shelf space or opening :P

I have tried several different brews, and I will try anything new that I haven't heard of, and most of the microbrews are amazing and interesting. I haven't found one really that I really treasure other than my standard favorite "Henry weinhards private reserve" I have tried a few others, and I pop into bevmo occasionally and am constantly over whelmed with the volume and selection of brews available....decisions, decisions....decisions..UGH. But at least we HAVE choices :D better then to be stuck with one brand of pond water that no one likes :P

Ugh. Who voted for Budweiser?!?! :screwy: Seriously, I'm pretty sure that stuff comes out better than it goes in :lol:

I quit beer when I quit gluten (barley :rolleyes:) so not touched it in a long time. Never really liked it anyway, always been more of a cider drinker - pity it can be hard to get hold of in the southern US so variety is limited...

Sam Adams

Killians irish red

Newcastle when i want something different

Rolling rock when i want something light

But generally i go for sam adams because its always fresh and quality. But yes the rest of the world has a diffrent opinion of what beer should be. As a side note i have yet to taste a Mexican beer that was not god awful.

best beer i ever had was a local banana nut bread beer i found at the asda in oxford..

after that SeaDog Brewery Blueberry Ale, out of maine, usa

I had this once and I thought that it tasted like Play-doh! haha. I guess you and I have different palletes. I have never really been into the sweeter beers though. Anyway, if you like that one there is a company called Ithaca and they make an apricot wheat beer that you may like. That is, if you can get it in your lacale.

-Adam a.k.a A-Train, haha

/agreed

Also, two marketplaces to look for truly good beer would be World Market (which is a kind of blend of a import foods place and a Pier 1), or Whole Foods. Both places have a fairly impressive selection of good worldwide beers and lesser known American micro-brews. Also, don't be afraid to try seasonal beers from your favorite breweries. This is often an excellent way to discover new styles of beer that you will really enjoy. A few of my favorites:

Brother Thelonius - North Coast Brewing Company - Excellent Belgian abbey ale, very smooth, and with a 9.3% ABV. Has a complex flavor to it, a little bit nutty, and some fruit notes. Easily the best beer I've ever drank.

1554 Enlightened Black Ale - New Belgium Brewing - Great strong dark ale, good flavor, a little on the bitter side, Great beer to accompany a steak.

I've also been fairly impressed so far with the beers at BJ's Brewhouse, which is a restaurant chain started seperately by one of the founders of the Cheesecake Factory. Along with good food, the beer has been some of the best I've had at a restaurant in the States.