LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Self-Powdering- How Is It Done?

So how do I begin...

I have random bowel attacks that last a day or two at a time. When done, I'm left with the most horrible rash that takes forever to go away. During this healing time, I try to use regular underwear, as the increased airflow & dryness helps with the healing. I would use baby powder "back there" to help with the dryness issue, but how do I apply this on my own? I can easily powder up my diapers when the IC occurs, but I don't want powder all over my clothes (dark dress slacks).

Thanks

is it really 10$ ? how long do you last with one of those compared to say, a 4$ J&J standard powder bottle?

I only Pay about $5-$6 dollars locally, last about 3 months or so the good thing is you can smear it all over. and when it dries to powder your all covered in a layer of powder...and it don't POOF out of the diaper. Make sure your wipe your hands with a baby wipe or rinse in the sink...your hands will be coated too! Be carefull to not contaminate the tapes and diaper front when applying the diaper. :thumbsup:

I actually have a fairly large old sock that i have rolled up and i use as a "powder puff"? I sprinkle the powder on the sock first, then pat myself with it, since i am holding the back side of the sock, no worries about getting powder on the fingers and messing up tapes. Helps keep from using way too much powder, since too much in certain areas, especially between the legs can cause a rash as well since the powder will just hold the moisture at that point.

• 3 weeks later...

Liquid baby powder sounds good. My technique: I sit on the toilet, pour a bit of powder into one slightly cupped hand, reach around behind me and poof it up into the rectal area. Make sure you are nice and clean of course. It works for me. The excess powder is pretty much contained within the bowl. You lose some but most goes where it's needed. Flush the excess away. Begin by using less. If you need more apply again. Hope this helps. I treat the rash with jock itch cream and antibiotic ointment.

I actually have a fairly large old sock that i have rolled up and i use as a "powder puff"? I sprinkle the powder on the sock first, then pat myself with it

When younger my Folks would use an old sock too.But they would put baby powder or corn starch in it;tie the end & pat it on at changes.:smiley-baby-boy: