LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Rash

The other day I did the deed, which has become rare with me. On account of the risk of diaper rash mainly, I looked into substitutes, and found that two ripe bananas, microwaved for 30 seconds, yield a similar feeling, if not pleasure.

While the feeling is very similar, the pleasure is less so because pooping in a diaper never really happens. There is a much responded to thread under the SSP heading about how important pooping a diaper is to feeling ‘babyish’, a word used to describe sentimental pleasure more than a physical feeling.

So, I must admit, you really can’t poop your diaper without actually doing it, the pleasure being so tied up in the act itself, not the product. I guess this is what I was thinking when I was at the sink washing dishes, diapered and already good and wet. You have to understand something else, too. I make my own diapers, an exact copy of old fashioned Pampers (see pics). It takes a bit of doing, but is well worth the effort. (Again, wearing diapers is all about sentimental pleasure; what feels good are the emotions, not the diaper itself so much.)

So I stay dry most of the time, to make a diaper last. Fortunately, I get a lot of satisfaction out of just being diapered. Yes, it’s certainly more satisfying to use them, just as babies do, but I get plenty of (non-sexual) pleasure from just wearing. About once a week though I wet. And, of course, when I wet, the diaper does not need to come off, except if I need to poop. But that’s when I’m really torn. Here I am in a diaper that’s ready to go, already incapable of being worn beyond the present session. Now, if I’m early in the session, having wet just once or twice, I’m likely to do my business on the toilet; if I’ve wet three or four times, I’m inclined to go for it.

That’s what happened the other day. I was already soaked, and just loving my diaper because of it. I was sucking my pacifier, too. It was just one of those now or never moments. So I teased myself with some denial which only increased the urge, and my satisfaction, when the moment finally arrived. Temporarily, I was in heaven.

I tend to be quite a frugal person, if only in the sense that I like using stuff up. No wasting. That’s really where the trouble started. I wasn’t going to waste (nice, pun) this diaper. Even though I’d already done more in it than I do ordinarily, I saw it as wasteful to tell mommy I needed fresh after some little time, about fifteen minutes. Instead, I wore that dirty diaper for over two hours, and it did feel great, both physically and emotionally.

I started out washing dishes, but the best thing about a dirty diaper is the squish, which comes from sitting, of which there was plenty with lots to do on the computer. Eventually, I started feeling something like you do after a long day at the beach. You’re badly sunburned, but the pain hasn’t arrived yet.

Well, folks, this was a bad sunburn, really bad. My wife had a look and said it looked like bed sores. Incredibly, and fortunately, it started getting better quickly after two days. But it was quite painful to sit, and physically very draining. Was it worth it? Probably not, but like I said, I knew I was staying out in the sun too long. The sun all by itself is not the problem; it’s how long you spend in it.

Now the question for anyone who has bothered reading to here is do you have to guard against diaper rash as a SSP adherent, and if you have ever had diaper rash, do you have any favorite remedies? Thank you.

post-16254-092771400 1287073560_thumb.jp

post-16254-072634500 1287073573_thumb.jp

post-16254-092771400 1287073560_thumb.jp

post-16254-072634500 1287073573_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Thanks for your post, I really enjoyed reading it.

There is never a guard against Diaper Rash. Some have sensitive skin, and some do not. But I guess that eating/drinking a lot of C vitamins will ease the pain a bit when it happens. Just use some rash cream if you get a rash. I guess you can figure out why. ;)

Also, I'm quite amazed at how well the detail of those home-made diapers are! :)

As TDL said: Some people get rashes really bad, some don't. (Myself for example, have yet to get a rash, even after 12+ hours messy)

Experiment with some different creams, that's about all you can do really.

• Like 1

Thank you very much, Miss TDL, for saying how close to the real thing my homemade old fashioned Pampers appear. Since those photos were taken, the diaper has been improved with the addition of a colorful strip at the top in front, the purpose of which is to prevent the plastic from tearing when the tapes are undone. This was a long overdue feature as I mostly keep diapers dry by using the toilet.

The strip ads visual appeal as well; clearly I wear baby diapers, not the sad ones on half-out-of-their-minds nursing home patients, or people with handicaps, including incontinence, which is not to say I'm insensitive to those situations. Quite the contrary. I simply make the point that the emotional satisfaction I get from wearing diapers depends heavily on their appearing to be for babies, not adults.

post-16254-079092100 1287080314_thumb.jp

post-16254-079092100 1287080314_thumb.jp

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

this looks like the place to ask a question, my on-line daddy wants answered.  How long can someone sit in a poopy diaper before getting a rash?

There is no answer to this. Some people can only last 30 mins while can last up to 12+ hours. It depends no your skin largely.

personally, i do not poop in my diaper often, just cause im diapered amongst friends, and i dont want that smell around for a long time. but do i like to poop? yes. Does the shower need to be nearby soon after? yes. but when i have the time, and im by myself, i will poop indeed, and there has been a time where i pooped, sat around and played for a about 4 hours, went to bed (9 hours) woke back up and played some more, i was afraid to even take the diaper off cause i knew it was bad news, after all was said and done, i wore a poopy diaper for about 16 hours before i changed, and my diaper rash was something fierce, you know what did wonders for me? VASELINE, cheap smells good, and it will stop all of the friction between your legs.

Wearing, and using diapers can cause many different rashes, all commonly known as diaper rash. There are four main ones -

1 - Friction burn

2 - Active yeast rash

3 - Chemical rash - from faeces and or urine

4 - Reactive rash - cause by a reaction to soap / chemicals within the diaper.

1 - Friction burn on the inside legs and/or elastic marks can be prevented by using talcum powder at these locations only.

2- Active yeast rash is caused by high urine concentrations, and can only be prevented by increasing ones intake of water.

3- Chemical rash can be prevented by using barrier creams - like petrolum jelly (vaseline) or some other NON water based cream, Cures for this rash is diaper creams - sudocream, zinc oxide cream etc.

4- Reactive rash requires either change of diaper brand / soap used to wash diaper (in the case of cloth diapers). Cure for this type of rash involves washing affected area with clean warm water (to dilute the chemical) and then using zinc oxide cream, and allowing the area to air breath while the cream is absorbed.

Diaper rash occurs when the chemicals in your urine / faeces starts to react and breakdown your skin. A chronological baby has a protective layer on its skin to help prevent this, but it is in the folds of its skin where the concentration of urine/faeces increase, where a rash can start. The normal way to reduce the risk of rash is to change the baby as soon as it is wet/messy.

In an adults case, where one wishes to wear a wet/soiled diaper longer, some sort of barrier cream is suggested. The best barrier cream available is one that prevents the skin getting wet - which is something like petrolum jelly (trade name vaseline) or something similar. This is a NON water based barrier cream, as the water based creams will wash off once they get wet. Sudocreme or standard diaper cream is suitable as a cure to diaper rash, as it allows the skin to try and heal, but usually poor at preventing the rash in the first place. Despite popular belief, talcum powder does nothing to prevent diaper rash. It will, however, prevent friction rashes (where the skin gets moist from sweat, and the movement of the diaper / plastic pants rub the skin raw usually on the inside of the legs etc.

Most rashes can be treated by washing with clean warm water, and allowing to air dry, applying zinc oxide cream and allowing same to absorb. In the case of a yeast infection (noticable by pus oozing from area) require medical intervention - ie talk to your doctor. A yeast infection requires antibiotics to cure.

Proper hygiene observance is critical to prevent rash. Using a barrier cream and baby powder will keep the rashes down to a minimum. The long term diaper wearer develops a natural barrier to rashes within the diaper area, but has to use baby powder etc to avoid friction rashes. A onesie will also help prevent friction rashes as it creates a cloth barrier between the inside leg and the plastic of the outside of a diaper.

Wearing, and using diapers can cause many different rashes, all commonly known as diaper rash. There are four main ones -

1 - Friction burn

2 - Active yeast rash

3 - Chemical rash - from faeces and or urine

4 - Reactive rash - cause by a reaction to soap / chemicals within the diaper.

1 - Friction burn on the inside legs and/or elastic marks can be prevented by using talcum powder at these locations only.

2- Active yeast rash is caused by high urine concentrations, and can only be prevented by increasing ones intake of water.

3- Chemical rash can be prevented by using barrier creams - like petrolum jelly (vaseline) or some other NON water based cream, Cures for this rash is diaper creams - sudocream, zinc oxide cream etc.

4- Reactive rash requires either change of diaper brand / soap used to wash diaper (in the case of cloth diapers). Cure for this type of rash involves washing affected area with clean warm water (to dilute the chemical) and then using zinc oxide cream, and allowing the area to air breath while the cream is absorbed.

Diaper rash occurs when the chemicals in your urine / faeces starts to react and breakdown your skin. A chronological baby has a protective layer on its skin to help prevent this, but it is in the folds of its skin where the concentration of urine/faeces increase, where a rash can start. The normal way to reduce the risk of rash is to change the baby as soon as it is wet/messy.

In an adults case, where one wishes to wear a wet/soiled diaper longer, some sort of barrier cream is suggested. The best barrier cream available is one that prevents the skin getting wet - which is something like petrolum jelly (trade name vaseline) or something similar. This is a NON water based barrier cream, as the water based creams will wash off once they get wet. Sudocreme or standard diaper cream is suitable as a cure to diaper rash, as it allows the skin to try and heal, but usually poor at preventing the rash in the first place. Despite popular belief, talcum powder does nothing to prevent diaper rash. It will, however, prevent friction rashes (where the skin gets moist from sweat, and the movement of the diaper / plastic pants rub the skin raw usually on the inside of the legs etc.

Most rashes can be treated by washing with clean warm water, and allowing to air dry, applying zinc oxide cream and allowing same to absorb. In the case of a yeast infection (noticable by pus oozing from area) require medical intervention - ie talk to your doctor. A yeast infection requires antibiotics to cure.

Proper hygiene observance is critical to prevent rash. Using a barrier cream and baby powder will keep the rashes down to a minimum. The long term diaper wearer develops a natural barrier to rashes within the diaper area, but has to use baby powder etc to avoid friction rashes. A onesie will also help prevent friction rashes as it creates a cloth barrier between the inside leg and the plastic of the outside of a diaper.

Thats the best answer anyone could have given! I might add that you should start to feel some irritation if you sit in a wet and messy diaper. The time it takes each and every time for you to feel that irritation can vary depending on the situation, what you've had to eat or drink, etc. When you feel any irritation starting, you should change right away and clean up good! Even then, it may be too late as irritation is an indication of a rash!