LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Side Sleeping

Marcuss

Hello,

I sleep on my side and often (like now) lye on my back in bed watching tv or using the laptop. And time and time again after minimal wetting my diapers leak out the top in the front and back before utilizing much of the diaper. Biggest problem is when i sleep as ...i dont know its leaking.. I use bambino with a quatro insert as its my prefered diaper. I tried buying one size up as you would for a baby but they dont seem to help. What im looking for they dont make. I need a diaper that has a high ride hight like 2-3 inches over the belly button. Anyone have any ideas or other solutions i may not have thought of? Short of wrapping tape tight around my waste im out of ideas. I also tried plastic pants but as the outside of the diaper is not absorbant it just puddles up in the pants and then leaks out...and makes the diaper less pleasant to change. Cloth diapers i had made work the best but are not to convienient as i travle constantly for my job and laundry is not easy to do... also messing in cloth diapers is not fun to spray out expectialy when you dont have a private bathroom.

Cloth diapers and plastic pants do work the best for side sleepers, how ever if you want the convience of disposable diapers and less mess.

Try wearing a cloth diaper and plastic pants over your disposable.

If your disposable leaks you have the extra protection to prevent a wet bed or clothes, and if you mess, It will be in the disposabel.

I have no bladder control, so for me diapers are functional and necessary 24/7. I grew up in pinned gauze diapers covered by Gerber vinyl panties, which were sold in many adult sizes until Gerber turned that aspect of the business over to VIP.

While I was living in dorms at pre-law and law school I had to make-do with disposables because there was no way I could discreetly wash and dry cloth diapers. During those years I had to be careful to never sleep on my side.

Once I was established as an attorney in Los Angeles I met and fell in love with Don Davis. He owned a lovely home with top quality laundry equipment. Thus in May 1991 I was able to return to routinely wearing pinned gauze diapers to bed. Currently I wear Kins pull-on vinyl panties, which I consider an improvement over the classic Gerbers.

As I have written previously, since I wear disposable slip-in pads while working as a responsible adult attorney, I also use one of those inside my pinned gauze night diaper. Many of my incontinent adult friends do the same thing. There is no reason to waste an adult diaper if it will be covered by a cloth diaper. All you need is the central disposable core. Virtually any baby disposable can easily be converted to be a slip-in or central core. I use Pampers Cruisers Size 3 DryMax at night and Size 4 as my day slip-in.

There are other baby disposables which cost more. Perhaps people larger than me might want Size 5 or 6. As a slip-in or central core a cloth-like baby disposable works best since it will cling to either the cotton panty holding it by itself or the cloth diaper. What you want is a baby diaper with enough capacity. None of my friends have had any luck with economy baby disposables.

• Like 1

I've NEVER had any luck sleeping on my side, and not for lack of trying. I guess they'd have to build a diaper literally sideways, and I guess there's no market for that. What I've found I need to do is that I need to make myself a pillow cocoon around myself in the bed using those heavy futon-like pillows and then if I turn I flop back on my back or the pillows collapse enough to put me on my belly. This is my best solution, but YMMV.

I am a bedwetter, and I can sometimes get away with a Tranquility ATN without leaking when sleeping. the trick is to tape the back of the diaper lower an the front will be much higher so my :smiley-baby-boy: is pointing right where the most absorbant part of the diaper is at, and if I happen to have a strong flood the rest of the diaper catches it. Currently I am using Active ultras for overnight but They dont get as used up as the ATNs used to. So I gotta find a less absorbent/thick diaper for worknights :D

the cloth diaper over sounds like a good idea i may try that but laundry is quite hard for me to do with my work. I wish there was some type of elastic belt like item or vinal to seal the top of the diaper....not sure how to make it both flexable and breathable and still effective. Heh...maby ill get a big jar of liquid latex that should be ....interesting.

Side sleepers will have this problem. Fortunatly for me, I do not bedwet. I sometimes will wear a diaper to bed but when I have to pee I will wake up. Only difference is I will roll over on my back and wet my diaper or I will stand up, wet my diaper and then go back to bed. Unfortunatly, even with a doubler if I wet too much in that same night diaper and then lay on my side to sleep, I will sometimes leak and get the sheets wet. That tells me that even though I wear a good absorbent diaper with a doubler inside, I can still wet it too much and have it leak even though I'm careful when I wet to have the pee distributed through out my diaper as much as possible and not all pooling in one area. Even with plastic pants on I have wet so much I have leaked. As many people have said, I think the best solution is to wear a cloth diaper over your disposable and then plastic pants. I know this means washing cloth diapers but that's about the only thing I know that will help short of sleeping on a disposable bed pad.

try these

http://www.providerschoicemed.com/Product-Catalog_2/Adult-Diapers/Active-Ultra-Plus-Adult-Diaper-X-Large-48-cs

i got the free sample and it quite, gives you the freedom of movement i toss and turn at night too and these stayed in place and worked well

I have an idea.

I've heard of people sewing pockets in the back of their pajamas and putting tennis balls in them. This prevents them from rolling onto their backs and snoring. Maybe you could put tennis balls on the hips of your PJ's, to prevent you from rolling onto your side while you sleep. Dumb idea.

i have been wetting wearing long long time now and am a big side sleeper... the best for me is a diaper a that wraps around to the front so for me wearing a large even tho i can fit a med...(except depends) fixed side leaks for the most part sometimes it happens but rarely.... i tried plastic pants but they just added skin issues and still leaked... i have not found cloth diapers that worked for me... everyone has to find what works them as we all wet,sleep diferantly and diapers fit us diferantly

I think you should give the new Dry 24/7 a shot from xpmedical. From what I have worn they are hands down the thickest disposable diaper I have worn.

Same here.

If I leak my wife will kill me... or humiliate me for the rest of my natural life.

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

http://socalab.250x.com :smiley-baby-boy:

I wear a cloth diaper over my disposable bedtime diaper and plastic pants to catch the leaks. I also sleep on my side a lot so this was the best solution for me.

i looked at the dry 24/7's and they do look thick..how would you compare them to a bambino which i currently prefer. I would have bought a case to try out but they dont seem to have much side padding...judging by the pic they have less than the bambino's .. I have lately just continued using pads over my sheets as they are easyer to wash than cloth over disposables and that much bulk makes it a bit unconfortable to sleep for me.

Aloha Marcuss i too will sleep on my side. Last night i was diapered in a 24/7 and will tell you that last night I had no leaks. I diapered up at 7pm last night and went through the entire night and early morning diapered in the same 24/7 diaper. Yes the diaper holds up and it is thick. This was my first night wearing the diaper, so really can not compare to bambino, however first impression, i am excited to finally have another diaper that I can wear to bed and not have leaks.... I wear diapers 24/7, getting the right size is key... i am in mediums... so the fit is good on me. I ordered the Dry 24/7 from XP Medical.com .... try them out if you can.

Stay diapered!!!

I too am a side sleeper. I prefer cloth diapers and plastic pants and seldom leak. I have leaked when the fit of the plastic pant is in poor alignment to the edge of the diaper. The elastic will transfer wetness from teh diaper to the bed if they touch. Also, it is best not to go to sleep wet already. That is just asking for leaks in any position.

wribbit