99 Bottles Of Beer On The Wall!

Mine is Heineken Dark Lager!

I also like:

-Sam Adams Cream Stout

-Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Porter

-Newcastle Brown Ale

-Pete's Wicked Ale (ruby-brown)

-Young's Double Chocolate Stout

-My father-in-law brews a mean dark lager, too. Home-brewed is definately the best.(home brewing is totally legal in NC- beer only, though)

Let's see here.

Guinness for a nice thick dark.

Berghoff Dark for a dark that isn't too dark -- more a "red"

Blackened Voodoo -- I had this stuff once down in New Orleans... good stuff. It's a local area brew. It is hard to find it elsewhere.

Tommyknocker's Imperial Nut Brown Ale -- a smooth, sweet ale with just a little bit of the bitter flavor to it (I believe it is a Colorado brew)

Home brews may be good, but finding small breweries is good too. There's plenty out there, well in areas, that are small enough that they stay high quality (though pricey), but they are big enough to have tight quality control.

Some of the Micro-brews out there are really good but can be hard to find.

I've actually had the Blackened VooDoo before. They sell it at Whole Foods Market and

Total Wine & More.

there are lots of good micro-brews. not many around here though. however we do have a plethora of wineries. before prohibition missouri was the number one maker and seller of wine in america.

purple haze beer is another good one

bass ale (black n tans are good, thats half guinness and half bass in a glass)

red stripe is good on a hot day

amstel is good

rolling rock

but i really like the dark, amber bocks and wheat beers. hefeweizens are good too.

what can i say? i love beer. EXCEPT for anheuser busch, miller, and coors, products. mass produced piss water. i can dig AB's amber bock but budweiser and all of that is disgusting.

Oh, I love the hobgoblin! I've got a couple empties sitting on a shelf upstairs... I'll get a picture. The scarecrow was good, but the Hobgoblin was excellent. How could I forget that.

Look at the bottles closely and you can figure out where I got each one. (Click for a larger picture.)

hobgob.jpg

there are lots of good micro-brews. not many around here though. however we do have a plethora of wineries. before prohibition missouri was the number one maker and seller of wine in america.

purple haze beer is another good one

bass ale (black n tans are good, thats half guinness and half bass in a glass)

red stripe is good on a hot day

amstel is good

rolling rock

but i really like the dark, amber bocks and wheat beers. hefeweizens are good too.

what can i say? i love beer. EXCEPT for anheuser busch, miller, and coors, products. mass produced piss water. i can dig AB's amber bock but budweiser and all of that is disgusting.

I enjoy dark beers too. Actually it's funny you mention those as piss water. As I learned in German class years ago, some of those are pilsners which the Germans call "Pisfaß" because it makes you piss fast and taste like piss. A lot of Germans dislike American mass produced bier.(Edited this post because I found out how to use the "Es-zet" also known as the funny looking B like thing= ß )

Guest diapered469

A Canadian beer called "La fin du monde"...means the end of the world. Kind of like champagne, it has a 9 percent alcohol level...

I also like newcastle, kona firerock and longboard lager, but i cant stand heineken for some reason.

Anyone ever hear of Skullsplitter? I believe it is a high alcohol percentage Scotch ale.

I do recall having something one time that was like 11.5%... really strong.

• 4 months later...

Anyone ever hear of Skullsplitter? I believe it is a high alcohol percentage Scotch ale.

I do recall having something one time that was like 11.5%... really strong.

I've heard of that. I think it's about 10% or so. I don't like it, I'm not keen on any of the Scotish beer I've had though. I do like Guiness, but in general not a beer fan.

Oh, I love the hobgoblin! I've got a couple empties sitting on a shelf upstairs... I'll get a picture. The scarecrow was good, but the Hobgoblin was excellent. How could I forget that.

Look at the bottles closely and you can figure out where I got each one. (Click for a larger picture.)

hobgob.jpg

Hobgoblin is to die for - I buy it by the case!

It's one of the few dark beers I enjoy. Usually prefer something light and dry.

Bishop's Finger, Speckled Hen, Black Sheep, Spitfire, anything from the Shepherd Neame brewery.........I could go on all night!

We have lots of micro breweries here in the UK. If you ever get the chance, a trip round the Black Sheep Brewery in Masham is well worth a visit.

My husband used to brew his own beer (when he had more time) and that's how I got a taste for it.

Love to visit beer festivals to try out some of the lesser known beers.

Long live beer!

Frilly

My two passions in beers are India pale ales and barlywine style ales.

My favorite barleywine is the Old Ruffian from The Great Divide Brewing Co. It's a sweet and carmely barleywine with a slight taste of apricots but it's also very heavily hopped for the style. It's got all the warmth and sweetness of a good barleywine but, at about 80 IBUs it's got enough of a bitter finish to satisfy a hard core hop-head like myself ^_^. All around an absolute masterpiece.

My favorite IPAs are Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA and The Great Divide's Hercules Double IPA. Both are exceptional examples of the style. Also, when you can get it, Sierra Nevada's winter ale is a fabulous IPA and Pyramid's Thunderhead IPA is a good one in the under $6 a 6-pack price range.

Ah, Beer....

One of the many passions of my life (including wine, mead, various scholarly whatevers, art, and various "i think too much aboutl life and the philosophic whatevers of existance" stuff)

Beer. I'd have to say my favorite would be my own. Specifically, my "HAZAA!"....or "Highly Ambitious Zingy Amber Ale" (Look for it at the 2006 Homebrewer competition in Denver this next november)

It is the first beer I ever made....and boy, oh boy...i was aiming for the moon on my first try and ended up shooting not just the moon...but the man on the moon....it was bangerang. I should ease up on the calsium ions next time....over gypsumed mine slightly i think. I think also that i'm going to to a time/temperature controlled mash next time....possibly go from 10L to 20L as far as my malt goes. But otherwise, i'm on the right track (I'm not giving away my secret ingredients or the hops i used).

But as far as others go......I love all beer. However, the guy who has truely stolen my heart.....is the Emerson's Range.

His Brewery is located in Dunedin, New Zealand....and he's pretty much deaf.......but one of the best brewers alive today. Amazing. His Takari George, American Pale Ale, Bookbinder.....hell....EVERYTHING is just awesome.

But otherwise....it's all good. Just in different ways.

Cheers, mates!

i think with beer you can never go wrong with pabst blue ribbon. its the best.

i also like steel reserve and red stripe when i feel like spending money. but i definitely like cheap beers.

but if we get onto the topic of liqour, wild turkey 101 is the only thing to drink.

Harp

Guinnes

Samuel Adams

Budweizer sucks!

Mine is Heineken Dark Lager!

I also like:

-Sam Adams Cream Stout

-Samueal Sith's Oatmeal Porter

-Newcastle Brown Ale

-Pete's Wicked Ale (ruby-brown)

-Young's Double Chocolate Stout

-My father-in-law brews a mean dark lager, too. Home-brewed is definately the best.(home brewing is totally legal in NC- beer only, though)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to an interest sparked by guitar over 8 months ago, I also brew my own beer. I used a kit for my first batch just to try and keep from overcomplicating things. I made Octane IPA from midwest and I think that it turned out great. It's been tested at a local winery and although being cloudy, it was high in flavor and color.

As for store bought beer, it's hard for me to say. I really like Killian's Irish Red and Red Stripe.

I would like to try a real german dark beer, so I have started looking up the ingredients for the German Dunkel lager. From its description, the Dunkel should be as black and strong as a beer can get.