LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Overactive Bladder

ive been on a tablet called VESICARE *solifenacin succinate* now for over 2 years i was prescribed it but if i stopped taking it what r the side effects i still wear protection 2 bed and still often wake up wet im taking 10mg should i ask my doctor 4 more i dont like tablets

ive been on a tablet called VESICARE *solifenacin succinate* now for over 2 years i was prescribed it but if i stopped taking it what r the side effects i still wear protection 2 bed and still often wake up wet im taking 10mg should i ask my doctor 4 more i dont like tablets

You should always tell your Doctor if something works or doesn't- especially if something changes while taking the meds :mellow: I'm not a fan of pills either but better them than the problem I can't otherwise handle :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

I was offered a "bladder control" drug by my doctor two years or so back. I turned it down. I'm not a big fan of taking a pill for every minor malady that crops up, I prefer not to even take tylenol/advil/whatever for headaches. A lot of these new drugs scare me, I see the adds on TV and they go on and on and on about possible side effects, it's crazy! I'll just wear some protection and get on with my life, no need to become another pill popping victim of our modern medical system. Because most of the time when they've got you on the pills they've got you hooked for life and it is just more money in the drug company's pocket. That's why doctors prescribe so many drugs now anyways, they get kick backs (new equipment, trips, bonuses, etc.) from the drug companies for getting people on the stuff.

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I have had IBS all my life (now that I know what it is) and developed BPH and OAB. My doctor told me its not unusual for one to have both bowel and bladder problems. The detrol for my OAB caused constipation that aggravated IBS . My meds for the BPH have caused permanent ERD ,though my doctor doesn't think so. Meds have made my life miserable, all the side effects and inter-reactions. I use to only wear protection for flare ups but now am 24/7 Stopped all meds ,and am much more healthy despite ERD. Wish I'd stayed with pads.

I have had IBS all my life (now that I know what it is) and developed BPH and OAB. My doctor told me its not unusual for one to have both bowel and bladder problems. The detrol for my OAB caused constipation that aggravated IBS . My meds for the BPH have caused permanent ERD ,though my doctor doesn't think so. Meds have made my life miserable, all the side effects and inter-reactions. I use to only wear protection for flare ups but now am 24/7 Stopped all meds ,and am much more healthy despite ERD. Wish I'd stayed with pads.

Wow, you must work for the government with all of those abbreviations. Most of us here probably know what they mean, and the rest can look them up. Honestly though, kinda rude not to spell them out.

IBS- Irritable Bowel Syndrome

BPH- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

OAB- Over Active Bladder

ERD- Early Retirement for Disability- WTF (what the f#&k), that makes not sense :screwy:

• 2 weeks later...

I also was offerd drugs for my wetting problem, and i turned them down, as im not a fan of drugs, unless they are 100% natural. plus most drugs out there cause other problems, and 80% OF the drugs on the market have mercury in them. witch over time causes other health problems. I said ill take pills if It comes down to life or death or if i cant get it up anymore.

I said "no thanks" to the drugs as well. Part of that for me was that I had just started on Zoloft after never having a long-term prescription like that before. I didn't want to become a "walking pharmacy" at age 31!

I'm glad I didn't also. Sometimes needing diapers is a drag...but at the same time, I don't think I'd want to worry about side effects. Plus, most drugs are not 100% effective. As far as the Zoloft goes, I still get depressed sometimes. I read somewhere that a 50% success rate is considered astronomically good in pharmaceuticals. To put that in terms of the bladder control drugs, you still need something about half the time. Since you never know which half, it ends up being all the time. Hell, given the choice between wearing diapers with no drugs and wearing diapers and taking drugs, it's no contest.

I see the ads, and I wonder "Why so uptight about your underwear?" You'd be healthier if you weren't, and I think society would be healthier if it weren't so uptight about diapers.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, you must work for the government with all of those abbreviations. Most of us here probably know what they mean, and the rest can look them up. Honestly though, kinda rude not to spell them out.

IBS- Irritable Bowel Syndrome

BPH- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

OAB- Over Active Bladder

ERD- Early Retirement for Disability- WTF (what the f#&k), that makes not sense :screwy:

I was tempted to make a snarly reply but then I would only be descending to your level. I thought this was a serious discussion and being medical related thought the users would be familiar with the abbreviated medical terms. I have seen these used through out the board forums.You are the only one who found it necessary to make the comments and assume the other posters are so unknowable they needed clarification ( maybe someone will clarify the meaning of ERD ). I do not work for the government and find your attitude rude, as I was only making a sincere contribution to the discussion . I will not be back!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried Desmopressin many years ago and keep a small amount on hand in case I start overproducing, but rarely use it. I don't like it since it makes me feel like a blimp (it enables water retention). So, for me, it did work a little but the benefit didn't outweigh the problems, and created more of its own. Give it a shot if you Dr. thinks it's a good option.

You'll have to tell me all about it. I have ABC but feel like it's only beginning.

And I have the mother of all problems...we call it alphabet soup!!! :P (it's very tasty)

I do appreciate those that are careful not to spill it needlessly.