LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Members Rides Thread

I thought I saw something along these lines on here the other day, but a search revealed nothing... and you can't search for 3-letter words (like car) so here it goes.

In hopes of starting a halfway intelligent discussion...

What do you drive? Why did you pick it? Any future plans for modifications, upgrades, etc? Post up a pic or two.

About 2 weeks ago I picked this up...

HPIM1913.jpg

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon. 5-speed with under 21,000mi.

Paid $14k... which IMO is a bit steep. But ones like this in good condition with such low miles are in high demand around here and they don't stay on the lots long.

Why this particular vehicle? It's economical, practical and fun. Hatch back with plenty of room to haul stuff from the store, AWD for excellent all-weather traction, 4-cylinder for good gas mileage and manual 5-speed for the extra performance boost and entertainment factor.

Future plans... #1 on the list is window tint, the sun out here is brutal and I want to protect the interior. After that I want to do some basic bolt-ons... intake, exhaust and suspension upgrades to improve the performance and handling. Maybe a nice looking set of rims later on down the road. Honestly that's about it... I am mostly satisfied with the car as it is, which is a rarity in my case.

My 10 year old car recently died. I dropped over a grand in electrical repairs earlier this year, then I developed an engine problem. due to the first expense and some other temporary financial restraints I am not in a position to invest anymore into my car at this time to repair or replace. So until I can put a little cash together, I am a Scoo2er Boi

post-14587-020543000 1284566299_thumb.jp

post-14587-020543000 1284566299_thumb.jp

Guest little_jonny

here's what i ride. lol. i have no car yet. still working on my license. i do turn some heads when riding it. i do get some people laugh at me until i ask them if they want to try riding it and they cant even get it going. why i ride it is because i cant ride a two wheel bike. i have a bad balancing problem but i have one and it was worth the money. i would say i had put over 100 miles on my bike, lol

post-22833-073566800 1284571750_thumb.jp

post-22833-073566800 1284571750_thumb.jp

I just bought a Honda, for a winter car, I love cars but never really gave honda a second look, after my first one about 5 years ago which had 125K on it when I bought it I love these cars.

That first one was a 98 accord ex coupe and after driving it loved it so much I wanted to try a new one so I bought a new 04 civic ex coupe, I put 12k on the car in 2 years time and sold it for what I paid for it.

Then I bought another new one in 07 had that a year and sold that one and got all my money back again.

So I just ran across the one I have now on the 11th of sept and hope to have just as much fun and get my money back again, this time I bought a used one and after test driving the new ones like mine it feels the same.

BTW the car I bought was an 06 Honda Civic Si coupe, love the power of the Si.

last year we bought a new 09 nissan versa. Its a hatchback. We bought it because we live in Jersey which means mostly city driving and the versa has great mileage. Before we bought that I had a 08 Chrysler PT Cruiser that when I was in Indiana was awesome to have...I could fit my friends into it, I looked all bling blingy and such but after bringing it to Jersey the mileage just wasnt good.

I was to get a new Jeep Wrangler. I want to get some nice big tires on it too.

This will get interesting :P Had to do 2 posts cause of the pics.

DSC_0375.jpg

2001 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel. Built for towing. Gauges, Exhaust brake, vaccum switch for 2 low backing, and a bigger turbo.

And yes that is my 93' Bayliner 20.5' boat.

pics2332.jpg

86' Samurai. Built for rock crawling 4:16 T case gears with 5:38 ring and pinion. Lock rites front and rear. Have had this for 10 years. But gave it up for the next vehicle.

DSC_5561.jpg

DSC00644.jpg

84' Toyota Truggy. 22RE motor with dual T cases. 4.7 rear case with twin stick. 4.88 Ring and Pinion with spools front and rear. Front is toyota 8" with Chromoly Long Fields. Rear is a Ford 9" with Chromoly 35 spline shafts. 4 link rear suspension with Fox coil overs. 37" Toyo Mt's tires.

Last but not least.

11535_192724232802_646062802_3859106_8063601_n.jpg

11535_192722587802_646062802_3859099_2205818_n.jpg

89' Porsche 928 GT. She is one of the later of the 60 imported into the US that year. Top speed of 182. Fasted production car of her day. 5.0L V8 in the front with the Gearbox at the rear. This makes the 50/50 weight balance. The GT's were only made with the 5 speed dog leg manual transmission.

My 10 year old car recently died. I dropped over a grand in electrical repairs earlier this year, then I developed an engine problem. due to the first expense and some other temporary financial restraints I am not in a position to invest anymore into my car at this time to repair or replace. So until I can put a little cash together, I am a Scoo2er Boi

At least you're in a good place to ride one- unless Julia or Igor drop by for a visit :o Hope the car/cash thing works out quickly for you ;)

Bettypooh

Her name is Sonja. And if you don't get the joke, you need to watch more 80's B movies.

red2p.jpg

red1li.jpg

She was a Christmas present from my grandpa, as my old truck is only 3 years younger than me and is in use by my other grandparents. I was stuck with the car best known as "The POS" for about a year. Sonja lacks the get-up-and-go of my old truck, but it bigger and doesn't have any actual mechanical problems. I'm a Chevy man, and would've preferred another Chevy truck, but as they say, "don't look a gift horse in the mouth". She gets me from point A to point B well enough. I don't drive enough to really get seriously into the whole "I love my vehicle!" mentality.

About 2 weeks ago I picked this up...

2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Wagon. 5-speed with under 21,000mi.

Paid $14k...

I've always had a strange fondness for Subis! I'm a big fan of the really old school air cooled classics because of their retro cool. Subaru makes one hell of a rally car! I've wanted one of the latest generation WRX myself, but I can't afford the insurance, let alone the car. Right now I have a 2006.5 Skoda Octavia. It's very efficient, but not all that much fun. I have to wait until student loans are paid off before I can get some new wheels (2017!) so I'm sad that the WRX I want will have to wait a while, but I imagine it's going to be a hell-beast when I'm ready!

The WRX is a really nice car... I looked at several but honestly the regular Impreza fills my needs without all the extra costs associated with a forced-induction fast car (insurance, gas, maintenance, etc.). I've done the fast tuner car thing in the past... I just want to enjoy this one without the constant want to go faster. The basic 2.5 combined with the 5-speed has enough power to get me around town, and traffic is so heavy here there isn't much need or room to go more than 5 over the speed limit anyways. I just couldn't justify paying an extra $5000 for something that would only end up getting me in trouble.

...I just couldn't justify paying an extra $5000 for something that would only end up getting me in trouble.

I understand completely. I want an excuse (more accurately a REASON) to go to track day or The Ring. My poor Octavia would get run/laughed/shamed (pick your word or combination thereof) off the track. My time around The Ring would be, well, since I have the TDI, I imagine some bloke in a Vauxhall Astra could pass me somewhat easily. And I'm talking the ES, I'd hate to see what a VRX would do!

One of the few 'problems' with Skodas is that they run forever if properly maintained. My brother has ~880,000 km on the clock of his (550,000 miles in the Church of England). At my rate, I'll have to sell her before she's ready to go if I want a hot hatch and there lies the problem. I have a hard time justifying that to myself. Oh well, maybe for my 40th birthday :)