LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How To Make Your Diaper Last Longer

Hi everybody,

just to let you know I am 24/7 and have been for quite sometime. I use lille supreme plus most days and have discovered that if you slit the inner lining at the top edge at the front about 1-2 inchs long horizontally and insert a ruler to release the inner wading from the outside layer you can then pour in swell gel crystals which you can buy from most garden centres, these are the crystals that you mix with compost to make the water retain within the compost. I have today been in the same diaper since 9:30 a.m. and it is now 6:05 p.m. and I have no intention of having a change until much later when I have a shower at 10 p.m. and change for bed. Finding these crystals has dramatically reduced the expense of diapers as I am using 2 per day now instead of 3-4. I don't need to double diaper to get through the night any more making it more comfortable for me.

Let me know what you think.

cheers kevino

I used to use the tena guards in my diapers, they did a great job of extending the life of my diapers.

I limit myself to one diaper a day, and if I can make it last longer I do.

The thing that got me was the extra expense, sure they worked good but more money and something else I had to toss away.

Then I started adding microfiber towels to my diaper not as good as the guards but washable and no expense.

second day of trying the "swell gel" in my diaper just finished at the office I have been wearing the same diaper all day and no leaks and I don't even feel wet ! well not much anyway. I have never heard of balmex, what I use is the unscented baby diaper cream and talcum powder and I rarely get a rash, I can't really afford to get a rash as I am now 24/7 and have been for over a year, so if I get a rash there is no option for me to not wear for a day or two until the rash dies down.

cheers kevino

so, is this stuff you got from the garden center safe to use in a diaper? I've never seen the stuff and I might look for it but only if it's safe to use in a diaper. I remember years ago when women were dying of Toxic Shock Syndrom from a specific brand of sanitary napkin and tampon that was on the market. Something in the materials they used. I'd try it if it was safe because nothing is quite like a diaper that keep swelling up bigger and bigger the more you wet it! Anyone know for sure how safe it might be to use this stuff in a diaper?

I wrote about using the garden gel a couple of months ago. My trick is to insert it into a baby diaper, and then use THAT stuffed inside the "main" diaper.

I don't think toxic shock is much of an issue. The tampons in question were INSIDE the user. They also were soaked full of a MUCH different medium than urine.

As with the Cyclamate and Silocne implant scares, the Toxic Shock Syndrome associate with Rely was a media-driven fraud. The news media did no scientific inquirey or they would have found that there was no real significant difference in the statistics, only a few high profile reports that were taken out of context

the reason I tried this in the first place was because i disassembled a diaper one day to see what they were made of and why they can hold so much? I took some of the wadding and placed it into a dish and added water and watched the results, what I found was that the manufacturers already use this product or a similar one in their diapers, but it is more finely ground up. I am a keen gardener and have used this "swell gel" in my compost for quite some time which made me realise exactly what it is.

cheers kevino

• Like 1

DPF recommended something like that to extend the changing time for cloth diapers.

However, the products meant for human use are usually go through more stringent examination for quality and safety than ordinary and may be formulated a bit differently

• Like 1

I would read up on this stuff to make sure that what it is made of won't cause rashes and such. Could be perfectly safe to use, but I would read up on it before using it where it will be coming in contact with my sensitive personal parts. I know that some of the gel stuff sold on ebay certainly can be a skin irritant, so be careful. Certainly could be awesome though as long as you don't wind up at the doctors with a nasty rash below.