LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sesame Street + Katy Perry

BBB

so, I guess now they are reporting that this segment will never air because of her Cleavage.

Sadly: AP Report

Kids see cleavage (and more) everywhere else. If they weren't going to use this why did they film it? :o Where were the people who made that decision when the segment was conceived and filmed? :angry: I say fire them :P

Bettypooh

I think it's funny she didn't get aired on TV. The way she looks down her nose and publicly insults more talented artists who actually write their own lyrics (ahem... Lady Gaga) is just plain awful, not to mention petty. She's a gay hater and I won't stand for that. I don't care if she sang about kissing a girl, she didn't mean it, and her other songs (Ur So Gay ring a bell?) and her behavior proves it. Elmo, what are you doing playing with the garbage again?

• Like 1

Before the video loaded, I thought, ":o They let her wear that!" I guess they thought that the flesh mesh wouldn't be as see-through as it was :doh: . I couldn't tell until I read the article.

Elmo wasn't really playing, he was running for his life. Though the imagination is limitless :D , the set isn't :( . He could only get so far before he gave up and passed it off as play. :mellow:

• Like 1

Parents these days seem to trust TV more than themselves to educate their kids. At least that's the trend I'm seeing.

It's not trust... it is just laziness. Parents think school should teach kids everything they need to function as a "normal" adult, and TV should keep them entertained without disturbing them.

As I told my mother many years ago when she wouldn't let me go see one of the early Lethal Weapon movies... "I hear worse things on the playground every day."

But just remember... our society is so hung up on "the children" that we will do pretty much anything in their name.

Katy Perry seems like she's as much of a muppet as elmo, her expressions and everything are so "big". I think it might be revealed at some point that she was the mom from Muppet Babies. As for the cleavage, looking at the age-range of the audience they might be more prone to selling milk than sex.

I could spend all day finding negative things about this but whatever, Sesame Street has always stayed culturally relevant, this is just the 2010 revision.

It is nice to see that some things never change.

Oscar the Grouch, unemployed and lives in a trash can.

Bert & Ernie, two guys sharing the same bed.

Cookie Monster loves that junk food.

Maybe parents need to get past the "OMG Cleavage!" and see what kind of example the characters are really setting.

AutieAB is posting in cynic mode again (for a change :P)

I smell a rat. Or more rather, a PR stunt.

Option 1:

Let it the segment air without fanfare and it would have been seen by a load of preschoolers and perhaps some Katy Perry fans. It would probably have ended up on Youtube where it would have doubtless racked up a fair number of views.

Option 2:

Manufacture some drama around it by claiming that parents have complained and then 'pull' it. Instant viral hit. Youtube re-uploaders will start attaching the word 'banned' to it. The press, who aren't smart enough to realise they're being manipulated, will cotton on and start talking about it, driving more and more views. Result? Major exposure. The Youtube vid in the OP is on Katy Perry's official Youtube channel (apparently) and had 500K views a couple of hours ago. Now it's up to 760K. It was uploaded less than 24 hours ago. [edit] in the few minutes that it's taken me to write this post, it's jumped to 830K views.

CTW almost certainly own the rights to the vid. If they really wanted it pulled, they wouldn't allow it to sit on her channel like that.

It's a stunt.

It is nice to see that some things never change.

Oscar the Grouch, unemployed and lives in a trash can.

Bert & Ernie, two guys sharing the same bed.

Cookie Monster loves that junk food.

Maybe parents need to get past the "OMG Cleavage!" and see what kind of example the characters are really setting.

wow twice in a row do i agree with the finned one totally makes sense !! :thumbsup:

AutieAB is posting in cynic mode again (for a change :P)

I smell a rat. Or more rather, a PR stunt.

Option 1:

Let it the segment air without fanfare and it would have been seen by a load of preschoolers and perhaps some Katy Perry fans. It would probably have ended up on Youtube where it would have doubtless racked up a fair number of views.

Option 2:

Manufacture some drama around it by claiming that parents have complained and then 'pull' it. Instant viral hit. Youtube re-uploaders will start attaching the word 'banned' to it. The press, who aren't smart enough to realise they're being manipulated, will cotton on and start talking about it, driving more and more views. Result? Major exposure. The Youtube vid in the OP is on Katy Perry's official Youtube channel (apparently) and had 500K views a couple of hours ago. Now it's up to 760K. It was uploaded less than 24 hours ago. [edit] in the few minutes that it's taken me to write this post, it's jumped to 830K views.

CTW almost certainly own the rights to the vid. If they really wanted it pulled, they wouldn't allow it to sit on her channel like that.

It's a stunt.

well, sorta.

except Sesame Street released it on their youtube channel first, and that is where the parent reactions came from.

so, I guess now they are reporting that this segment will never air because of her Cleavage.

I thought there were laws against 'age' discrimination. Guess that doesn't apply to CLEAV-age.