LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Depend's Brand

Ive been reading for a while now how lots of people complain about Depends...They are one of the few left who make them in white plastic and are crinkly. But i guess for some they leak but I find them some what thick and are even better putting a booster pad inside them. When I do that it reminds me of the crinkly diapers I wore as a child........cant stand the cloth ones the diaper companies make now,they are thin and scratchy....

• 2 months later...

Interesting all the comments good or bad about Depends. Well, I just bought a new package of Depends Fitted Briefs after using CVS Fitted Briefs for a while. I was using the CVS diapers because they were inexpensive, had inner leak guards, plastic backing, and the padding went way up the back of the diaper so much that you could actually see the thick padding sticking out of the back of my pants when I bent over, but it looks like CVS is changing their diapers to cloth-like, no inner leak guards, and who knows what else.

However, like I said, I bought a new package of Depends diapers and I noticed that they have increased the padding area closer to the leg openings and to the sides of the front and the back of the diaper. This has increased the absorbency and decreased the leakage problem for me. The also added a green waistband strip to the front and back of the diaper. This makes the diaper appear more babyish. Oh yeah and they also eliminated the wetness indicator - another plus. Overall, they have improved, in my opinion. Now I just wish the would add even more padding all the way to the waist band both front and back and all the way to the sides for complete protection.

• 3 months later...

I just bought these and i need to know more about the quality of them. they seem ok but i'm not sure... could any vertran users tell me about these?

p.s. they are the most absorbant that my grocery store has...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't normally wear Depends, but since the drug store that I go to for Attends is being remodeled, I went to the local Walgreens to pick up Depends. When I got home I noticed on the side of the package it says "Made in Mexico". When did this happen? I guess I'll keep a larger suply of Attends on hand from now on so I never run out.

Been so long since I bought Depends I have no clue what they are like anymore, but surely didn't know they had moved production to Mexico. Suddenly Ross Perot and his "great sucking sound" doesn't seem so crazy, lol.

I can actually answer the original question.

Kimberley Clark has been moving quite a few of their operations to Mexico within the last couple of years. The transition of moving Depends production finished about 2-3 months ago. (roughly the end of August) The same procedures go into making them in Mexico as they did in the US, but the labor is cheaper there, so they suspect this will help profits and stockholders in the long run.

I don't normally wear Depends, but since the drug store that I go to for Attends is being remodeled, I went to the local Walgreens to pick up Depends. When I got home I noticed on the side of the package it says "Made in Mexico". When did this happen? I guess I'll keep a larger suply of Attends on hand from now on so I never run out.

A number of years ago, I met a man who owned a manufacturing company in Mexico making products for the US. The name of his company was MIMIC, which he explained to me was an acronym for Made In Mexico..... Infinately Cheaper.

In all seriousness, labor is cheap in forign countries and companies can save tons of money by having their products made in countries where the hourly wage is 6 cents and the workers are happy to be in a building with lights and running water! That's why when you call a company for technical support you get Abdulla in India who knows nothing about how to take care of your problem! The amazing thing is for every 100 people in India to apply for those jobs, only 4 or 5 get hired! When even minimum wage in the U.S. is around $6 per hour, why wouldn't some of these companies pay someone $2 a day for a 12 or 14 hour day? The problem is the quality of the products, as seen by all the recent recalls. Even Mattel says with the millions of recals of toys from China they are still ahead profit wise! And then everyone wonders why people in the U.S. can't afford to buy these products! You can't buy the stuff if you don't have a job due to outsourcing to other countries! Who gets rich? The CEO's of these corporations and who suffers but the hard working American people who can bairly make ends meet with high costs of living and low wages!

barnburner I to have just bought my new supply of Depends, I wear them at work and when I need to be discreet.

As far as I can tll they have not changed except the color change. I am going to go over to the Depends forum at depends.com to see what the buzz is about the color change. I will keep everyone posted if I find some earth shattering news.

Something has changed with Depends and its not good acording to the talk on the Depends.com message board. Here is a snipiet of the talk there.

Depends briefs change

Posted: 08-20-2007 09:10 PM

I just bought some new depends briefs and they have changed them. I am wearing one now and although they are a bit quiets they are not as comfortable or soft. The waist band isnt nearly as good as it was. I hope hope hope that this is just a bad batch or something. Because i really liked the way they were. And this only adds to my fear that they are going to phase out plastic covered disposable all together. I really hop that is not their direction. Anyway what do yall think?

Re: Depends briefs change

Posted: 09-25-2007 12:23 AM

I Wish They Go Back To The Old White Briefs

They Were Alot Better...............

Posted: 09-27-2007 02:16 PM

Hi all I also wish they would go back to the old white briefs.

Posted: 09-27-2007 02:27 PM

Although the color was bad and they were a bit noisier, the green briefs were better. They really stood up. That is two generations of diapers earlier.

If they could put the insides of the green briefs into the the last generation of white coverings (Not the current white covering), we would have a winner. "DEPENDable" and quieter, as well as less noticeable (The green briefs were really noticeable).

Posted: 10-03-2007 02:15 PM

I do have noticed a change and wrote to customer service a while back. I was given a general response and ordered one more case and am not happy. I am planning on switching to another brand as the current briefs are lacking in quality control. I have had many that have had the left top tape missing.

I was sent some coupons the first time I sent a message in but sending me coupons so I can buy more inconsistent product is not what I was hoping for.

At least I know I am not alone. Hopefully someone will take notice and correct this.

Posted: 10-11-2007 12:57 PM

I noticed that the latest version of "Fitted Maximum Protection" now has a green waistband. It is still very leaky, has very little absorbent material, and often the tapes tear off. I only use these when I run out and the next internet order hasn't arrived yet.

Posted: 11-20-2007 01:39 AM

Yes, the new depend briefs are terrible. You can tell because they used to be made in USA, now they are made in Mexico and are of much poorer quality (not because of where they are made, but because they are cutting quality to save money).

The only real great thing about the Depend Briefs are the waistband, and now they've ruined that.

The best Depend product ever made (in my opinion) was the next-to-last green diaper. It was a superior product and I think the best ever (except for the color). They've got downhill a bit since then, but were still okay except for the Mexican ones.

I've stocked up on the old ones for now. I've been buying Depend briefs for over ten years now, but unless they change the product back, it's over.

I have some small hope...they ruined the Depend Underwear a while back and brought back an older style, but they had already lost most my of business to Tena. Two leaks in pubic was enough.

Posted: 11-20-2007 04:33 PM

I agree, this new style of Depend with the green waistband at front and back is terrible! Like the previous poster, the waistband was very comfortable on the old (recently changed) style, this new diaper seems not nearly as soft, and isn't nearly as comfortable. And I mostly wear at night! I can't imagine having to wear this new style 24/7. I did write Depend and complain (and I suggest others who are unhappy do the same) as I'm not sure anyone reads these boards and maybe if enough people complain, they'll bring back the older (all white) ones. I have about 20 left of those that I happened to find in a store, and would love to find some more. By the way. when I complained, they sent me a whole bunch of coupons for money off and for a free bag, so I could get more of the product I don't like, apparently, lol!

I tried on a MFP from sometime earlier in the year and I have to say I was impressed on the fit (I am a funny size). I plan on picking some up, but with these mods im hearing I am not quite sure...

• 1 month later...

hi all - i am a 55/m and I also wear Depends. Most of the time I wear a double or triple layer, witht hte plastic punctured in the first two layers. I also find that putting in some paper towels helps transfer from one diaper to the next. I do not wear pull-ups but the diaper briefs. I also like to wear plastic panties over them, to control leakage and build up heat. As far as sleeping, yes, as a side sleeper it may leak. Even if you roll on tummy or back, unless you stay there for awhile, it still will run to the side. I also find sleeping with a pillow between my knees to help increase expansion.

I enjoy wearing even 3 layers under my clothes and going out.

Enjoy!

• 1 month later...

Always hearing people talking bad about depends, so figured I'd pipe up. I've tried a few different diapers, depends being the only cheap ones (Ive tried some of the really thick ones like abenas), and depends (maximum protection ones) is still my favorite.

They fit better than any other diaper I've tried, just in overallness, but it might just be my figure which makes them fit better than other diapers. Most other diapers start getting really loose after just a few hours of wearing, importantly around the leg so leaks become much more likely, but depends fit nice and snug and stay that way. They do stretch a little at the top, but thats to be expected from sitting, standing, bending over, etc, but it doesnt cause any issues. Also the tapes are really good too. There's 3 of them, so it doesnt put as much strain on a single one, and is less likely to pull off.

Yes they are thin, but I always throw an abri-let and often a depends boost as well which makes them plenty absorbent. I can put one on before heading to work, and I've never had it leak on me due to filling up before getting home.

Another plus for me is the noise. Theyre not loud, but theyre not silent, and I like that. I dont worry about people hearing at work, because it can easily be mistaken for something being in my pocket if it even does get heard at all.

anywho, thats my 0 cents on the topic.

Always hearing people talking bad about depends, so figured I'd pipe up. I've tried a few different diapers, depends being the only cheap ones (Ive tried some of the really thick ones like abenas), and depends (maximum protection ones) is still my favorite.

They fit better than any other diaper I've tried, just in overallness, but it might just be my figure which makes them fit better than other diapers. Most other diapers start getting really loose after just a few hours of wearing, importantly around the leg so leaks become much more likely, but depends fit nice and snug and stay that way. They do stretch a little at the top, but thats to be expected from sitting, standing, bending over, etc, but it doesnt cause any issues. Also the tapes are really good too. There's 3 of them, so it doesnt put as much strain on a single one, and is less likely to pull off.

Yes they are thin, but I always throw an abri-let and often a depends boost as well which makes them plenty absorbent. I can put one on before heading to work, and I've never had it leak on me due to filling up before getting home.

Another plus for me is the noise. Theyre not loud, but theyre not silent, and I like that. I dont worry about people hearing at work, because it can easily be mistaken for something being in my pocket if it even does get heard at all.

anywho, thats my 0 cents on the topic.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I have always liked depend briefs (maximum fitted protection or whatever they are calling them now). It is true that they aren't very absorbent, but like stork said throw in a depend boost and they are absolutely wonderful. They are easy to find, relatively cheap and they make just the right amount of noise. I find them to be very comfortable as well. Attends used to be my favorites but since they changed them a number of years back they just aren't what they used to be. So now, in my opinion anyway, depend rules.

• 1 month later...