LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Daily Diapers, Amazon.Com And Censorship

sarah_ab

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11731928

a link to a bbc news story about Amazon.com allowing a book of a pedophiles guide to loving children. Amazon says its censorhsip to pull it. While that is true, amazon is a private company and not the government. I am against government censorship, but believe private companies must uphold some sort of ethic.

I know we all here (I HOPE its we all) are adamantly AGAINST this sort of behavior, and while i know DD gains some income from amazon if we order from them.... but I hope DD you will understand my not using an amazon link from this website to purchase from them for a while... not because i don't want to support DD but because I do not wish to support amazon.com until this book is pulled from their store and the seller's information reported to the authorities so they can investigate..

Yeah, certain things need to be censored. Like pedo books, or books about how to commit suicide, etc. If an author wants to write that stuff we can't stop them, but it doesn't mean the merchant has to agree to sell it.

OK, I'm going to lay this out here and hope I don't get flamed to death for it. Please take note that I do NOT support or condone paedophilia in any way, shape or form. I was repeatedly sexually abused as a child, and I have a child, so I KNOW what it is like to be afraid someone will abuse you or your child.

Point 1: We have no clue as to what this book actually contains. Rumor has it it is a spoof production by 4chan, which would not surprise me in the least. Some nasty things come out of 4chan that I wouldn't touch with a 40 foot pole. The author however is a real person and is taking serious heat for this, as would be expected.

Point 2: Paedophilia is like any other fetish. The people who are drawn to it cannot really help themselves. It's like having a shoe fetish, a leather fetish, a blonde fetish, or even (omg) a diaper fetish. It is socially and morally unacceptable, but these poor souls still have these desires anyhow. Many of them feel deeply guilty for it. Instead of blindly condemning them, they should be instead removed from the object of their affections and helped, taught coping mechanisms for these wrongful desires they have, and ways to live without having actual relations with children. They are after all just people too, and many of them seek help and forgiveness only to be turned away because they are sick and deviant. The way in which paedophilia differs from your average fetish is that it is in many ways like an illness, or an addiction, and they need a cure. I honestly think that a few AB's could benefit from the same sort of addiction counseling.

Point 3: A small minority of paedophiles are brutally violent. Most of them are ill and misguided individuals who simply need help and advice as to how to alleviate their desires without interacting with actual children in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER. Those that commit brutal and violent crime against children or anyone should be put to death. The desire for children should never be encouraged, but these people need therapy, need help, and our society fails to do that.

This book may be a complete farce, it may contain horrifically illegal acts, or it may contain advice helping these sick people to cope with their unnatural fetish. We don't know. What we do know is that censorship is absolutely not OK. This book needs to be checked out, and if it is found that it is NOT a guide to help people into blatantly illegal and horrific crimes, then it should be left alone. If it tells someone how to lure and rape a child or get away with that, then yes, it should be banned and purchasers investigated. Otherwise, it should be left well enough alone. Who here owns a copy of the original Anarchist's cookbook? That's highly controversial... yet I do not believe it is wrong to publish it. The KKK gets to make books too... we don't ban them. (even though they're bigoted asses) Freedom of speech people. Hating and judging is what we are against.

Please, let me make it clear. I do NOT think Paedophilia is ok. No way, no how. But, I think these people have a right to find help and make themselves better people, and overcome their (disgusting, immoral) fetish and become good people again.

• Like 6

Pedophilia cannot be cured and there is no way to undo the emotional and physical damage they do. The USG would be all over you for publishing the secret codes or other plans for its defense if you had access to them. Would that also be censorship?

What Amazon needs to do if they want to claim 1st amendment rights to sell the book is automatically provide the name, address and billing info for anyone ordering this POS to the FBI. That way they are free to sell it and they potentially protect the children from the sick people of this world.

The ONLY anti-pedophilia counseling" that is 100% effective is that which is administered by the fellow prisoners and cell mates of said pedophile.

• Like 1

Ok, I decided to stick my bill in and take a peek and check this out to see how far this stupidity goes.

First off, someone would REALLY have to be super sick to even 'TRY' and write a book about this, then they have to 'TRY" and find a publisher :roflmao: .....and that would go over like a lead balloon :screwy: ......sooooooo what did I find?? NOTHING!

The book title in question wasn't listed, so I kept poking around and did find a title "Pedophiles guide to love and pleasure" *GAGS*

upon clicking on that link I got a big 404, item not found.....

So, either this is all a B*I*G hoax, or the people at Amazon do have their heads screwed on straight and know a bad deal when they see it and made sure the plug got pulled on this before any firestorm got started.

Doing a broader search under 'pedophiles' brought up this.....peruse at your leisure if you dare :P

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=pedophiles&x=0&y=0

Pedophilia cannot be cured and there is no way to undo the emotional and physical damage they do. The USG would be all over you for publishing the secret codes or other plans for its defense if you had access to them. Would that also be censorship?

What Amazon needs to do if they want to claim 1st amendment rights to sell the book is automatically provide the name, address and billing info for anyone ordering this POS to the FBI. That way they are free to sell it and they potentially protect the children from the sick people of this world.

The ONLY anti-pedophilia counseling" that is 100% effective is that which is administered by the fellow prisoners and cell mates of said pedophile.

I must disagree. I believe strongly that some, though not all, can in fact be cured of this. One does not have to touch a child to be a paedophile. They simply have to have sexual arousal when thinking about it. There is NO DOUBT that it causes emotional and physical damage when one goes so far as to molest a child. What we need to do is prevent them from ever doing so in the first place. National defense codes has nothing to do with the freedom of speech. Those who have access to such codes are sworn to secrecy as part of their job, and are NOT part of the general public. The laws which I describe are in this instance referred to as rights of the general public, not classified military materials. Protecting children is of the utmost importance. Getting early counseling and therapy to these sick, misguided people would prevent so many unfortunate happenings. If the boys who had molested me had been helped before they acted on their desires, perhaps they would have never touched me in that way or any other little girl, but understood that they must not do that and found some constructive outlet for themselves.

Sexually abusing children is a horrible thing. But, I believe most cases could be prevented if we had the means of catching and altering the behaviour patterns that lead to this before a tragedy occurs. Our broken system sadly cannot do this.

Kudos to Little Faerie for making the point that we don't really know what this book is, so maybe we shouldn't be so judgmental yet. If the contents become known and deserve it, then bash away if that's called for B) Pedophilia can neither be treated or cured- it can only be controlled, and that has to come from outside- the pedo isn't going to willingly stop :bash: It's up to society to decide how that's done. That we are not associated with such behavior has been said plenty- add my voice to that ;)

What really bugs me here is the issue of censorship- where do we draw that line? :unsure: I must admit to being torn between a deep desire for total freedom and no censorship, and the social concerns of things that may be harmful :huh: By the current standards of their time, much good was banned. Galileo, Kinsey, and many non-Christian writings come to mind. How-to books have been censored in our own time based on similar paranoia- sometimes with some merit for the decision and sometimes not. In recent times, one business was shut down when the government decided that they could be held liable for people who did things written about in the books they sold :bash: This after one high-profile murder; of course a wrongful act itself but also of course not something the book seller did themselves :wtf2: In fact, it was this very book that allowed the crime to be solved and the murderer successfully prosecuted! So where do we draw the line? Why would you harm a legitimate entrepreneur for not committing a crime? Why was Galileo banned similarly? :doh: And what if the very same information is online where it's beyond government control- what's the point of banning the book then? Are the proponents of those bans also in favor of censoring the internet? If not then they are hypocrites :angry:

Yet who can say that there is a legitimate purpose for a "how-to-commit-a-crime" type book? Does there need to be a legitimate purpose for a book? And who decides what is legitimate?

I may get bashed for this but here goes :) Since I don't know for certain whether the sale of this book is proper or not (even though I am against pedophilia in every way) I must err on the side of Freedom :closedeyes: Let the book and Amazon stand. If you want to boycott them, go ahead. If you want to try to get others to join you, go ahead. I hope your social pressure causes them to reconsider whether they wish to sell this book. I wish they didn't sell it myself :whistling: If you want to censor anything, or want someone else to do that then I am your enemy, because in my mind censorship is at least as bad as pedophilia, maybe worse :ninja:

Remember this- the individual who commits crimes is the core of the problem, not the company who sells books or other things which could be used to commit crimes. Stop the individual and the crime stops- stop the sale of books or other things which can be used to commit crimes and the crimes will continue anyway. Fix the problem at the core. :excl:

The preceding post is my opinion only, and not necessarily that of any other entity. Please address all legal correspondence concerning this matter to O.W. Douglas, Green Acres Farm, Hooterville USA :P

Bettypooh

• Like 1

ditto to what betty said lol. but isnt what you and me do censoring? deleting comments???

What a Moderator does isn't censorship :thumbsup: The difference is that any website owner or bookseller can set whatever rules they like for the area they control ;)This does not prevent someone from posting or buying what they want elsewhere B) Censorship is when someone else unwantedly controls these events for all areas under their control- public and private- such as within a whole state or nation :angry:

Bettypooh

Guest baby-jessy

What a Moderator does isn't censorship :thumbsup: The difference is that any website owner or bookseller can set whatever rules they like for the area they control ;)This does not prevent someone from posting or buying what they want elsewhere B) Censorship is when someone else unwantedly controls these events for all areas under their control- public and private- such as within a whole state or nation :angry:

Bettypooh

i guess.......... but it still feels like it....oh well

• Like 1

ditto to what betty said lol. but isnt what you and me do censoring? deleting comments???

One ? !!! Do you have spoken RULES for your house? (I do) If you feel I am censoring my house "YES I AM" for the good of the whole family not the one. I try to listen to others side of things then decide what is best for all involed.

In allowing that book, if it is as stated, to be sold, Amizon makes itself an accessory to criminal behavior. Nobody has a right to facilitate illegal activity So the governments would be within their rights to prohibit Amazon from selling that book. The rules of Censorship and free discourse do not apply to illegal activities; usually these are connected to force or fraud, because they promote things that are already illegal

You are making serious charges. Show us what you have

I am just going to add these few things about the subject then shut up...

1. Pedophiles: psychiatric disorder in adults or late (persons age 16 and older) characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children.
  2. Ephebophiles: A sexual preference of adults for mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19.
  3. Child Molesters: (broad explanation, but is often lumped into the first by general society.)

For the Men & Women working on staying away and controlling their disorder by keeping their damn hands off.

They need our support, not our condemnation.

Otherwise one or two of these #1's or #2's may say WTH and become a #3.

I agree with little faerie, that pedophilia itself is something no one has control over at first... however, the reason i was so upset was the title of the book which is given in the article i linked to a pedophiles guide to pleasure, implies it is not a book to help those who find themselves attracted to children over come that... but rather a book helping those who are attracted to children KEEP that attraction.

I feel strongly the psychiatric community needs to recognize that people who have an attraction to children recognize it is wrong, and do not WANT to feel that way, and the psychiatric community needs to approve and promote research into treatment methods to prevent anyone from being driven over the edges by these urges ... which is when they then engage in pedophiliac actions with a child.

My problem was the title of the book it did not come across as a book that helped pedophiles overcome their thoughts, and lead them to treatment options. It came across as a book that promoted pedophilia as something that was healthy and should be encouraged.

I am glad amazon.com pulled the book off their shelves. If the book truly is a book to help those with these urges then the title needs to be changed!

• Like 1

I really think it's stupid for who ever this fool was who originally wrote this book to be so "bold" and do something like this to expose them selves so publicly. Also, what kind of publishing company in their right mind would even touch something like this for publication???? :screwy: If this actually exists, I am amazed that it was allowed to go this far.....something like this should NEVER E*V*E*R be allowed to be published....let alone written GAD what has this world come to?? :badmood:

Both writer and publisher need to be taken out and shot....since anyone who condones the harming of children for sexual gratification really just needs to be removed from existence! PERIOD!

• Like 1

The links on google imply it was an ebook, which means no publisher, anyone can write and sell ebooks on Amazon

Well, isn't that just great! :rolleyes: so basically any pervert, maniac, psychopath or other POS at the bottom of the heap can write a %$#@! ebook and sell the thing on the internet....lovely.

maybe the Mayan 2012 calender thing is true and that really will be the end of the world..it's already screaming at us with this kind of garbage.

sheesh

Yes! Anyone can submit an ebook usually with no review process.

As a victim of childhood sexual abuse I am biting my tongue on the topic as a whole, but felt it was worth mentioning that this was a self-published ebook with no critical oversight or literary review.