LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Two Tapes Or One?

Buster

With the AB Universe one tape diapers now available, i have really started to like the one tape system. The two tape bambinos are great, especially the Teddy's, but i like the fit of the one tape diapers. Anyone else have an opinion?

I would actually like to see a 3 tape diaper. The less openings on the side the less chance of leaks when sitting or laying down.

As well as Depends Max Protection, Attends with Waistband have three tapes on each side. Being inferior diapers though, leaks are quite likely :whistling:

The ABU single-tapes are nice as part of the illusion of a scaled up baby diaper and that particular diaper (as a novelty) is better for having them but they do emphasise to me at least, why every other adult diaper has at least two tapes on each side - ABU diapers always seem to gap around the top and front of my legs after a while, leaving a way for pee to escape :blush:. After a while of movement, the two panels work apart which doesn't seem to happen if there are two tapes holding the panels together from two different places. Also, with a single tape diaper, if either pops, you've had it - at least with two or more tapes per side, if one goes, you've still got some left to hold the diaper on you until you can fix it.

With the AB Universe one tape diapers now available, i have really started to like the one tape system. The two tape bambinos are great, especially the Teddy's, but i like the fit of the one tape diapers. Anyone else have an opinion?

Is the teddy diaper use one tape?

When I was young all disposables were one-tape diapers :girl_baby: I choose my diapers like I chose my panties, first by need then by what appeals to me :angel_not: When I feel nostalgic or little-girlish I like the one-tape diapers :girl_happy: I haven't tried the ABU's because of the price and the few other one-tape diapers out there perform horribly :( but then again that is just like the early disposables so I can't complain :blush: For me one-tape diapers are a mood thing :D

Bettypooh

Being myself merely DL and not AB, "one-tape-per-side" diapers have no appeal on me. For how well a single tape can be adjusted, I doubt it'll provide the same snug fit that is commonly achieved in other adult diapers with two tapes per side, which is quite essential if you actually fill your diaper to its maximum containment potential like i do :P

I wouldn't mind trying the 3-tapes per side configuration too, alas we don't have any good diapers of that kind in Europe.

I dont really care how many tapes it have, as long as it has a better fit and have a baby design, I'm all good :thumbsup:

I've never tried anything from AB Universe, but I love (and am currently wearing) the Tena Super Stretch. These diapers have pretty darned good absorbency and have one stretchable tab on either side. The fit is excellent and they stay up even when soaked. I seem to be alone in my love for these diapers, but I think they may be just what you're looking for.

You can find them here: http://www.dmes.com/p-12725-tena-stretch-briefs-super-absorbency.aspx

-RMS

Personally, to get the fit and the security, I use a two tape diaper in a larger size than I need. ie A medium diaper would fit me, but I use the large. This lets me to stick the top tapes at the bottom of the landing zone, and the bottom tapes across my crotch. I then fold down the part of the diaper above where I have the top tapes stuck ( which has no padding ) and the most of the padding is centered where it can do most good. This method has all but eliminated leaks since I am using a more absorbent diaper than the size for my body will allow, and I have padding above the water source.

I have yet to find a one / three tape diaper that can perform / fit this well.

It frustrates me that neither ABU nor Bambino make adult small disposable diapers. Consequently I have no way to properly test the one-wide-tab products of ABU.

A really good friend, Clare Fonda, who produces the Naughty Diaper Girls clips and photos, recently told me she did receive a supply of the One-Tab diapers from ABU. Currently Clare is using Attends Breathable Small on her petite models. Most of her models have larger hips to go along with classic "spankable" bottoms. Those beautiful girls do not fit into Attends Breathable Small. The ABU should not only fit those gals but they will be adorable wearing them.

• Like 1

I tried the one tape of a cheap brand (think they stopped making them due to lack of sales) and of course ABU's diapers. I love one tape to each side, but for ABU it goes a bit beyond that because their tapes HOLD ... LOL it's actually hard to get them off sometimes. The reason I like one tape is the bottom tapes of multi-tape diapers always come loose on me, I move around a lot and sit crossed legged a lot as well. I notice no difference in the frequency of leaks due to either system, but taping one tape is faster than multi-tapes, making the rare public change less harrowing. With the ABU they do fit differently but that's also in part to the actual shape of the whole diaper, with the old cheap brand I tried they felt almost the same as all the others. I find the ABU more comfortable in all ways though, and oddly not that "babyish" in spite of their effort, to me cute does not mean childish, it just means less embarrassing. But yeah, gotta say I prefer one tape to each side, and wide tapes are always better than the narrow ones multi-tape diapers have.

Yes, especially agree on the ability of the AB Universe tapes to hold. I also really like the fit of the one tape system. The two tape diapers tend to pinch my legs and never feel quite comfortable. As for leaking, i have never had a leak with the AB Universe diapers. If they made a night time version of these (as thick as a Bambino), my life would be complete.

one taped are way betr