LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Anyone Ever Been Overwhelmed By The Fetish?

toddmdl

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever become emotionally overwhelmed by their diaper fetish? I myself rarely ever wear diapers anymore. I used to when I was younger but to me it's so old now because I'm alone when I do it and that is no fun for me. However even though the fetish is not a lifestyle for me and never will be I don't think it is very much a part of me as it has been since I was younger. It is purely a sexual kink of mine. I have a lot of trouble orgasiming without thinking about or seeing women in diapers and using them or myself when I was younger. This overwhelms me because in a way it not only disgusts me but it makes me depressed because I fear about what will happen if I meet a girl I really like that I may want to marry. Who would want to marry someone with a sexual problem like I do is what I think?

I've hooked up with other women before but to me it is very vanilla and ultimately not as memorable as I'd like it to be. I'm considering seeing a professional to deal with this problem. I was old for a child around 4 or 5 when I originally got out of diapers and I remember wearing and ultimately getting out of them. Something traumatic obviously happened to me in that regard even though I had a great childhood and had good parents. I had and have a great relationship with my mom and perhaps it is possible something happened that caused a maladaptive relationship with her and when I finally had to give up diapers I don't remember being too upset although I'm a bit hazy since it was so many years ago. I asked for her to get me more not too long after I stopped bedwetting but she never did. Maybe this was what caused trauma or some sort of feeling of being touched that leaked into my subconscious?

I really don't know and I'm not sure if I ever will. All I know is that I got the desire to wear them again when I was 8 and I went out and bought them and that was that. It's odd to me that I was never able to let go of that stage of childhood because I remember using a pacifier as well and then it just disappeared and I never cared at all and still don't. I don't understand that aspect. Anyway I was wondering if anyone else ever went through the something similar and if anyone saw a professional about it? I'm just curious because it would honestly be nice to be able to put this whole thing behind me and not have to rely on this for sexual gratification anymore or find a girl that is into this but I find that unlikely.

Not in a very very long time! I have always felt that people need to ballence their lives between hobbies, fetishes and other things. I used to wear a lot more than I do now, but I may spend 1 to 2 hours a day on the diaper sites on the internet, even though I may wear a diaper only once a week or so. Some people live their lives as babies or toddlers or in diapers. To each his own, but in some cases I can see where the fetish has taken over their lives and they seem to have lost reality or ballence between their diaper lifestyle and the real world. Some have a 50-50 ballence or close to that but a few others I've seen here live their lives totally as babies or toddlers in diapers, even some DL's who live 100% of the time in diapers. Yes, that can be overwhelming just to think of it, much less doing it!

Completely agree with RustyPins. I think it's so vital to have a balance. It seems to come naturally to me. I've been working my way through a bag of X-Plus for nearly two weeks and have only worn 5 out of 14 so far. I really like sleeping in a diaper, but there have been a few nights that I didn't even bother, because I wanted to feel like an adult. I say just enjoy it in moderation.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else ever went through the something similar and if anyone saw a professional about it? I'm just curious because it would honestly be nice to be able to put this whole thing behind me and not have to rely on this for sexual gratification anymore or find a girl that is into this but I find that unlikely.

I've mentioned my many interests to mental health professionals as part of the process of allowing them in to see what's really ticking over in the brain, and to a T all of them have said in effect - as long as it doesn't control your life to the detriment of all other aspects - don't worry about it.

I would submit that like many others, you've 'programmed' yourself to enjoy diapers sexually, is it possible to remove this? sure it is, but at what cost? If you ONLY get aroused by diapers, then that starts to fall under the clinical definition of a fetish.

For what its worth, I think you'll do yourself more harm trying to deny it, change it, than if you just accept it, and work at having a healthy relationship with someone who is understanding and accepting. In that regard, it comes down to being open and honest about yourself. If you're kinky - and hey lets face it diapers are kinky, and you're trying to date vanilla girls - its a crap shoot, you might find a partner who's willing to tolerate it, but I'd say likely not.

As for seeking a professional, I would highly recommend that you do as much in your power as possible to see a kink-aware professional - there are many lists within the BDSM community, of professionals who are at a minimum aware of kink and open minded enough that they wont immediately slot you into the crazy pervert category.

Ultimately, no matter what professional you see, you'll need to be open and honest with them, or you're wasting your time(and theirs), You'll figure it out! Don't despair, you're not alone many of us have had similar thoughts!

I hope you find what you're seeking.

Cheers,

df

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my two cents worth, It seems to me that all of the newbies wish they were incontinent or could wear more often or wear 24/7. Then there are the ab's and Dl's that grew up in the fifties and sixties and have years on everyone else when it comes to how long they have been wearing diapers. The common ground is that we all love to wear our diapers. I have been in diapers practically all of my adult life. I came out to friends and family yeas ago and chose to wear them for the comfort and security.

I too have evolved with my diapers. I began as an adult baby with my girlfriend and then wife where I was changed and fed and spanked and treated like the little boy I so desperately needed to be at the time. Well My wife grew tired of her only child not out growing his diapers so she moved away from the Mommy project and I grew away from being an adult baby. However my desire to be diapered has always been there for me so I am now a DL. I too have had tomes that I hardly wore diapers at all. There have been several times when I thought I was grown up enough to not need my security blanket anymore ans I would pack everything up and step into the adult world.

Time and time again I have gone back to what only seems the right thing to do, wearing diapers. My wife who used to think it was possible for me to do, has realized it will never happen. My current lifestyle is to live and work in the adult world while wearing diapers full time. My wife benefits from a more patient and less stressed husband and has the ability to spank me when I am not.

It's funny when I have put my mind to it that I am through with my baby things and try so hard to be a big boy, my inner child flexes his muscles and I am right back where I belong. SO do what makes you happy whatever that may be and if it is to be diapered, enjoy the ride because you are among friends.

• Like 1

I went thru that when younger myself. You can move away from it but it does take alittle time. Like others here will/have said "Not totally away" but with an open minded parter you can find a balance. Being open with each other and willing to give & take in this & your adult life you can find a balance you can both live with.

As liljim said when i was younger i was more obsessed or overwhelmed .Now i just try to intergrate into my life at an even pace .But i have been throu it all binge and purge failed relationships etc .It is all how you take it 1 diaper at a time lol :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Who would want to marry someone with a sexual problem like I do is what I think?

. Something traumatic obviously happened to me in that regard even though I had a great childhood and had good parents.

I'm just curious because it would honestly be nice to be able to put this whole thing behind me and not have to rely on this for sexual gratification anymore or find a girl that is into this but I find that unlikely.

ok how is being aroused by diapers etc... a sexual problem? are people who are only aroused when dominated suffering from a sexual problem? are people who are just not into receiving oral sex suffering from a sexual problem? EVERYONE has sexual preferences.... yours relate to diapers... thats not a sexual problem.

not sure why something traumatic had to obviously happen for you to want to wear diapers... perhaps you just remember the feelings of being cared for? or the fact that even toddlers can feel pleasure when their genitals are touched? no they don't get hardons or orgasm... but its still pleasurable.. maybe you remember this pleasure and associated it with the diapers.... it doesn't always have to be something traumatic.

diapermates.com, fetlife.com, diaperspace.com, alt.com, all places where women who like to wear diapers, or who like men in diapers.. can be found.

• Like 1

I don't think I have ever let this "overwhelm" me and take over my life. I think that as part of the "bing purge' cycle thing that I do get 'obsessions' over them on occasion and start shopping for them, especially when there is a brand or type that I haven't tried and want to etc.

That seems to be the extent of it, and thankfully it doesn't happen very often :blush: or I'd go broke.

One thing I have done is accept this part of me as a part of me, and try and integrate into my life more. Like today I spent the entire day in a diaper, going when I needed to :blush: and such and was perfectly comfortable with it. I took my car in to get some new tires, stopped into a model railroad shop for some information, stopped by my mechanics shop to pay a bill, then went to a model shop to chat for a while, and then over to Kohls to wander around and look, since I had never been there before, all the while wearing a wet diaper under my jeans, and perfectly happy to be so.

So the first step is simply accepting who and what you are and moving on. I wear when I want to (or need to at times) an don't let things get out of control. It seems moderation and management is the key, for me anyways. I wear when I want for as long as I want to or need to, then as things change, I still do what I want. I can wear for up to a week at a time, or one day, then forget about it for a while, so I feel I have it mor eunder control so I can avoid the 'obsessive' episodes, which really drive me nuts :wacko:

I simply refuse to let an inanimate object run my life. I try to make it a positive asset as opposed to a negative problem and issue. By managing the 'fetish' or what ever the hell it is, it has it's own time and place, it gets equal time when needed, and rest when not.

Mostly it's up to you, but knowing yourself and what 'triggers' your needs and / or wants, and working within those limits or how ever you want to structure it.

What makes this really hard, is that everyone is different, and what works for me, may not work for you. Thats the odd things about this 'interest' or fetish if you will, it's deeply personal and individual, so you literally have to hand craft your own personal solution for your personal situation, just as I had to. It can be considered as a guideline, but take what you think will wirk and modify to your situation.

Good luck with all that, but mostly...have fun! :D

qwack

You are still young, your views on life certainly change you get a bit older. When I was 21-24 it would certainly take over sometimes in my life, but not always. Mostly though I was busy going to Raves about every other weekend.

I was a sober Raver though. Sure I did smoke some of the stuff, but it has been less then 10 times. Tried three others one time each, but never "the rave drug", always seemed risky as usually they were mixed with something else. Oh did do some Hokah, but that's legal anyways. It is to bad though that my best friend I kind of had to stop hanging with as he was seriously into having to be on something almost every rave. He did actually start a rave gear online store and seems to be doing well with it. He sells all the leds and rave toys. I know he still goes to raves, don't know if he still is doing the stuff, I hope he has grown out of it.

Just kind of a side of my outlook on life at that point and how now it has changed. I certainly see it just as part of me now and certainly I missing not having any right now. I have a lot of other things though in my life and so it isn't a main focus. I'll start my senior project as a Computer Engineer next semester and am very happy as I can see all my hard work headed to where I want to be. I have friends both here at home and at school as I commute an hour to school during the semester.

I think one of the biggest things is you need to have friends. Even if you are feeling the need for diapers, going out and doing things with friends helps you feel not so alone in the world, which is very depressing. We all need human contact, so find some way to make friends if you don't have many at this point. Specially only a few years out of High School you are still making your way to the "real" world, instead of the small community of High School that is your whole life at the point. So go out and make friends, if you have problems doing this certainly get help as no matter who you are we all need people to hang out with them.

I am usually overwhelmed with new things I like at first. If it continues it becomes 'normal' for me :rolleyes: Maybe it's my predilections to addiction :o Anyway the defense is knowledge- once you learn how you react you know what will come next so you can control it to at least some degree :)

I handled my initial forays into RL crossdressing by doing it in another city where nobody knew me ;) I knew I couldn't stop it from happening, but I could delay it a little while and I could pick where I did it. Handling it this way satisfied my needs while minimizing any potential problems :angel_not:

There's no point in dogging yourself over things you like- you can't control what you like or don't like- so all that you can do is accept that you like it and find a way to deal with it that has the least effect on the rest of your life :whistling: In time you'll find a way to make it work for you. The self-acceptance helps that happen sooner and if it turns out that it is something you can't live without you'll be better prepared mentally to deal with it B) The only other option is to attempt abstinence, but if the desire is truly overwhelming that won't work- plus when you 'give in', you'll feel like you failed when in reality you didn't <_< Getting over that 'failure' puts you back at the start of needing self-acceptance so what's the point? :P

What you do in private (or with other consenting adults) isn't anyone else's business, and as long as it's not hurting innocent people there's nothing wrong with it :thumbsup:

Bettypooh

Man really feeling the need for them right now. Sort of like part of me is missing as I had been wearing 3-4 days a week during the school semester.

Seems like every time I get the urge to pee right now I wish I was wearing one, I guess it sort of like when parents are potty training their kids. Most do not want to let go of something that is "theirs," and takes some training to make them let go of that feeling. So guess I am feeling that detachment feeling right now.

It isn't overwhelming though as I know I can handle it at this point and isn't going to make me depressed or anything. For the time being just have to find things to do to blow of the steam. I know at some point when I do find the opportunity I will buy some more, just is a bit hard to get diapers when my mom works at home and I'm home most the time during the winter break. Also the place I get my Molicare Super Plus is an hour away, the only other choice I have is the medical store in town and it is hit or miss if they have any good diapers in stock in my size.

I may just wait for the opportunity though to order from xpmedical and get some dry 24/7. I can have it shipped to my local fedex location, just have to time it so I will be able to pick it up when no one is around. So ya :crybaby: I want my diapers!

ok how is being aroused by diapers etc... a sexual problem? are people who are only aroused when dominated suffering from a sexual problem? are people who are just not into receiving oral sex suffering from a sexual problem? EVERYONE has sexual preferences.... yours relate to diapers... thats not a sexual problem.

not sure why something traumatic had to obviously happen for you to want to wear diapers... perhaps you just remember the feelings of being cared for? or the fact that even toddlers can feel pleasure when their genitals are touched? no they don't get hardons or orgasm... but its still pleasurable.. maybe you remember this pleasure and associated it with the diapers.... it doesn't always have to be something traumatic.

diapermates.com, fetlife.com, diaperspace.com, alt.com, all places where women who like to wear diapers, or who like men in diapers.. can be found.

Thank You Sarah you have enlightened me once again with your wisdom. I would love to meet someone online that has this in common with me but there aren't many where I live. I may have to move to a place with more people but hopefully someday I'll meet someone like you and others here.

i will just say when my boyfriend/daddy and i met we lived about 2 hours away, in completely different states... we were willing to travel to see each other and now four and ahalf years later we are still together, and have been living together for 4 of those years.... part of the thing is, one has to be willingto make sacrifices, and have patience, and not just jump into a relationship with the first person they meet who is 'into diapers'... a relationship is far far more than diapers.... sure it was great to meet a guy who wanted to force me to be a baby, but if that was all there was to our relationship it would get old very quickly.....

just be patient, and don't forget to get out there adn jsut date people... have some casual (BUT SAFE) sex.. go on dates, have fun, meet people, just enjoy life and stop worrying about being single etc.... there is so much to life to enjoy, diapers are just a minute part of this thing called life..... just have fun and relax, and the rest will come....

Sarah those comments made by some uninformed people thing you had to be abused or have a traumatic event happen in your life to be kinky in general. They think that something is wrong with all of us because he already know what we like. I am sure this category fits some people but they are in the minority. Most of us abdl's don't really know what triggered us to like diapers, it just happened and that is how we are wired. Enjoy life be happy wear diapers! Happy New Year!!